Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 06:17 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,680 times

Advertisements

Maybe they do look freaky but do you really think you'd feel great about a high profile personality/celebrity who did nothing about their look as they got older? I was reading an article on Madonna the other day and noticed she looks much better than she did a few years ago. Surgery and botox has worked for her, period. Even Hillary Clinton has had a nip/tuck. I know plastic surgery isn't currently considered completely healthy but my feeling is it will be eventually. It isn't dishonest to want to look younger. It's realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
They look like a freak show. Give me honestly earned wrinkles anyday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 06:54 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,106,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
Maybe they do look freaky but do you really think you'd feel great about a high profile personality/celebrity who did nothing about their look as they got older? I was reading an article on Madonna the other day and noticed she looks much better than she did a few years ago. Surgery and botox has worked for her, period. Even Hillary Clinton has had a nip/tuck. I know plastic surgery isn't currently considered completely healthy but my feeling is it will be eventually. It isn't dishonest to want to look younger. It's realistic.

I certainly have a lot more respect for the ones (not many) who haven't gone to such extremes. Most of these ladies don't look younger like I said before. They look non-human. And their desperation really shows.
I saw Jane Fonda not too long ago. Now there is a woman that looks fantastic. I am sure she has had lots of cosmetic procedures done, but it isn't so blatantly obvious. She still has a lot of lines. Her face isn't swollen and enlarged and her lips aren't looking like a cartoon from a Mad magazine.

Just my opinion.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:44 AM

8,046 posts, read 10,638,176 times
First of all, men should never have cosmetic surgery. Robert Blake, Burt Reynolds, Kenny Rogers, Bruce Jenner, all are perfect examples of that. Burt Reynolds now looks like the corpse from the movie "Weekend at Bernie's". And poor Kenny Rogers, he can still sing, and has a great history as a performer - now all he will be remembered for is the plastic surgery he had, he's become the butt of jokes. Sean Connery, Harrison Ford, they're aging and looking great, wrinkles or not!

The best example of good "work" I ever saw was Roseanne Barr. She did look a whole lot better after whatever procedures she had done while her show "Roseanne" was still on the air. Not sure what she looks in recent years, though. And I think Susan Sarandon's had a little work, but she looks great, just "refreshed" or something.

My mother had a face lift when she was in her early 40's after losing a lot of weight. She never had anything else done since then, and still looks terriffic today at 70. It helped her self-esteem, and that's a positive outcome.

The problem is these people don't know when to quit, or go to such an extreme. Nothing wrong with wanting to get rid of some of the obvious (gray hair, dark circles or undereye bags, yellow teeth), but you just can't look like your 20 year old self when your 60! That's what's creepy!

It's a little hard for everyone to accept aging - especially so for those who were once prized, identified, and revered for their looks.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:07 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
I think some of them really go overboard. I remember seeing this tall blonde young gal on a daytime talk show (can't remember her name), she is less than 35 though and has already had over a hundred procedures and it's getting to the point that the docs are refusing to work on her. Anyway, definitely there are girls who go way too far and men too. I think you either have good genes and will age well or you don't. a lot of woman are worried about aging gracefully and I think maybe deep down inside there isn't some kind of esteem issues. Then there are those who look "ok" but have money and say why not? If I had the money, I'd at least have one procedure for sure but I can't so I'm not worried about it LOL

Old 06-02-2008, 08:22 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,133,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream View Post
So sad. Jocelyn Wildenstein -
Before: (sorry so big)

After:

It's one thing to get 'refreshed' but they sure do go overboard. It must be a psychological affliction - they think they look better. I guess they just don't see how disfigured they've actually become.
Good grief! In the first picture she looks nice. The second one reminds me of a character in the Adams Family...

Old 06-02-2008, 08:28 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,133,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH1 View Post
That made me laugh

I think it's so sad when women who are really pretty anyway just make a total mess of their face by going one step too far. Has anyone heard of Leslie Ash? She had her lips done and turned into a duck overnight. She used to be gorgeous - why??

I can't view this link but it might work: Awful Plastic Surgery: Leslie Ash (broken link)

I'm kind of addicted to Extreme Makeover in a weird sort of way, but I'm sometimes quite scared by the way they turn out all the men looking identical, it's like they take away the original guy and bring out one off their production line. They all have the same hair, they all end up with this little dimple in their chin, they all have the same sized teeth... And some of the women - they give them these MASSIVE teeth! I just watch it for the look on the families' faces though, so sometimes I just watch the end
I checked out your site and noticed (in my opinion at least!) that Catherine Zeta Jones looked very nice.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:23 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
Agelina jolies lips scare me, I wonder if they hurt, they look like there about to burst wide open.
Those are her lips. You can see them in her baby and growing-up pictures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty