Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 05:28 PM

5,010 posts, read 592,987 times

Advertisements

I'm over 45....

I've had rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty (translation : nose job and upper eyelid lift).

Very subtle changes that no one else can detect.

I'm VERY happy with the results
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 10:23 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
For those who do injectables, do you see a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon?

I have a consult on Monday with a facial plastic surgeon for Botox and fillers, but a nearby derm also came highly recommended to me as well. I'm also interested in eventually doing some type of laser on my face, so I don't know if a derm may be more suited for that?

Old 07-08-2015, 10:43 AM

342 posts, read 438,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
For those who do injectables, do you see a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon?

I have a consult on Monday with a facial plastic surgeon for Botox and fillers, but a nearby derm also came highly recommended to me as well. I'm also interested in eventually doing some type of laser on my face, so I don't know if a derm may be more suited for that?
Neither..Mine are done by RN

Old 07-08-2015, 03:14 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamarin View Post
Neither..Mine are done by RN
shouldn't you start as late as possible since it only lasts about 4 months?

I am 38, if I would start now, I would have possible 40 years of Botox ahead? That doesn't sound right.

I had fat crafting - fat taken from my thighs and belly injected into my face. I paid a lot of money and don't look any different

Old 07-08-2015, 03:25 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
I would be too afraid of complications of surgery. I once took care of a woman who had a tummy tuck and it turned "bad." Infection, wouldn't heal. Let's just say it would be your worst nightmare! She would cry whenever I changed the dressing. I don't remember what happened w/ the situation, wasn't assigned to her or moved.
But, my thing is you will eventually still sag, wrinkle, etc. so you're fighting a losing battle. I have no problem w/ people who do it, though. To each his/her own.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:28 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I would be too afraid of complications of surgery. I once took care of a woman who had a tummy tuck and it turned "bad." Infection, wouldn't heal. She would just cry. I don't remember what happened, wasn't assigned to her or moved.
But, my thing is you will eventually still sag, wrinkle, etc. so you're fighting a losing battle. I have no problem w/ people who do it, though. To each her own.
This is a risk for sure. I know a woman around here died while having, I think, a tummy procedure and breast procedure. I think it was a few days later due to pulmonary embolism. From what I understand, though, she was in a really weird marriage and her husband was insistent that she get it done. I don't even think she wanted that badly but did it for him. Really sad. Three kids lost their mom.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:32 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
This is a risk for sure. I know a woman around here died while having, I think, a tummy procedure and breast procedure. I think it was a few days later due to pulmonary embolism. From what I understand, though, she was in a really weird marriage and her husband was insistent that she get it done. I don't even think she wanted that badly but did it for him. Really sad. Three kids lost their mom.

And, no matter what the docs say, believe me, they can't guarantee results. Or, that you won't get a complications such as a lung clot like this poor soul did, or infection or something else. I've seen too much. And, I don't trust doctors much so I would be a poor candidate!

Old 07-08-2015, 03:39 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
And, no matter what the docs say, believe me, they can't guarantee results. Or, that you won't get a complications such as a lung clot like this poor soul did, or infection or something else. I've seen too much. And, I don't trust doctors much so I would be a poor candidate!
Yeah, and you sign a consent acknowledging all of that. I know when I had to have my kidney stones surgically removed the risk of death was there. It was my first time under anesthesia and very scary.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:55 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

I am 38, if I would start now, I would have possible 40 years of Botox ahead? That doesn't sound right.

I had fat crafting - fat taken from my thighs and belly injected into my face. I paid a lot of money and don't look any different
Depends on what you're having done and the idea is to start before its too difficult to reverse/maintain.

When did you have the fat crafting done?

Old 07-08-2015, 03:56 PM

342 posts, read 438,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

Well, at 40, (10 years ago), I kind of started wondering if I should start doing Botox and asked about it in my dermatologist office. RN there told me that she "does not think I need Botox". I listen to her and dropped the idea of doing it for a few years. Close to 45 I started dislike my forehead. I noticed those wrinkles (wings) above the ends of my eyebrows are more pronounced, and I tried watch myself do not raise eyebrows and do not wrinkle my forehead...It was hard to do. I figured then it was time for Botox...
You are just 38, so you might not need start it now... It all depends on how you feel about your face and if your facial expressions create some extensive wrinkling that leads to static deep wrinkles that you will not get rid with Botox later.... So Botox for me it is like preventive thing from deep, set- into- skin wrinkles.
As of your injections from your thighs to face - ask for your money back. If you did not get the result you should get your money back. My girlfriend had upper lip injections in MedSpa done without a noticeable result, and it was like a few hundred of dollars... So she went back, they did not want to give her money back first, but she insisted and they returned all money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty