Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 07:53 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times

Advertisements

I rarely can these days.

We are living in an age of deception. Between these: plastic surgery, weight gain and loss, hair coloring, bacterial toxins, skin peels, contraptions for the body in the form of shapers, girdles, cinchers, etc., etc., I can't figure out the ages of others easily.

I think there should be a machine created that detects all of the phony parts/crap on and/or in a body. Maybe an x-ray machine capable of stripping all of it away to give us a true picture of what the real person is/was like before the deception.

I really do appreciate an unaltered/filtered human being. Perfectly imperfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 09:36 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,986 times
I always assume everyone is older than I am because I'm immature.
But I'm usually wrong! I try not to even bother guessing at this point because I'm so wrong and I don't want to offend people by saying, "Hey, glad they let you outta the rest home for the night!" and then they inform me that they're only 32 years old.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:42 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,939 times
Nope, I'm terrible at it. When they do tell me their real age and they look much younger than I thought they were, I'll reply with a flattering comment. If they don't, then , and then to myself.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:50 AM

722 posts, read 1,329,100 times
yes, Im good at guessing ages, especially by seeing them in person, not just from photos

when people are older they also move , talk, walk , posture, etc is different than a younger person.

or show signs of aging, less muscle tone, sagging skin, colored hair , skin tone, etc, veins in arms / hands

colored hair is very easy to spot, because it looks painted, natural hair color has some translucent or the sun shines through it more because it's natural, dyed hair is like it's been painted, and sometimes you can spot the white hairs growing out at the roots if they havent colored their hair recently.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:15 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,486,386 times
I'm very good at it.

Unfortunately, a lot of people who think they look young for their age seem disappointed when I guess their age accurately. You should see their faces go from smiling and confident to unsmiling and puzzled. lol

If someone seems very insecure, to avoid trouble, I just don't say anything.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:07 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
I suck at it, which is why I always ended up approaching women older than me .

Old 09-17-2015, 11:35 PM

422 posts, read 336,401 times
Just because a someone has colored hair with noticeable grey roots, doesn't mean they are old. I had noticeable grey hair when I was 25.... The women premTurely grey in our family....luckily, we dint get a lot of wrinkles.

I never guess age these days, everyone is young at heart, even if 18 or 80.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:48 AM

109 posts, read 91,148 times
I am good at guessing someone's ages but only in my country. I hardly guess foreigners's ages. the difference of skin, hair and clothes style makes me wonder.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:53 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,369,018 times
I suck at this. There are people who are determined to become prematurely geriatric, and who look and act like it. Then there are all the people who refuse to "graduate" high school--at least mentally--ever! It makes it so difficult to guess anyone's actual age. I'm really bad at it. It's a dangerous topic, so knowing how bad I am at guessing, I don't go there unless I can ask some vague, probing questions first to get an idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty