Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 01:45 AM

18,572 posts, read 18,871,871 times

Advertisements

When will men realize that their input doesnt count.. we dont DO IT for you......we do it for ourselves to feel better..as good as it gets hahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 08:23 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,840,500 times
They might not do it for men but I don't buy the idea that women who wear makeup think they are turning off men. They know it looks attractive to most people period despite obscure complaints on a message board.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:53 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,962,697 times
As a man I have to disagree. I strongly prefer bold makeup. I also love unusually colored hair.

Old 03-31-2015, 12:03 PM

17,585 posts, read 39,289,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
They might not do it for men but I don't buy the idea that women who wear makeup think they are turning off men. They know it looks attractive to most people period despite obscure complaints on a message board.
Right on! I do it for myself FIRST, but I also like looking nice for everyone else. I don't care what anyone says, I look better with my makeup on. Plus I wear nice clothes when I go out too. It makes me feel good to look good.

I have never seen so many "makeup haters" as on this particular message board, both male and female. Maybe it's just that they are more vocal? I tell you one thing, I definitely feel women look 100% better with at least SOME makeup on.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:52 PM

18,572 posts, read 18,871,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Right on! I do it for myself FIRST, but I also like looking nice for everyone else. I don't care what anyone says, I look better with my makeup on. Plus I wear nice clothes when I go out too. It makes me feel good to look good.

I have never seen so many "makeup haters" as on this particular message board, both male and female. Maybe it's just that they are more vocal? I tell you one thing, I definitely feel women look 100% better with at least SOME makeup on.
OH to be blessed with beautiful skin and sparkling eyes with a nice pout... sadly I dont . and need help.. it brighens me and my day to wear a little.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:18 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,755,499 times
Here is my co-worker who doesn't wear makeup and never has. I think she looks great for 42 years old.
Attached Thumbnails
When will women realize men prefer a natural look?-img_0863.jpg  

Old 03-31-2015, 03:00 PM

102,314 posts, read 108,503,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
OH to be blessed with beautiful skin and sparkling eyes with a nice pout... sadly I dont . and need help.. it brighens me and my day to wear a little.
I've never understood this. When did pouting become attractive? Whatever happened to smiling? Has that become passe? Smiling is no longer attractive? I can't get my mind around this. And who, exactly, decided that pouting was attractive? Was there a popular vote, or was there a government or corporate board that made that decision? The fashion industry, in all its wisdom?

Old 03-31-2015, 03:03 PM

102,314 posts, read 108,503,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Here is my co-worker who doesn't wear makeup and never has. I think she looks great for 42 years old.
Voila! Some people may need makeup to even out their skin tone, or for other reasons, but I think a lot of it is just marketing. I don't see women wearing makeup when I travel in Europe, with the possible exception of Eastern Europe, but even there, a fair number of women go makeup-free.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:29 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,216,625 times
When I think of "natural look", I think not all dolled up. I realize that most women even with a more natural look are using some sort of makeup. It's when the make-up is very visible and overdone that is unappealing to me.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:38 PM

17,585 posts, read 39,289,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
She does. But the fact is, most 40+ women DON'T look as good as her without at least a little makeup.

Bottom line, as I have said infinite # of times on this "beauty" forum - PEOPLE SHOULD DO WHAT THEY WANT. I please MYSELF first and foremost. Thank heaven for Jay F. and a few other guys on this forum who appreciate our efforts! YOU are the guys I enjoy pleasing (after pleasing myself!) Now it's time to go touch mine up, I'm going out to eat tonight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty