Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 07:37 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,015,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Gen Y or Milleniums are 2000-10
No, Gen Y, Millinnials, are about 1982-2004
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 07:40 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times
I always enjoy the people who say they are in their 40's but are often "mistaken" for someone in their 20's.........um, okay, and I've got a draw bridge in the Sahara right next to the ocean I would like to sell you..........

Old 02-05-2015, 08:11 PM

19,506 posts, read 9,532,107 times
Ah, the stoop walk/posture. Congrats to smart phones as I dodge yet another person looking down at their mobile device and walking at the same time hoping for hopes sake that we'll all take notice and not run into them. In another 10 years or so, you too can acquire that neck bent over look and shoulders slightly forward.

Old 02-06-2015, 03:59 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,793,403 times
Actually the ones who leave me with my mouth hanging open are the ones who say with complete confidence, "Well, you know, since I look at least ten years younger. . . " and I'm thinking, "No you don't honey!" One of these days when they catch me in the right mood, I'm going to say what I'm thinking lol.

And here's the thing--when I look in my bathroom mirror in the morning after I get my make-up on, I look pretty darn good. I don't look a day over 30. Then I put my glasses on. And I still don't look a day over 35. To me. But I realize that I really truly don't know what I look like to other people so I'm sure not going to make a fool out of myself by telling someone I look younger, when in fact I have no idea if I do or not.

As for the baby-boomer side discussion--I just used that age group b/c it's the one I'm in and most folks I talk to are in that generation but I've heard silly stuff like this from older and younger folks too. It's just that the BBers are the generation that will never grow up lol. And yeah, I still like to have fun too.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:44 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,820,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No, Gen Y, Millinnials, are about 1982-2004
How, Gen Xers are thise who were teens or kids in the 90's. The Millenium was 2000- 22nd century. gen Y would be my parents born in the 60's. I was slightly off

Generation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-06-2015, 06:35 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,671,809 times
I think from now on when someone ask me guess their age. I'm going to say over 13 and under 100 ? Am I close ? The real question is, Why are you asking me to guess your age in the first place ? I don't care !

When I've given the answer of, "I can't tell age" (in otherwords I don't care to play this age guessing game) The person obnoxiously keeps asking ! Ok I'll guess but I usually guess their age or older. It's such a neon light over the person drawing attention to themself in this manner. Anytime someone starts this stupid age game it's always someone that looks their age or older. It's their issue that they're freaking out a bit and need to find a positive healthy way to age gracefully.

I've noticed the people that are happy and grateful in general have a zest and passion for life, are joyful spirits. These are the people that are ageless, don't really think about age or discuss it because it's not an issue.

Old 02-06-2015, 06:50 PM

14,944 posts, read 12,136,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
My question is why would anyone care? I mean why is it considered such an important topic of conversation?
I haven't run across anyone who asks people to guess their ages, and I certainly wouldn't do it myself. I figure doing so would be putting the person whose asked in a pretty uncomfortable position. Besides, they might guess well over my actual age, and that'd bum me out. Of course, if I asked them a question like that, I'd deserve the answer I got!

Old 02-06-2015, 07:13 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,624,543 times
My theory is if you lie about your age you will lie about most anything. Don't have time for vain people who are full of themselves. Some of these women think they have to get Botox and fake boobs to have any self esteem.
So sad!

Old 02-06-2015, 07:35 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,021,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Next time, guess their age, but add 10 years. They'll stop doing it.
YES!!!!! Smart idea!

It drives me batty. There are definitely some people out there who look good for their age, but almost all of them have SOME characteristic that give it away. If it isn't wrinkles, then it's their skin texture. If it isn't grey hair, then it's hair texture. Sometimes, it's the way that their hands look. Plus, let's not pretend that for the vast majority, their body types change significantly -- even for thin, fit older women.

I remember that I once bought like $200 in Lancome products and was thus entitled to their free gift. Along with a small makeup bag and the usual items that you get as your "free gift with purchase," I was also given the opportunity to be made over by a celebrity makeup artist.

What happened is that I got the biggest sales pitch of my life by a 55+-year-old Lancome "counter manager" who kept saying, "Honey, you have to take care of your skin! Look at my skin! People always tell me that I look young, and it's because I take good care of my skin! Buy this $100 product and that $60 product and this other $80 product, and you can still look like me when you're in your 50s!"

Let's remember that I'm in my 20s, DO take good care of my skin, had just spent 100s on their products and was waiting for the celebrity makeup artist to come over and finally "work his magic."

Also, her skin didn't look as "wonderful" as she claimed. I mean, she was an attractive middle-aged woman who clearly took care of herself, but just because you use expensive products and tell people that you have the skin of a 40-year-old doesn't make it true...

Old 02-06-2015, 08:12 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,167,069 times
I really don't care how old someone is, how old they think they are, or how old they tell me they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty