Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 11:53 AM

4,366 posts, read 4,581,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
LOL!! Well, why do you think she is the most popular and beloved meteorologist in all of Mexico? Her station is the highest rated for a reason.

I dont think its "trashy" or "trampy" at all. She's beautiful. Amazing that when a sexy curvy girl wears form fitting clothes people think she's "trashy/trampy" but when an obese person wears fitting clothes they say she's "rocking it" or "working it".

Someone gave me rep points for my post with the vids and said "she is sl*tty looking and not at all to be taken seriously". This rep came at about the same time that Hedgehog_mom and Kmb501 posted here.

I didn't say anything... My focus was on the other dress, not the tunic the other woman was wearing, but the dress on Amazon for around $25. I was just wondering if there was a way for me to fit into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 12:11 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
Quote:
Someone gave me rep points for my post with the vids and said "she is sl*tty looking and not at all to be taken seriously". This rep came at about the same time that Hedgehog_mom and Kmb501 posted here.
Wasn't me...those dresses would be unsuitable for a meteorologist on an English-language channel in the US, but TV in Mexico is not the same. I'm not in the habit of leaving anonymous comments either.

Old 11-27-2015, 12:14 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
LOL!! Well, why do you think she is the most popular and beloved meteorologist in all of Mexico? Her station is the highest rated for a reason.

I dont think its "trashy" or "trampy" at all. She's beautiful. Amazing that when a sexy curvy girl wears form fitting clothes people think she's "trashy/trampy" but when an obese person wears fitting clothes they say she's "rocking it" or "working it".

It is too short for "work." Fine for a night out at a club.

She is not "beloved" for being an awesome meteorologist. She is "beloved" for being eye candy and wearing short dresses that show off her curves. I hope she finds validation for her none physical attributes elsewhere so she can keep her confidences and self-worth as she ages!

Old 11-27-2015, 12:24 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,756,982 times
Quote:
Here are a few more examples of her style. I really like the horizontal stripes the best though
I never understood the appeal of female meteorologists in such skimpy dresses. Those are the types of dresses you wear to a club. Is it that men won't watch the weather forecast unless they see a woman in a barely-there dress? I don't understand it.

Old 11-27-2015, 12:45 PM

4,366 posts, read 4,581,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
I never understood the appeal of female meteorologists in such skimpy dresses. Those are the types of dresses you wear to a club. Is it that men won't watch the weather forecast unless they see a woman in a barely-there dress? I don't understand it.

I don't, either. I don't look at those kinds of things, but what kind of message is that sending to everyone about what a woman has to do, and look like, to succeed on TV? Do the producers think most of their audience is sitting in some bar somewhere flipping channels?

Old 11-27-2015, 03:36 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Roses View Post
Not stylish. More like Jessica Rabbit. But I see why male viewers think it's the bomb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I can't believe a station would even let a person wear such tacky dresses. "Stylish"? LOL! These are trampy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Wasn't me...those dresses would be unsuitable for a meteorologist on an English-language channel in the US, but TV in Mexico is not the same. I'm not in the habit of leaving anonymous comments either.
Perhaps, but can you really say we are that much further behind? I think the cuter the woman is, the better chance she has of making it in TV in this country. They may not be as blatant about as Mexico is, as I have no idea what her qualifications are, but she'd probably have a better chance of getting a job here where she wants in a more suitable outfit than an a not so attractive woman would.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:17 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,031,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It is too short for "work." Fine for a night out at a club.

She is not "beloved" for being an awesome meteorologist. She is "beloved" for being eye candy and wearing short dresses that show off her curves. I hope she finds validation for her none physical attributes elsewhere so she can keep her confidences and self-worth as she ages!
Most television programs airing in Mexico are unfortunately geared to a low information audience. So when you ask if it's necessary for the weather report to be given by scantily clad women, it is. Sex,food, work and family dominate everything. Nobody cares about weather patterns and science. Just **** and a$$ letting them know if it's going to rain on their way to work. I don't think I've ever seen a woman on Univision that didn't dress in that manner. Grandma's and maids are about it. It' also ironic that all of the females are light skin with European features,I digress..... Low brow comedy and machismo dominate that market.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:53 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
I love the red jacket that the blond woman is wearing.

Too bad that the author of the 'hate letter' didn't sign her/his name to it - she/he missed the opportunity for 15 minutes of REAL fame!

The newscaster must not have had any other real news if they had to feel the need to present that garbage.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:50 PM

887 posts, read 1,215,784 times
Im kinda liking this little red dress that Yanet Garcia is rocking. She's one of the better dressed meteorologists I've seen in terms of style.

Not complaining but can pandering be any more obvious than this?

Old 11-27-2015, 10:14 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:

Ah yes...Mexico. I've heard about the meteorologists there and how they typically dress. Definitely not going for style sweetie. That was my point. And I never stated that the PERSON was trampy, simply the clothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty