Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 08:05 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,916,687 times

Advertisements

I've preferred men that are intentionally bald since my teen years. Maybe before. But I don't like balding. Some people who at balding try to make it look like they have more hair which gives off an insecure impression. And that is what the turn off is. You gotta "own it." Whatever hair you have.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:19 AM

17,552 posts, read 39,186,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I've preferred men that are intentionally bald since my teen years. Maybe before. But I don't like balding. Some people who at balding try to make it look like they have more hair which gives off an insecure impression. And that is what the turn off is. You gotta "own it." Whatever hair you have.
Jade speaks the truth ^^^. I agree!.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:25 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,635,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post

Making a big deal of hair loss seems awfully silly to me. I have always felt that bald men have superior personalities.
How would this even be correlated?

Old 06-03-2016, 09:35 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,972,666 times
Consider a toupee if baldness is bothering you. I am certain that William Shatner/Captain Kirk has successfully worn a toupee for several decades. There is a web site (it is creepy) that is dedicated to Shatners toupee history,

Is it any different than the myriad of products that tens of millions use to alter/enhance their appearance:
steroids
implants
cosmetic surgery
plentiful make up
waist tighteners
heel lifts
sock in the pants
stuffed bra
hair dyes/extensions
wigs
artistic contacts

Old 06-03-2016, 09:54 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,354,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
I never understood why men get all freaked out over this...why not just shave your head when you go bald? women have to deal with way more crap.. men should be glad that's all they have to worry about...that and getting a beer belly.....big woop!

Just stop. This isn't, you know, about you. Amazing I know, but true.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:57 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,354,012 times
Regarding the ad, it was mildly humorous in a gentle way. I'm bald and I can't find anything offensive about it.

Bald men are often the butt of jokes in various media,but no more than other noticeable traits many people exhibit are joked about.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:58 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,991,790 times
I am bald. I will not allow anyone to "shame" me because of it.
I keep my remaining hair cut short.
SHAVE my head? What on Earth for? I wear a full beard because I hate to shave. Why the hell would I want to shave any other part of my body? THAT would be stupid!
As for you hairy guys, I can "comb" my hair with a wet washcloth. Can you?

I am convinced that there is some part of the human mentality that NEEDS someone to discriminate against. Since one can no longer discriminate for racial or ethnic reasons, discrimination against bald people, fat people, etc. is becoming more prevalent. We all seem to have an inherent NEED to be able to say "I am BETTER than you, I am hairier, skinnier, have less body hair, have more body hair, am taller, am shorter, etc."
Such is life...

Old 06-03-2016, 10:24 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,214,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm1976 View Post
I was watching television yesterday and saw the commercial below.
Would a commercial mocking an overweight woman etc similar to the one below ever be allowed to air?
Of course not and there would likely be several complaints if it did.
So in anyone's opinion, why is it still open season on bald men when a man can't control losing hair while overweight people etc can control their weight unless they have a thyroid problem?
It doesn't make much sense to me.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/AS2E/ace-har...ttern-baldness
I agree with you.

But there is an irony to the ad. All those hair restoring scams tell you that your hair is going to grow back "nice and thick." And after the clear reference to pattern baldness, when the salesman said the same thing my first thought: Darned right, just like the hair restoring scams, Ace!

Old 06-03-2016, 10:27 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,571,868 times
Men as a whole are open game for being the bu++ of a joke. Have you had the misfortune of watching a disney channel or nickelodeon "kids" show? Not only are adults regularly lambasted, but the "father" is portrayed as the dumba22 of the fam.

Wonder who's pushing this stuff?

Old 06-03-2016, 10:41 AM

28,690 posts, read 18,834,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
Men as a whole are open game for being the bu++ of a joke. Have you had the misfortune of watching a disney channel or nickelodeon "kids" show? Not only are adults regularly lambasted, but the "father" is portrayed as the dumba22 of the fam.

Wonder who's pushing this stuff?
That's pretty darned old. That was happening 'way back in the early 60s and more mildly even in the late 50s. Television shows in the late 50s portrayed most fathers as "kind but befuddled." By the early 60s fathers were portrayed as devious, selfish, and lazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty