Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 10:31 PM

2 posts, read 1,843 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

So I have a skin care issue that hopefully someone here has some knowledge on!

I've never had great skin. I don't have acne, but I have suffered from pimples throughout my whole adolescence. I'm almost 19 now and I'm still having skin problems. Usually I have minor pimples -- mostly black heads. They're pretty frequent on my nose and forehead area. Occasionally I get a white, which I always pop because I absolutely HATE how it looks, even though I know its bad to do so.

For the most part it isn't that bad. But every few weeks, I get this awful, big red pimple on my cheek area. It's not a black head or a white head. It's huge, painful and red. And I cannot pop it. The few times I have tried, it's just results in white, clear liquid to seep and an ugly scar. It's always on the same spot on my face. Always on my left or right cheek. Any clues as to what it is and how I can get rid of it? I absolutely hate it, because it's HUGE and very, very swollen and hard to miss.

My other issue is that I tend to break out on my chest and back area, too. Like my face, it's usually blackheads or whiteheads. I've tried lots of things, but nothing seems to work. Sometimes I get those giant red bumps on my chest and back, as well. It's very frustrating because they're huge, red and ugly and I can't do anything to bring down the swelling.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had experiences with this type of "pimple" and how they were able to get rid of them?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 08:02 AM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,976 times
Do you wear makeup on a daily basis? If so, you need to make sure you are thoroughly cleansing your face at night. I first remove all my makeup with makeup remover wipes and then wash my face with a gentle cleanser to remove the rest of the dirt and oil.

Also, you could try a applying a clay mask that deeply cleans your pores. I like Freeman's Avocado and Oatmeal Clay Mask. It does a good job at cleaning out your pores and keeping your skin clear.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:14 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,100,522 times
See a dermatologist.
When I was young I had a giant pimple like that. Went to a dermatologist and he injected it with something. It was gone the next day and never came back. They can give you prescriptions to help with your lesser pimples too.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:18 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouskaty View Post
Hello everyone!

I've never had great skin. I don't have acne, but I have suffered from pimples throughout my whole adolescence. I'm almost 19 now and I'm still having skin problems. Usually I have minor pimples -- mostly black heads. They're pretty frequent on my nose and forehead area. Occasionally I get a white, which I always pop because I absolutely HATE how it looks, even though I know its bad to do so.

For the most part it isn't that bad. But every few weeks, I get this awful, big red pimple on my cheek area. It's not a black head or a white head. It's huge, painful and red. And I cannot pop it. The few times I have tried, it's just results in white, clear liquid to seep and an ugly scar. It's always on the same spot on my face. Always on my left or right cheek. Any clues as to what it is and how I can get rid of it? I absolutely hate it, because it's HUGE and very, very swollen and hard to miss.

My other issue is that I tend to break out on my chest and back area, too. Like my face, it's usually blackheads or whiteheads. I've tried lots of things, but nothing seems to work. Sometimes I get those giant red bumps on my chest and back, as well. It's very frustrating because they're huge, red and ugly and I can't do anything to bring down the swelling.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had experiences with this type of "pimple" and how they were able to get rid of them?

Thank you!

Go see a professional who is trained and knowledgeable with skin issues.
There is only so much over the counter and home remedies one can use that do not work for them.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:20 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Do you wear makeup on a daily basis? If so, you need to make sure you are thoroughly cleansing your face at night. I first remove all my makeup with makeup remover wipes and then wash my face with a gentle cleanser to remove the rest of the dirt and oil.
Do you wash your towels and pillowcases often? Do you touch your face with your hands? And frankly, if you keep getting a pimple in the same place on your face, it may be from your phone.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:19 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
It may actually be a cyst which keeps re-filling. See a dermatologist to get the sac out so it can't come back.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:46 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,605,097 times
Agree that it's probably a cyst. You can try changing your diet and see if that lessens their frequency. I get them occasionally when I eat too much wheat & sugar within a week's time. The wheat seems more problematic than the sugar, but the combo is the worst.

Also get a new mattress pad and new pillow to help reduce breakouts. And get plenty of exercise that makes you break out in a good sweat to push the gunk out of your pores and then splash on a mild toner after showering (an inexpensive one is to dilute witch hazel about 3:1 with water).

Old 03-30-2015, 06:35 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
make a compress with some apple cider vinegar and press on area ...

once a day

I had a large blackhead on my cheek,,,, it got bigger and bigger,, and a coworker said,,,i should have it checked out,,,could be cancer,,,so I got all worried , and looked at holistic treatments online,,,
and one site after another said try vinegar

and this worked after a week,,,my blackhead fell off my face ...

Old 03-31-2015, 09:41 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vall View Post
See a dermatologist.
When I was young I had a giant pimple like that. Went to a dermatologist and he injected it with something. It was gone the next day and never came back. They can give you prescriptions to help with your lesser pimples too.
They inject it with cortisol.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:02 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouskaty View Post
Hello everyone!

Thank you!
You have a form of acne. See a dermatologist to discuss treatment options.

Acne | University Health Service
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty