Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 12:53 AM

509 posts, read 555,557 times

Advertisements

Though we've been asked our opinion, I'm noting from reading the posts that there is only 1 correct answer. Anyone who doesn't say, "no problem" is closed-minded, misinformed and a bunch of other judgmental things.

This closed-minded and misinformed woman is not a fan of men in pink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 03:41 AM

30,461 posts, read 19,224,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
You mean like Mike Wilbon, the macho and intelligent ESPN sports commentator? The South Chicago native and Northwestern graduate is a snappy but not outlandish dresser and he wears pink, peach, and lavender shirts all the time, with coordinating pocket squares in his jackets. I can't imagine any man looking at him and thinking anything but, "That guy looks great in his clothes."
That shirt you posted isn't pink....maybe majenta and white stripe but not gay pink. By the way, I've never thought a man looks great in his clothes or otherwise.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:48 AM

1,320 posts, read 2,701,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
I don't care what color he wears - I'm just happy he's wearing a shirt.
I'll bet Daisy thinks the same about Onslow on those rare occasions when Onslow wears a shirt!

Old 05-16-2015, 08:35 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,776,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
... but not gay pink. ...
Hmmm, I learned something today. I never knew that COLORS could have a sexuality.

So if pink is "gay", then are there "heterosexual" colors too?

Close-mindedness at its finest.

Old 05-16-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Hmmm, I learned something today. I never knew that COLORS could have a sexuality.

So if pink is "gay", then are there "heterosexual" colors too?

Close-mindedness at its finest.
You're close-minded to my opinion....which I think most men share my opinion btw.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:10 AM

8,030 posts, read 4,713,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post

No differently than I feel about men wearing blue shirts, green shirts, orange shirts, or any other color shirts.
I agree. It's seems rather a social class thing. The more the man closely associates his identity with traditional working class masculine dress codes, the more likely he is to run from anything pink. The more likely the man is of a class position that he need not concern himself with what others think, the less likely he will have an aversion to pink. He simply wears what he likes, and looks terrific, including pink. Purple on the other hand is to be avoided by males of all classes.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
I agree. It's seems rather a social class thing. The more the man closely associates his identity with traditional working class masculine dress codes, the more likely he is to run from anything pink. The more likely the man is of a class position that he need not concern himself with what others think, the less likely he will have an aversion to pink. He simply wears what he likes, and looks terrific, including pink. Purple on the other hand is to be avoided by males of all classes.
True, I work for an Engineering Company at a construction site. If I wore pink shirt, I would here about it.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:18 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,776,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
True, I work for an Engineering Company at a construction site. If I wore pink shirt, I would here about it.
Hear.

You might HEAR good things about it.

I know several men who look great in pink.

What color someone wears does not imply they are gay, straight, bi, or anything else.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:22 PM

22,356 posts, read 29,476,635 times
Doesn't bother me. I bought an ex a light pink Polo long sleeve and it looked awesome on him.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:47 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,053,862 times
I think a lot of it is regional as well. Loads of guys wear pink around here and nobody disses 'em on it. But, they are pink Hawaiian shirts, pink board shorts, pink whatevers. They also wear purple, lime green, orange and sometimes all of those colors together. I think a lot of the world is very repressed if the color of their clothes makes that much of a difference.

We sometimes get visitors from Japan who wear these plaids with florals sort of in mis-matched colors. First time I saw a guy wearing that, I figured he'd packed for his vacation without his wife's knowledge, but then I've seen other guys (all of whom seem to be from Japan) wearing the same sort of outfit so I think that's a style there. Plaid and paisley are sort of interesting together after you get your eyeballs unscrambled.

The high school kids have taken to dyeing their hair vibrant colors. I've seen hot pink on guys as well as purple and lime green. I don't think they were homosexual since they had girls who also had vibrant hair along with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty