Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 09:09 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times

Advertisements

I need some advice. I have hyperpigmentation scars from acne. My skin is a caramel color. I don't have a big problem with acne since I started using Proactiv + but when that time of month comes, I get a few pimples and they leave scars after. So month after month, they are starting to collect.

I've went to the doctor and they gave me antibiotics.

I've tried Vitamin C and D. I've used Glycolic and hyaluronic acid with little help.

I realize I may have to go to a spa and get a few treatments but they can get expensive because they require you to come at least 5-10 treatments.

Anything else I can try?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 09:23 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Dark spots take time to fade. How long have you been doing those treatments?

I have all sorts of different versions of hyperpigmentation. When it was the easier ones like acne (and not the horrible hormonal ones I have now), it took about 3 months of using a brightening cleanser, serum and moisturizer daily. And 2x a week microdermabrasion. I had good success with the products in the boots botanical line at target. I used all products from there.

Now the spots I have are tougher and taking longer. I have been using high dose vitamin c daily, a brightening overnight mask 2x a week from Sephora. And a serum in the am. My skin had been fighting dryness so I am not treating with a cleanser.

Also make sure you use sunscreen daily. And be patient. You can also look for one of those dark spot corrector treatments. It is a spot treatment. Garnier has one. Many years ago their skin renew like worked well. You need a month or so of targeted treatment to see changes.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:31 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times
I never had this problem on my face but I know my mother used to use ambi fade cream on her dark spots. It seemed to help. Unfortunately I don't know if it will completely rid you of dark spots but it will minimize them. With time they will fade, but I know that's helpful right now. Make an appointment with a dermatologist that specializes in black skin problems/care and see if they have products that can help.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:34 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
Thanks. I've been using different ones non stop for about 2 years.

Most of the vitamin and acids, I've used about 2-3 months.

I don't want to keep wasting money on things that aren't working because while I'm trying to get rid of them more reappear.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:31 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,053 times
I get hormonal breakouts. Two supplements have helped my skin out a lot and my pms symptoms: DIM and evening primrose oil.

Paula Begoun sells products to help fade scars/spots if you want to try a topical.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:29 PM

645 posts, read 750,592 times
try lemon juice from real lemons not the lemon juice in a container......I found a few of those suddenly on the side of my cheek a few months ago most likely from being in the sun to much due to being an outdoor runner....im also caramel complection.....I use lemon juice twice a day and have seen a big difference...I also have been using murad skin products..not sure about them yet cause I have only been using it for about a month...but for sure the lemon juice has been working..limit sun exposure( I luv being in the sun so that's hard for me but try to wear baseball caps if im in the sun for a long time).. and use a moisturizer with sunscreen..the bad thing about brown spots is they take awhile to fade..if anything just wear makeup to cover them...

Old 01-18-2016, 07:53 AM

466 posts, read 581,531 times
My Indian friends have told me about lemon juice but I haven't tried it.

My skin color is olive.

I've used Monsia Skincare since December 2014 and one of the ingredients in this product line is hyaluronic acid in the toner and day & night moisturizer. My daughter was visiting last Easter and she is convinced that my age spot has faded by half. When I was last on their website I noticed that they also sell a skin lightening cream.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:50 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Glycolic acid should work well over time, as well as hydraquinone (sp?) from the dermatoligis. What strength is the acid?

I use Tri-Luma (hydroquinone, Retin A, and ?).

It takes FOREVER to fade sun spots, a little less for acne spots.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-22-2016, 09:28 AM

466 posts, read 581,531 times
I now use fresh lemon juice after my Monsia cleanser & toner in the evening before bed and it does seem to be fading faster. I am careful to rinse my face thoroughly in the morning and religiously apply sunscreen with SPF30 then day moisturizer with SPF15 before going outside.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:31 AM

140 posts, read 143,217 times
Glycolic acid, kojic acid, lactic acid, Vitamin C. Wear sunscreen to keep the scars from darkening.

You can get microdermabrasion from an esthetician, that will help fade scars and hyperpigmentation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty