Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 07:35 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,930,554 times

Advertisements

Cargo shorts ARE my summer wardrobe when not dressed for work.

Mine are all from Kohls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 07:50 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,413,693 times
Love them. The side cargo pockets are the only ones big enough to comfortably carry my bulky phone in its bulky case. The velcro or the buttons are the only things that make me feel that the phone isn't going to fall out when I do stuff. The other side are good for the keys and a wallet.

Old 08-05-2016, 08:02 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,413,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Dnt worry about these dumb fashion critics.

They have too much time on their hands. One day they think, oooh, let me see what clothing item I can rag on in order to make myself seem sooo important as a fashion 'expert' and 'trendsetter.'
I never knew cargo shorts were that much despised. Once the subject opened up this week (at work and among my friends), it seemed to me that this was a metaphor for politics in this country: haters were to a person Dems and proponents Republicans (not necessarily Trump supporters).

As one of my cargo-shorts wearing friends said, he hates the long basketball shorts he sees being worn now, but he would never say anything. Fashionistas need to feel important telling others off, which makes sense after nearly two decades of Paris Hilton, the Kardashians, and Bruce Jenner.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:23 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,512,625 times
Quote:
I never knew cargo shorts were that much despised.
I didn't, either! This past summer, we had a family reunion. 3 brothers, a sister, and all of us have spouses and kid(s). Cargo shorts was a huge topic! Apparently my youngest brother loves them and my other two brothers made fun of him constantly. My husband pretty much only wears cargo shorts (except when he's out running), so it was 2 against 2. I had no idea it was such a big deal.

My only beef with cargo shorts is the damn velcro. Once my husband went to work in his cargo shorts (relaxed dress code there) and he walked around the entire day with our young daughter's underwear stuck to one pocket. How he didn't notice that, I have no clue. I'm not picky about laundry, but I'm ready to disallow his shorts in our laundry cycle. It's ruined some of my shirts, in spite of the fact that we always make sure to have the velcro attached and the shorts inside-out. *sigh*

Old 08-05-2016, 09:43 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,899,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
...he walked around the entire day with our young daughter's underwear stuck to one pocket. How he didn't notice that, I have no clue...
I haven't laughed so hard from a post on C-D for quite some time. I've walked around with a sock hanging out from a short-sleeve pullover and dryer sheets poking out from my neck, sleeves, and pants legs.

None of my cargo shorts, except one pair, have Velcro, so I haven't had the Velcro issue - yet.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:46 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,647,244 times
No, I have to agree that low cut socks fit the fussy/prissy mold, as well. Nobody's advocating for tube socks halfway up to the knee, but the cutaway socks scooped down way below the ankle bone really DO look girlie.

Old 08-06-2016, 01:25 AM

10,349 posts, read 13,978,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
I think they're hideous and stopped wearing them anywhere years ago. But evidently they've become an acrimonious issue in some households, and according to these two articles, some folks have very strong views about them:

Nice Cargo Shorts! You

tps://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/08/04/a-very-important-post-about-cargo-shorts/?tid=hybrid_collaborative_2_na

So an informal ask: Thumbs up or thumbs down on guys in cargo shorts?
I wear them and don't really care what others' opinions are of them.

Old 08-06-2016, 01:32 AM

30,509 posts, read 19,263,155 times
I love cargo shorts. I don't care if some women don't like them, they're comfortable and convenient.

Old 08-06-2016, 05:37 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,742,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
No, I have to agree that low cut socks fit the fussy/prissy mold, as well. Nobody's advocating for tube socks halfway up to the knee, but the cutaway socks scooped down way below the ankle bone really DO look girlie.
My dad wears jorts AND footie socks.

Old 08-06-2016, 06:05 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,351,562 times
Coming from the world of military, cargo anything seems normal. My other and my son will both wear them. My other likes shorter ones (over the knee) and my son likes shorts well under the knee. My son wears the short socks but only in black. Crew socks for my guy.

If it makes them happy, I could care less.

And those guys who swear their wives would never throw anything of yours away? You just haven't noticed yet. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty