Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2015, 05:18 PM

8,043 posts, read 10,634,161 times

Advertisements

Yes, men prefer a "natural" look.

That's why they buy all those magazines with such "natural" women in them, with those natural boobs and all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 05:19 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,734,569 times
Thanks captain obvious...

Although I like a woman that is naturally pretty, I don't hate on women that like to get dolled up every so often, just not on a daily basis.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:21 PM

750 posts, read 643,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post

That's why they buy all those magazines with such "natural" women in them, with those natural boobs and all.
natural in relation to facial aesthetics.

when it comes to bodies most men prefer women with some curves.

and even when it comes to curves most men would prefer natural curves over plastic curves.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:23 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,548,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
This is something that I just cant understand. Men prefer a woman to look natural. If we can see your makeup / its obviously visible than you probably have too much on.

There is a girl ive been on a few dates with but she wears too much makeup. She looks much better without all that on. I want to tell her that is why I am not seeing her more or will not entertain her as a possible gf. But I cant not tell her that obviously.

I think you should give her another chance . That is not a good enough reason to stop seeing someone if you really like them. It is more of an annoyance than a major issue.Just tell her that she looks more beautiful to you without makeup then with it Tell her she does not even need it to be beautiful. Many women wear too much makeup out of insecurity. It may also be that she doesnt really know how to apply it properly.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:29 PM

750 posts, read 643,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
I think you should give her another chance . That is not a good enough reason to stop seeing someone if you really like them. It is more of an annoyance than a major issue.Just tell her that she looks more beautiful to you without makeup then with it Tell her she does not even need it to be beautiful. Many women wear too much makeup out of insecurity. It may also be that she doesnt really know how to apply it properly.
I have only met her 4-5 times over the course of 4 months. I do not "really" like her as I did not pursue her further after the initial meeting to get to know her on such a level to be "really" liking her. After we met I decided we were more compatible as friends than bf/gf.

I feel uncomfortable telling a woman or implying she wears too much makeup. Regardless if I say it in another manner as in she looks more beautiful without makeup. That would be a lie as I do not think she looks beautiful with makeup on and probably doesn't look beautiful without makeup as well. Not that, that is important. She is not dumb and will be able to read between the lines.

Quote:
Many women wear too much makeup out of insecurity. It may also be that she doesnt really know how to apply it properly
Agree 100%

Old 03-27-2015, 05:39 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,049 times
Quote:

Excellent point!!!

Old 03-27-2015, 06:11 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,258,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
This is something that I just cant understand. Men prefer a woman to look natural. If we can see your makeup / its obviously visible than you probably have too much on.

There is a girl ive been on a few dates with but she wears too much makeup. She looks much better without all that on. I want to tell her that is why I am not seeing her more or will not entertain her as a possible gf. But I cant not tell her that obviously.
Some men certainly prefer a natural look.

But others prefer the Tammy Baker look or the Triple G sized silicon implant look.

You are apparently one of the former, and the young lady you've been seeing thinks you are one of the latter.

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:11 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,399 times
Quote:

This is very much a baseless assumption. Google the top ten men's magazines right now and not one, NONE have a cover with a woman with an unrealistic female body. FACT is most are of completely natural but decent looking men.

Women are their own worst enemy. There's more plastic on the front of Cosmo than any Playboy.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:15 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
For whatever reason, more guys hit on me the (less put together I am) !
So, at least in my experience, guys like it when I look (regular)!

No guy has ever complained to me about not wearing enough makeup, since I don't wear much.
And I get very, very good looking guys...
See? It's not complicated.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:41 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,022,934 times
I think a lot of men claim that they prefer the natural look without realizing that they really don't. The same men who say this often ogle at some of the fakest women in the media...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty