Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 04:50 PM

348 posts, read 327,787 times

Advertisements

What's "modern" about it?

Men have always loved sluts as long as they appeal to them in his own individual tastes.

Truth be told most slutty or sexually confident women will rock our socks under the sheets.

Nothing is more of a turn off than a prudy....

It's the number #1 cause of ED.......permanent ED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y74oWon5VTo

Old 12-17-2014, 05:17 PM

4,567 posts, read 5,428,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoiselle View Post

So, you're going to ignore the celebrities who receive the most critical acclaim, admirers, and press are the ones who have an overt sexuality to a shocking, crude degree?
Oh, so you are really only referring to a small handful of celebs and not really a "trend of celebrities being sl&tty". I see. So if you are just talking about a small handful, it really isnt a "trend" then isnt it? Its just a few individuals who are like that. The celebs I mention ARE some of the most popular and widely viewed as being "sexy" and talented. Well, except for the Duck red neck girl. But she was popular enough to garner enough viewer/public votes to come in second place on Dancing With The Stars.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:00 PM

53 posts, read 56,351 times
Quote:
It's like.. it would be refreshing to see a fish in the sea by now.

I don't see how it's empowering because it's been going on for decades now and it's considered normal for women to behave that way.

At this point it was be more empowering for a woman to be conservative and ladylike without stripping their clothes off every second.

Emma Watson comes close to that but.. yeah.
It would be nice to see a return to glamour and true modesty, but I doubt that will come to pass in my lifetime. Similarly, it IS possible to make films without profanity, drug plots, gratuitous sex and gore. Won't see that in my lifetime, either. Alfred Hitchcock had quite a storied career without the aforementioned "givens" that we see today. .... just saying.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:20 PM

106 posts, read 141,092 times
Can't say I pay much attention to celebrities behaving poorly but it would be nice to turn on the tv and not see people cussing, fighting with one another and acting like total douches and believe it to be entertainment. Who writes this garbage
Dead common I say

Old 12-17-2014, 07:21 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,665,973 times
Quote:
It's like.. it would be refreshing to see a fish in the sea by now.

I don't see how it's empowering because it's been going on for decades now and it's considered normal for women to behave that way.

At this point it was be more empowering for a woman to be conservative and ladylike without stripping their clothes off every second.

Emma Watson comes close to that but.. yeah.
It's all so degrading, not empowering at all. It shows a lack of respect for self and audience alike, as if being vulgar and half-naked all the time is the only thing they have to offer. Same goes for male celebs. Yes, men have been able to get away with it forever, so the answer is for women to drag themselves down to their level? How about we all start demanding better for a change?

Most mass entertainment these days is a cesspool. It's a big reason I don't listen to modern music, don't watch TV, and haven't been to a movie in years. I find most of it degrading, and insulting to my intelligence.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,465,558 times
cheap and slutty is in, moral and clean is out.
i have never been part of the in crowd, look ma no tattoos.
show me a man or woman that caves in to their peer group pressure and i will show you a weak person.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:59 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,861,517 times
(Ok, what I am about to say will open up a can of worms, especially among "liberal" women.) I think women have dug a hole for themselves and, while they have certainly made huge gains in the things they are now able to accomplish, it has come with a price. I also think they took some of their new found power in the wrong direction.

I grew up and was taught to respect women, and protect them. If someone said a foul word in front of a lady we spoke up and let them know that wasn't acceptable. Ladies were ladies and had class. We opened doors for them, got up when they came back to the table, and generally put them on a pedestal. Some women will say that behavior on our part is condescending, but we did it out of respect.

But many of today's women see equality as being able to do whatever they want and act any way they want. A lot of women use the F bomb like it is saying hello, and I cringe every time I hear them do it, and my opinion of them drops dramatically. In a grocery store one night there were two girls of about 15 and every other word was F this and F that. I found it very sad.

But the role models they have today stink. Lowhan, Cyrus, and all those low class bimbos are a horrible example for our young people. Yep, call me old fashioned, but I still like a lady who is a classy lady.

Mod cut.

Don

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-18-2014 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: Off topic.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:28 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,433,597 times
If she's sexy, looking sl***y is seldom a bad thing

Last edited by dave nz; 12-17-2014 at 09:14 PM..

Old 12-18-2014, 12:06 AM

3,749 posts, read 4,971,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
It's considered normal and even praise worthy when men are filthy depraved sluts. I see no reason why women can't be the same.
I see no reason why we couldn't raise up men rather than lower our expectations of women.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:35 AM

40 posts, read 106,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
I see no reason why we couldn't raise up men rather than lower our expectations of women.
I know right.
Men weren't always praised for their promiscuity, even though there was always more favoritism to the male sex there would still be shaming done to men who were philanderers and preferred the bachelor life over the married life. They would be called a gallant, which is a not so nice word for a man who flirts with a lot of women and gets around. They would be social outcasts if they were 30 still have several women and have no children.. lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty