Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 07:46 PM

31 posts, read 18,996 times

Advertisements

Hi,
No, I prefer to go salon for threading. I can do threading, but never do mine.
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 07:59 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I tried threading once. I'm not used to it and sneezed so much we had to stop. I had a facial once that had the same effect so maybe it's just me.
I've never tried threading, but I sneeze like crazy whenever I'm plucking my eyebrows. If threading has the same effect, I don't think I'll try it.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:34 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
I groom them myself. All I do is pluck obvious strays. I don't thin them or alter the shape at all. Never have. I was a teen/college student in the 90s when all the girls were plucking their brows to oblivion, and I never did. So many of my peers have permanently thinned brows, now, from that.

Old 05-26-2016, 04:40 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
I do it myself. I have very thick eyebrows that merge into that dreaded unibrow in the center, and it would cost me a fortune to keep going to a professional. I have a very simple and effective system. First I use an eyebrow razor with the unfortunate name Tinkle. Those are very cheap to purchase online. I follow with trimming my overgrown upper stragglers with scissors.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:33 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,263,308 times
I get mine threaded. I only pay $10.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:38 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,358,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I tried threading once. I'm not used to it and sneezed so much we had to stop. I had a facial once that had the same effect so maybe it's just me.
When I tweeze, I find a few spots here and there that definitely set off a sneeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I groom them myself. All I do is pluck obvious strays. I don't thin them or alter the shape at all. Never have. I was a teen/college student in the 90s when all the girls were plucking their brows to oblivion, and I never did. So many of my peers have permanently thinned brows, now, from that.
My brows are probably the only facial feature I like of mine. I am very lucky in that they pretty much grew in perfectly and kind of shaped already for my face. I don't have very thick brows. All I have ever done is plucked the stragglers here and there.

My cousin also over plucked and they looked so off. They were too short.

For some reason, I have had multiple men over 70 tell me I have nice eyebrows. Weird.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:50 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,953,477 times
I've always done mine. While mine have thinned somewhat with age, it's the fact that they've grayed that's annoying. I really should dye them. If I don't use eye pencil (I use Hourglass Arch in "Ash") I look like I have no brows.

Old 05-27-2016, 07:00 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,279,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
I've always done mine. While mine have thinned somewhat with age, it's the fact that they've grayed that's annoying. I really should dye them. If I don't use eye pencil (I use Hourglass Arch in "Ash") I look like I have no brows.
My brows naturally have an easy shape to maintain. I do the shaping myself. I've noticed they have a few silver hairs in them that give them an ashy dull look.

Do you color your hair? If so have your stylist color you brows too. I have mine colored every other hair color. Makes a big difference.

Old 05-27-2016, 12:54 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,953,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post
My brows naturally have an easy shape to maintain. I do the shaping myself. I've noticed they have a few silver hairs in them that give them an ashy dull look.

Do you color your hair? If so have your stylist color you brows too. I have mine colored every other hair color. Makes a big difference.
I'm a silver goddess. . I gave up hair color a few years ago. But I might see about getting my brows done. Thanks!

Old 06-28-2016, 01:23 PM

33 posts, read 98,128 times
I have a decent brow shape, but I have tweezed my own for the last 12 years. I also use either L'Oreal Brow Stylist Define , NYX Micro Brow Pencil or Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz to give then a more refined look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty