Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 12:57 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,864,752 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure what's wrong with wearing sweatpants out in public? Maybe not the cheap, baggy kind. But I've seen women in sporty "sweat" outfits and some look really good in them! Maybe it depends on the design or the designer, but it's obvious some of those outfits were made for wearing in public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 01:35 PM

30 posts, read 49,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
I'm not sure what's wrong with wearing sweatpants out in public? Maybe not the cheap, baggy kind. But I've seen women in sporty "sweat" outfits and some look really good in them! Maybe it depends on the design or the designer, but it's obvious some of those outfits were made for wearing in public.

Most ugly pants. Sweatpants was invented for sport, not for street.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:39 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,864,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisztián View Post
Most ugly pants. Sweatpants was invented for sport, not for street.
You haven't seen the fashion sweat pants, the whole outfits, designed for women. Men's sweatpants are definitely for sport or for the home. But the fashion industry has taken women's sweats to a whole new level.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:41 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,612,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisztián View Post
Hello!

How people dress in U.S.? What are the most used type of pants? The jeans?
Do people wear sweatpants? I think no. I hate them.
Actually regular people rarely wear nice clothes. In Florida unless they have some office time job, they are all wearing ugly sweat pants; pants with writings on them, and generally VERY unflattering clothing items. No one matches anything, and they look like they escaped a carnival. I remember once in Germany, everyone was dressed so nicely.

Ohh, let me not forget to mention the atrocious skinny jeans that look awful on skinny people! Yeah, imagine those on 200lbs+ people!

Not for the lack of options, but for the lack of be willing to wear what flatters one's body versus what's trending. Actually, they have a show on TLC called "What Not To Wear"! Watch and weep!
What Not to Wear: TLC

People here live with this notion that they have to express themselves(=read be noticed) by wearing things that either don't fit, fit poorly, or simply don't go together. Few have enough self respect to ask for help in that regard.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:10 PM

692 posts, read 1,004,923 times
Quote:
How people dress in U.S.?
Depends on the climate where a person lives, their social circle or lifestyle or religion or how much thought and care they put into fashion and their appearance. $$ is not so much a factor because you can have buckets of money and still look slovenly or be broke and look put together and appropriate. Jeans vary. They can look chic or sloppy. Yoga pants and leggings seem to have displaced juicy couture type velour sweatpants for those that wear them and don't do yoga or exercise.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:17 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,239,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
In Florida unless they have some office time job, they are all wearing ugly sweat pants; pants with writings on them, and generally VERY unflattering clothing items.
Where at in Florida? Down here in SE Florida it's way too hot for sweatpants except for on some of the chillier days from December through February. I don't see sweatpants often at all.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:43 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,878,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacto View Post
We have for honor for the sweatpants. They are pants most important. No person must insult them!
All your sweatpants are belong to us.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:49 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Capris are horrible. They are terrible, atrocious, and awful. Did I mention they were nasty looking? They look terrible because they don't flatter ANY woman's body. I'm short (5'2"), so they one time I tried them on, they made me look even shorter. On tall women, capris make them look like amputees. They also make every woman look about 20 pounds heavier than they are. They also don't keep you as cool as shorts, and don't keep you as warm as jeans. I guess I'm not a fan of those. LOL.

I wear mid thigh shorts mostly, tank tops or short sleeved scoop necked tops in bright colors, jeans in the winter, sandals or tennis shoes, long sleeved shirts with my parka when it's cold, and occasionally dresses with tights and high heels in chilly weather.
I actually hate capri's, too. I find them indecisive. Be shorts or be pants, but don't waffle about in the middle of the road.

I don't like skinny jeans much either unless worn in the punk style with big boots, a studded jacket, and a mohawk. Skinny jeans with little canvas shoes? Please, no...

Old 10-22-2014, 02:54 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,986 times
I wear my underpants on the outside of my clothing. I'm trying to see if it could catch on. So far, it's not looking like it will.

Today I wore a hot pink and white jersey type shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes that have hot pink, baby pink, and white dots all over them. I looked like I was made of bubble gum. I had two outfits laid out: a grey pencil skirt, a white blouse, grey tights and black shoes and the pink one. Today felt more pink.

Old 10-22-2014, 03:00 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I wear my underpants on the outside of my clothing. I'm trying to see if it could catch on. So far, it's not looking like it will.

Today I wore a hot pink and white jersey type shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes that have hot pink, baby pink, and white dots all over them. I looked like I was made of bubble gum. I had two outfits laid out: a grey pencil skirt, a white blouse, grey tights and black shoes and the pink one. Today felt more pink.
Sounds like Julie Winters from the MTV animated series, "The Maxx."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty