Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 04:45 PM

7,152 posts, read 4,873,634 times

Advertisements

My favorite look for a man, causally, is a well fitting pair of jeans, a white tee shirt, and bare feet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 05:25 PM

251 posts, read 247,478 times
Ok, I'll give some specifics.

Agree about men in pink, there is a shade of pink that is flattering to every skin tone, it looks great.

Well tailored, applies to anything. Something can be a little ratty, i.e.: a bottom cuff of jeans, but go too far and it can look unkept or like a tortured look, i.e.: overly distressed jeans = trying way too hard. Style should look easy, and reflect your personality. Which brings me to quality. Clothing plastered with F's, G's and swooshes are no guarantee of quality. I love it when I see a man in an exquisitely tailored dress shirt, and I actually cannot tell who made it. Add on to that: cufflinks, I love. Classic, no dice or cartoon animals, your monogram or family crest, oh yes please.

Socks. Yeah, that may sound trivial, but I will notice if you are wearing pilled, ratty and probably slightly unmatched in color tones of socks. They represent attention to detail, and if a man can't wear nice socks, what else does he ignore? Changing the oil in his car? Wife's birthday? Get yourself some nice socks, or get your girlfriend to buy them for you! Of course your socks go into shoes of quality, of a style that represents you. If your trousers have belt loops, then a belt must be worn. I'm a sucker for suspenders too, as long as they are not the cheesy metal clip on kind.

Polyester: just say no. Natural fibers please.

The tip of the iceberg. Agree with mjl post above, I will always notice the guy who is a sharp dresser over a dude in lame khaki shorts and a "graphic" tee.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:28 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,359,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down in a Hole View Post
I was thinking about women and what they wear and there are a lot of things that they have that I think is cute, and make a woman look nice, but what do women like for guys to wear? I feel like men's fashion is soooo boring! A woman can easily put together a nice outfit that will draw someone's attention, but what about men? Do they have that ability? Or is men's fashion to stale and boring for it? I don't really have anything that I know that just "stands out" so just looking for some opinions here.
Personally Mr. CSD wearing nothing but his socks (on his feet) works well.......

Old 10-10-2015, 07:21 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,216,419 times
Speedo bathing suits - the bikini type. Especially the ones over 40 with a bit of a belly. Talk about sexy!

Old 10-10-2015, 07:39 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,560,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Personally Mr. CSD wearing nothing but his socks (on his feet) works well.......
What pink ones?

Old 10-10-2015, 07:45 PM

6,749 posts, read 4,440,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
And florals! Or tropical prints. I've seen these popping up in men's clothing. I think they look great on guys.
This what a woman would want her guy to wear to mark her territory. Another woman see's this and says. lord he's taken!

Old 10-10-2015, 09:29 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,818,028 times
Shoes. Wear nice leather shoes and keep them polished - not running shoes or the latest Nike basketball issue.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:49 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,908,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
This what a woman would want her guy to wear to mark her territory. Another woman see's this and says. lord he's taken!

That's why I wear white velcro shoes to the club. Nothing more attractive than a taken man

Old 10-11-2015, 05:34 AM

6,404 posts, read 6,304,742 times
Pink and pastels give you that "I'm secure in my sexually and very confident in general" vibe. That is sexy.

Black is classy and conveys a sense of self-control and power.

Nudes and greys say, "i don't care about fashion and am not a passionate person. Please don't look at me." I hate this look. I like visual stimulation!

Old 10-11-2015, 05:40 AM

6,404 posts, read 6,304,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
That's why I wear white velcro shoes to the club. Nothing more attractive than a taken man
Having worked a lot with "special adults," i see velcro shoes and immediately think "that person must be retarded!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty