Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 08:04 PM

12,776 posts, read 14,987,827 times

Advertisements

Now I've tried a TON of foundations in my day, but none of them seem to have the combination of exactly what I want:

- VERY full coverage (but not heavy-feeling)
- VERY matte
- large variety of shades w/ golden/yellow undertones...I don't mind mixing 2 colors, but hopefully not
- VERY long-lasting/long wear

The closest I've seemed to be able to find to the above were:

- Becca's Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme - BUT, it's not that matte & my closest shade's a little dark...may be the closest so far, but I'm still looking

- MUFE's Mat Velvet foundation - BUT, wish it were fuller coverage

- Estee Lauder Double Wear - Wore for yrs, had to mix 2 colors, BUT, wish it was fuller coverage

- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H Makeup - BUT, wish it was fuller coverage

- Kat Von D Lock-it Tatoo foundation - BUT, shade not quite right

- Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer - BUT, not full enough & shade's either bit too dark or not enough yellow in it

As you can see, there's always something with all these foundations. PLEASE help me find my holy grail foundation!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 08:38 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Try DermaBlend. A friend of mine uses it to cover a port wine stain birthmark; it covers very well, but isn't too heavy.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:44 PM

607 posts, read 602,269 times
Yves St. Laurent Touche Eclat Foundation is amazing. I love it. There are a lot of shades. I have combination skin, btw. It has a lot of great reviews. My sister uses their newest foundation, too, and she raves about it. Yves Saint Laurent Teint Touche Eclat Foundation reviews, photos, ingredients - Makeupalley

Old 07-20-2015, 05:46 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Now I've tried a TON of foundations in my day, but none of them seem to have the combination of exactly what I want:

- VERY full coverage (but not heavy-feeling)
- VERY matte
- large variety of shades w/ golden/yellow undertones...I don't mind mixing 2 colors, but hopefully not
- VERY long-lasting/long wear
Sorry, I saw this, and felt a rant coming on.

Why are all the foundations beigey/gold? My complexion has pink/reddish undertones. I haven't been able to find any pinkish-toned foundation anywhere! What gives? How many Europeans have beige or gold skin, seriously?! WTH?

/rant back to the OP's topic.

Old 07-20-2015, 06:06 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Why are all the foundations beigey/gold? My complexion has pink/reddish undertones. I haven't been able to find any pinkish-toned foundation anywhere! What gives? How many Europeans have beige or gold skin, seriously?! WTH?

I think people usually want to cover the pink/reddish tones. That's the only reason I use foundation, to cover my red face.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:49 PM

12,776 posts, read 14,987,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Try DermaBlend. A friend of mine uses it to cover a port wine stain birthmark; it covers very well, but isn't too heavy.
Now this is one brand I've never tried, but thought about it. The range of shades didn't seem like quite enough for me to be a fit for though...didn't seem golden enough...that's what prevented me from trying it, but maybe I will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanychantel View Post
Yves St. Laurent Touche Eclat Foundation is amazing. I love it. There are a lot of shades. I have combination skin, btw. It has a lot of great reviews. My sister uses their newest foundation, too, and she raves about it. Yves Saint Laurent Teint Touche Eclat Foundation reviews, photos, ingredients - Makeupalley
Didn't quite want to pay $60 a bottle, but I'll see. The most I've paid is $45 & that's pricey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Uh, I'm not Caucasian/European & to just assume that I am, well, isn't good, but anyway...my particular skin tone is very golden/yellow. Clinique is what you should try if you haven't already...it's always been too pink for me.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:43 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth4truth View Post
sorry, i saw this, and felt a rant coming on.

Why are all the foundations beigey/gold? My complexion has pink/reddish undertones. I haven't been able to find any pinkish-toned foundation anywhere! What gives? How many europeans have beige or gold skin, seriously?! Wth?

/rant back to the op's topic.
+1.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:01 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,712,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I love DermaBlend & thought of it as I read this thread. It gives the full coverage that no one foundation has provided, it can be little too full but it is easy to apply and amazing coverage. They have decent selection of shade. I am tan/brown and I was able to find something.

The other option is to combine a concealer and medium coverage foundation. When I went for my makeup trial during my wedding, the girl mixed MUFE's medium coverage foundation with concealer and it gave full coverage.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:16 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:

Uh, I'm not Caucasian/European & to just assume that I am, well, isn't good, but anyway...my particular skin tone is very golden/yellow. Clinique is what you should try if you haven't already...it's always been too pink for me.
OP, I wasn't assuming anything about you. Mentioning foundation colors just triggered a thing I've had about foundation for quite awhile. Sorry to interrupt or take the thread off-topic, but I thought that maybe, since the thread title was about Foundation, it wouldn't be too off-topic, and someone might have a helpful suggestion.

Back to you, OP. Carry on. Pardon the digression.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:23 PM

607 posts, read 602,269 times
Quote:
Didn't quite want to pay $60 a bottle, but I'll see. The most I've paid is $45 & that's pricey.

Yeah, it's pricey, but it's worth it to me... *shrug*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty