Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 02:34 PM

865 posts, read 1,489,694 times

Advertisements

I just bought a pair of forest green skinny jeans, look great, very soft, fit great and it flattered my curves! I have no idea what to wear with it though!!! I never had "green jeans" before!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 12:58 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,717 times
^^^^^check out Pinterest

Great Posts everyone !

Old 09-23-2016, 03:59 PM

This was a little bit of a splurge but has been on my want list list for awhile. I bought a beautiful long sequin scarf. It's gold/copper/silver sequins. I was glad finally found one that is pretty and good quality. It has more of a holiday look to it because it's so sparkly, looks great with solid sweaters.

Old 09-23-2016, 04:03 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
This was a little bit of a splurge but has been on my want list list for awhile. I bought a beautiful long sequin scarf. It's gold/copper/silver sequins. I was glad finally found one that is pretty and good quality. It has more of a holiday look to it because it's so sparkly, looks great with solid sweaters.
How do you wear it? Do you knot it? Do you have a pic?

I loved scarves last year. I had a whole bunch. These were mostly infinity scarves. I don't get to bring my scarves out until later in the year or for holiday get-togethers due to the weather here but I'm looking forward to it.

Old 09-23-2016, 04:27 PM

^^^^^ Well it was a recent purchase so I haven't worn it yet but will soon. It's long and there's too many sequins to knot it. I'll see if I can send you a pic.

Old 09-26-2016, 07:42 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,649,439 times
I am looking for a nice black/gray native American wool shawl that does not cost a year's pay. Pendleton has some but they are very expensive.

It's out three and I will find it!

Old 09-26-2016, 08:36 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,911,686 times
i just bought an oatmeal colored waffle henley, an olive green waffle henley, an off-white ribbed lightweight sweater, a new pair of black skinny jeans, and some cognac leather boots with some blue detailing.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:48 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Oh, I love scarves!!!

When I was at an estate sale recently, I found a very large, gorgeous silky scarf in a purple paisley pattern (yes, I thought of Prince!). It's really more like a shawl. It was $5. I snapped it up! That got me to thinking that I might have more big scarves like shawls at home, and sure enough, when I got to digging around in my winter stuff, I found five really big, long scarves that I could wear like a shawl, or wrapped around my shoulders somehow, with a big brooch holding them in place.

So I put them all in the dryer on steam to get the creases out of them and then I hung them up on pants hangers with the hooks, rather than keeping them folded up in a box, and I'm sure I'll wear them more often that way. I'm excited!

We're going to Maine on vacation in October and it's already cold there in the evenings, so I'll get to wear these earlier than usual (here in Texas). I think they are going to be great for layering, and really easy to pack as well.

I've got the purple one, a long orange, gold, and purple silk one, one I ordered from India that's in a lot of vibrant colors, a heavier turquoise and brown and blue one (should look great with jeans and brown boots), and a brown and black and cream one that's got a fringe on it. Oh, and one with fall leaves on it in fall colors. GOOD TIMES! Boots and scarves, here I come!

I love all types of scarves and I've always had a lot of them. They are great for fall and winter here in Texas because it's not that cold but I can wear them with a turtleneck sweater or a blazer and they're the perfect weight for crisp but not frigid days.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:51 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
i just bought an oatmeal colored waffle henley, an olive green waffle henley, an off-white ribbed lightweight sweater, a new pair of black skinny jeans, and some cognac leather boots with some blue detailing.
I think I'm jealous of those boots.

Speaking of boots, I got all mine out the other day and got out the shoe shining kit and cleaned them up (as well as my other leather winter shoes). I wear sandals all summer, and summer is long here, so I realized that my boots and closed toed shoes were all sort of dusty looking.

Now they're gleaming and I want to wear them! And we just had a cold front come through and today is the first day that it feels a TINY BIT like fall outside. Woohoo!

Old 09-26-2016, 09:00 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,712,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
I just bought a pair of forest green skinny jeans, look great, very soft, fit great and it flattered my curves! I have no idea what to wear with it though!!! I never had "green jeans" before!
I want to get a green or blue or some other funky color pants, maybe even a red jean will be cool. Its on my want list. But first I need to go thru my out of season clothes that I put away during summer before I make new shopping list.

Wear your green jeans with neutral color top for start. Then you can upgrade to complimentary color
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty