Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 02:22 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylexie View Post
cute.....you don't make me ill, but, i will only jump you if everybody else turns me down and i'm super in need.
lol!!!

Old 07-10-2016, 02:38 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladylexie View Post
Cute.....you don't make me ill, but, I will only jump you if everybody else turns me down and I'm super in need.
I am somewhere here. lol If I had to generalize.

Cute = You're decent-looking, maybe have an innocent look about you. But not beautiful, hot, or sexy. Nothing to write home, or get excited, about.

But it's really subjective. Some like the cute girl next door type and it makes them crazy. So cute is a compliment. Others go for the more typical hot sexy type. So "cute" may mean what's stated above if they say it.

So really, it's one of those things where it depends on the one saying it. But generally, I don't see being called "cute" as anything to be happy or excited about.

Last edited by HappyRain; 07-10-2016 at 02:54 PM..

Old 07-10-2016, 02:47 PM

15,220 posts, read 10,318,759 times
I'm 61 and have been called "cute" my whole life. It might be because I am petite and have a very small frame, small face and large eyes but at my age I'm thrilled to still be called "cute".

Old 07-10-2016, 02:58 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I'm 61 and have been called "cute" my whole life. It might be because I am petite and have a very small frame, small face and large eyes but at my age I'm thrilled to still be called "cute".
That's the main thing ...... If YOU take it as a compliment then it's all good

Old 07-10-2016, 04:41 PM

564 posts, read 449,067 times
Cute, handsome, those qualities often fade to "so what?" after the first serious argument. Better to look a tad deeper after the first few dates.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:47 PM

81 posts, read 88,597 times
I'm not cute!!!! My dog is cute though. I put a pic of myself in my profile and I can put a pic of my dog in my profile if requested so anybody can understand the difference.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:01 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladylexie View Post
I'm not cute!!!! My dog is cute though. I put a pic of myself in my profile and I can put a pic of my dog in my profile if requested so anybody can understand the difference.
here's the issues when it comes to words and flattery,,

what "is " acceptable at the time,,,if a person gives a compliment??

lets say we just met,,,, and had a drink,,,we have a mutual friend...we hit it off pretty good....

the mutual friend calls me and says "what do you think"??

well,,i may say she is a cutie,,,because I cannot be honest,,,i cant tell this woman wow!! what a rack on this woman! id love to have some fun with her ",,,cause id sound like a pig..

so the words pretty, cute, desirable, beautiful,,,, all come to mind and are "polite" words.

Ive always thought cute was a compliment ....its similar to pretty .

Old 07-10-2016, 10:56 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
i was dating a cute lol girl many years ago and she said something to me that stuck with me 'for as long as i live' it was one of the smartest things anyone said, she wasn't saying it about me, but we were talking about attractive people and she said "hot people are hotter when they act like they don't know it'.

i don't know what this has to do with the op's question, but i thought i'd toss this in there.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:04 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
[quote=bewitchyou;44703242]Has anyone been tired of being called 'cute', or basic or average? What does all of that mean anyway?

And I notice this a lot, whenever i get called cute by everyday people they look at me without seeing me (as if they are from a distance at me) if that makes sense, and if a guy calls me cute, he does that thing where he looks at me calls me cute, then looks away with a smile on his face but then doesn't do much to acknowledge me again? (which is weird but i don't care), and it's like i'm always being left hanging with 'am i ever going to be called anything else!?'..

Quote:
grrr! I mean, i get told im beautiful and pretty also,
So you get called beautiful. And pretty. Which is what you want. So...what's the effing problem?

Quote:
but the word 'cute' is the ringleader here.
Oh, poor you. At least you are cute. Imagine being mistaken for a guy. Sweet Prancing Jesus. Count your blessings.

Quote:
Is cute some covert word for females who have decent enough looks to improve on (via makeover) to make them look better (and make them feel better instead of just being told they don't look as good as the next female?)
Ok, big problem with the calling women 'females' thing. What's wrong with calling us women or ladies? Are we frickin' livestock now?

Quote:
Google 'the curse of being cute' and you will further see what I am talking about.
Actually, I didn't.

When did being considered cute become a curse, or even a bad thing? I'd give up all of my worldly possessions to be considered cute, by someone...anyone really.

What the hell is it with some people? How about just a little gratitude? At least you aren't so unattractive that you cry every time you're forced to look in the mirror. I do.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:56 AM

579 posts, read 555,914 times
Sometimes people might use it in a somewhat condescending way but I think usually people mean to say that you're attractive but in more of "you look really young" way. I hung out with this guy once who asked me if I was really over 18, and he called me cute. If I had the choice, I'd rather be called pretty or beautiful. Op, you say you've been called pretty before, so I think you're overthinking it.

Oh yeah, also some might use this compliment because it's just something easy and non committal. Like saying "oh you're cute" is less forward and strong than "you're GORGEOUS!!". So sometimes they might actually think you're super gorgeous but they say cute because they're using caution and don't want to come on too strong. So if they get rejected then they feel less embarrassed lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty