Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 02:09 PM

2 posts, read 5,289 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I need help with a small yet odd (Well at least for me) problem. Recently my grilfriend told me she doesn't use deodorant because she says that she smells a lot but no deodorant she has ever tried works for her.

Instead she uses deodorant powder for feet (That kinda shock me, I mean deodorant for feet under your arms, What's that about) anyway it really doesn't bother me because i've been with her for over 5 month and I never realized it until she told me.

But it seem that it is a pretty big deal for her, it seems to me that her self confidence is really afected by that because after she told me she didn't even wanted to look at my face, and I felt prety bad about it. I love her a lot and I dont want her to suffer or feel less because of e problem that for me doesn't look like a big problem.

So here is my question at last, what kind of deodorant or what brad could she use, because of her strong smell, or is ther anyother tip or suggestion that can help her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 02:21 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,175,551 times
There are prescription deodorants that she can get from her doctor if she's got a problem that badly. I use Arm&Hammer, myself.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:28 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,517,233 times
None of the girls ones work for me, I'd always perspire anyway after a couple hours. I've never tried the so-called "clinical strength" deodorants I keep seeing commercials for lately though.

I've been using the same as my husband for years now -- Old Spice Sport! Nobody has ever asked if I'm wearing cologne or anything, so I don't worry about it. It just works so everybody is happy.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:07 PM

188 posts, read 548,777 times
Want to make her feel better. Start using foot powder under YOUR arms.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:17 PM

926 posts, read 2,748,681 times
Lady Mitchum- so effective you could skip a day....thats their advertising and it works. I sweat profusly and never smell lol

Old 03-28-2008, 05:21 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,034,538 times
She needs a strong anti perspirant. Sweat, when it comes out of the body has no odor. It's only after bacteria goes to work on it that it smells. Look at the ingredients on deodorants and look for the highest aluminum chloride (I think that is the ingredient, but what ever the active ingredient is..look for the brands that have the highest). Some work better on some people than others. I did not have good results with the women's Mitchum, but the men's Mitchum works pretty good.
If she truly has more than normal sweat output, as others have said, a doctor can prescribe something.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:46 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
CertainDri. You apply it at night before you go to bed. It completely shrinks & closes off your pores. It is by far the best product I've ever used for perspiration. I discovered it from a fellow soccer player who like me got tired of her uniform jersey getting stained from deodorant.

Trust me- it WORKS!

Old 03-29-2008, 10:23 AM

291 posts, read 1,075,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
CertainDri. You apply it at night before you go to bed. It completely shrinks & closes off your pores. It is by far the best product I've ever used for perspiration. I discovered it from a fellow soccer player who like me got tired of her uniform jersey getting stained from deodorant.

Trust me- it WORKS!
I absolutely second this! I had a prescription before for the more expensive stuff, but I found that the Certain Dri works just as well, for about 1/3 of the price. I use it every third day, and I no longer sweat at all under my arms. I ruined many a shirt because even things like Lady Mitchum were totally ineffective for me, and Certain Dri literally changed my life! I've since converted both my boyfriend and my brother, and they both swear it changed their lives as well. I feel for her, I really do- go buy her some of this stuff right now! There's no reason for her to be embarassed- it is a very common problem (I've learned this after speaking with other people), it's just not one that many people discuss openly.

Old 03-29-2008, 02:22 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,001,992 times
Does she smell??? if not--whatever she's doing works! As long as you're clean, odor shouldn't be a problem! It's not the actual "sweat" that smells, it's the bacteria that forms in the wet conditions!

Old 03-29-2008, 06:42 PM

450 posts, read 2,322,540 times
I have heard Certain Dri works from tons of people. However, does anyone know if it does anything bad to you or its active ingredients are unhealthy? I'm afraid it might be linked to breast cancer, even though I've also heard it's a myth. I don't fully trust strong anti-perspirants, I have been trying to research it. Are they safe?

I can tell you, my husband has sensitive skin and anti-perspirants make him break out and get rashes and burns. But when he uses only deodorant (not deodorant/antiperspirant combos) I can tell the difference, he smells. But he cannot use the active ingredient in antiperspirants.

I personally have had GREAT luck with those stones from health food stores, the kind that are rocks and you wet them and apply. I forget the specific brand I used (I'm out and need to order it, can't find it locally)...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty