Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2015, 01:57 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I am 56. A very youthful 56. Frequently I am mistaken for 10 years younger. Occasionally more.

I have not had plastic surgery involving a knife or anesthesia. I have had Botox and fillers. I have had two very conservative and artistic doctors. No one notices when I have these things done. They usually think that I look good - but can't figure out why.

In the future I would like to have an eye lift. My dad did at 65, and he looked so much younger - yet it was subtle.

I was also thinking about a brow lift.

Something that I would NEVER do? Lip filler. I have never seen a person who has had this procedure who looks better. They look like trout - or duck billed platypus. And I have never seen it look natural. Besides, I don't want thick Angelina Jolie lips. I like my lips and not everyone's lips thin with age.

So - if you would have any cosmetic procedures, which ones? And when? And why?

If there are some that you would never do -what are they?
I am still giving such surgery thought. I am a youthful 58, though a bit overweight. My wife things removing the "bags" under my eyes would help my job search.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 02:03 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,467,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Yes it does. My post acknowledged that. People are usually best served by being slender. The less one weighs, the easier it is to move.

Most of us were destined for some challenges. I was born with great health genes but somewhat burdened with great height - 6'4".

I am quite sympathetic to the balloon breasted female. That is why I kindly offered my service of carrying them.

Now for some honesty that is sure to infuriate a few - the vast majority of breast reduction candidates should endeavor to shed a significant amount of weight first. A railroad crossing of scar tissue is not attractive. Many regret their decision.

If someone is a freak and is burdened with the breasts attracting most of the bodies adipose tissue - they have my sympathy and my admiration. Large breasts are reputedly hardest on the slim.

Am I a breast or leg or derriere man? Yes.

I'm just having fun here. Feeling brave...women are sometimes as much fun as a porcupine. But men are SO shallow.

I wasn't overweight when I was in my 20's and elected to have breast reduction surgery, losing weight at the time wouldn't have served any purpose other than to make me look sickly.

Here, pic a pic of me when I was in my 20's after I had breast reduction. I partly did it to relieve the pain of what the melons were causing to my back at the time; I couldn't have been any happier to be rid of them. I do admit now 30+ years later losing weight would make them smaller, but, it sure wouldn't lift them back up. LOL!
Attached Thumbnails
For those 45 and older - Plastic Surgury - or not? And why?-rosas-pics-070.jpg  

Old 07-05-2015, 02:09 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
OK those of you who are totally against plastic surgery, may be on the wrong forum.

My original question in the body of the post asked (paraphrased) "what types of plastic surgery would you have? Are there any types that you would not have? If so, why?"

So, we have already heard that two posters Womens4life and cinderslipper are opposed to plastic surgery and can't comprehend why anyone would have it. That's fine.

None of us are judging you for not having plastic surgery. So why judge us?

Most of us, in a broad sense, care for our bodies. We work out, eat good food and avoid junk, use sunscreen and lotions and potions. We like looking good.

We are our own greatest fans and harshest critics. But we tend not to care much what others do.

This describes me, and I am guessing that it does others who have had or are thinking about going under the needle or the knife.

FYI My username is not "Womens4Life." It's a made-up abbreviation for the county I live in, Williamson. I started in my local forum.

So anyway, I'm sorry some of us are raining on your Botox parade. But if you really did not care what others did, you would not care that we are here, representing those who "would not."

The fact is, you can't kick us out because your question DID say, "Which types would you not have?" We are answering.

Old 07-05-2015, 02:10 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I wasn't overweight when I was in my 20's and elected to have breast reduction surgery, losing weight at the time wouldn't have served any purpose other than to make me look sickly.

Here, pic a pic of me when I was in my 20's after I had breast reduction. I partly did it to relieve the pain of what the melons were causing to my back at the time; I couldn't have been any happier to be rid of them. I do admit now 30+ years later losing weight would make them smaller, but, it sure wouldn't lift them back up. LOL!
Man, Rosa, you have an amazing smile.

Old 07-05-2015, 02:12 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,467,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Man, Rosa, you have an amazing smile.
Thanks, that's a 30 year old smile, wish it was as bright these days.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:55 PM

50,816 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I am still giving such surgery thought. I am a youthful 58, though a bit overweight. My wife things removing the "bags" under my eyes would help my job search.

Thoughts?
I think it would make you look less tired, more alert and youthful energy-wise, while often the bags make it look like you've been sleeping on a park bench and just got up, lol. I'm sure it subconsciously makes a difference in making a first impression. I got my upper eyelids done and never regretted it, it still looks great almost 18 years later. It was probably the easiest thing I've gotten done in terms of pain and down time...I could have gone to work the next day if I had to, but with a big bang for the buck in terms of making me look younger and "brighter" for want of a better word.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:30 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,491,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

Thoughts?

I'm with your wife! Those of us who are not interested in, or can not yet retire, have a special reason for wanting to look younger - employment.

Age discrimination is very real. It's also hard to prove. Eye bags can make an otherwise vital and attractive person look older than their actual age. Because "tired" and "sleepy" are not generally good attributes for job candidates, I would explore this option now.

Also, if you feel you look good, you will project more confidence.

I'd also try to lose as much weight as possible. I'm sure that your wife wants you around as long as possible!. Best of luck!

Old 07-05-2015, 04:44 PM

625 posts, read 624,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Anyway, consider your procedures carefully. Check out some of these photos on Pinterest:

https://www.pinterest.com/mwillman/b...what-you-have/
Yeh, these pics are enough to stop me from doing ANY of strictly cosmetic plastic surgery procedure.

Besides you can lift it, tuck it and botox it, but you can NEVER fix the neck and the hands. They are always a dead giveaway for the real age.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:14 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,403,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Yeh, these pics are enough to stop me from doing ANY of strictly cosmetic plastic surgery procedure.

Besides you can lift it, tuck it and botox it, but you can NEVER fix the neck and the hands. They are always a dead giveaway for the real age.
That Pinterest link is a joke. God forbid someone post the 100s of thousands of good plastic surgery procedures that go undetected by most of the world. so many of those celebrities had procedures done decades ago. Heck Rose McGowan had her face banged up in a car accident, so I think she gets a pass and her face looks much more natural today. I don't see anything unnatural with Angelina Jolie and Gisele Bundchen's face.

If I was interested in surgery, I wouldn't be turning to Pinterest for photos. I'd be at a website such as RealSelf or the doctor's own website/before & after gallery.

Last edited by TheImportersWife; 07-05-2015 at 05:25 PM..

Old 07-05-2015, 05:21 PM

491 posts, read 402,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post

If I was interested in surgery, I wouldn't be turning to Pinterest for photos. I'd be at a website such as RealSelf or the doctor's own website/before & after gallery.
I've said it before - saying it again - RealSelf is THE go-to website for anyone considering cosmetic procedures. The good. The bad. The overbotoxed.

Nothing takes the place of in person, real-life consultations. Take your time, meet with several surgeons, and if you have questions, meet with them again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty