Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 02:26 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I recently got turned on to Nivea Creme.. Great for winter skin, I'm already in love with it.

The "natural" trend isn't exactly cutting it for me anymore. Gimme what works. Tried & true..
Please no not Nivea, never could use it when young and wouldnt dream of buying or using it now.. dont go Natural , Pure, Organic or for senstive skin look at the label..or google , this one is scary

Behind the label: Nivea - The Ecologist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 03:34 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,063,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
we should all be googling JUNK in face creams and makeup as well as perfumes too... and think again about what were plastering on our bodies.. there are now good alternatives to all this stuff that should be better regulated, time will tell.. in the next ten to fifteen years every company will have to clean up their act with whats actually put into their cosmetics...if we the consumer stop buying the junk cosmetics then they will have to change or go bust.. there are alternatives so please have a look at non toxic creams, make up and perfumes..

#DitchTheJunk | Breast Cancer UK same with your shampoo... I havent tried any of these on the list but make sure there are no formaldehyde , parabens or sulphates in your shampoos too.
https://sulfatefreeshampoos.org/sulf...poo-list/#list, dont go with... Organic,, or for sensitive skin or Pure,read whats in it first.... and please dont go with if its expensive cream or makeup, it doesnt make a bit of difference.. if it has these parabens, sulphates , formadehyde etc in them. ditch them all ...PLEASE.. sorry for going on, but Im genuinly trying to help all to stop these companies selling us dangerous junk..
I used to be able to use any cream or any makeup on my face, when I was younger. But my skin has gone really sensitive over the years. Now, I have to be really careful what I put on it, otherwise I'll end up with an itchy rash or blotchy skin.

God knows what crap they put into these creams really. I know that Olay Total Effects is supposed to be really popular. But I've tried it, and it feels like its burning my skin and making my eyes water! I now stick to Simple products, or ones that have a lot of natural ingredients.

And yes, I hate it when some makeup is all perfumey. Like some lipsticks, when you wear them, feel like you are breathing in perfume from them!

Old 01-11-2017, 09:49 AM

1 posts, read 586 times
i love Argan Oil of spinoosa, it is a miracle oil for my skin whether for the face, body, dry cuticles and heels. I've even used it on a family member who has psoriasis and it helped tremendously.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:02 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
I used to be able to use any cream or any makeup on my face, when I was younger. But my skin has gone really sensitive over the years. Now, I have to be really careful what I put on it, otherwise I'll end up with an itchy rash or blotchy skin.

God knows what crap they put into these creams really. I know that Olay Total Effects is supposed to be really popular. But I've tried it, and it feels like its burning my skin and making my eyes water! I now stick to Simple products, or ones that have a lot of natural ingredients.

And yes, I hate it when some makeup is all perfumey. Like some lipsticks, when you wear them, feel like you are breathing in perfume from them!
Olay had the same effect on me, I bought it about fifteen years ago, the new pump type and my face was on fire.. I looked it up and found that many people had the same reaction..why the hell are they allowed to sell this dangerous rubbish.

Old 01-12-2017, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Olay had the same effect on me, I bought it about fifteen years ago, the new pump type and my face was on fire.. I looked it up and found that many people had the same reaction..why the hell are they allowed to sell this dangerous rubbish.
Yes, that's what happened to me. I couldn't use it at all. I wonder what's in it, to cause the burning sensation??

But the way they advertise it on British tv, they make out it's some miracle cream, used by so many women.

Old 01-13-2017, 10:36 AM

19,722 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Please no not Nivea, never could use it when young and wouldnt dream of buying or using it now.. dont go Natural , Pure, Organic or for senstive skin look at the label..or google , this one is scary

I have dealt w/ sensitive skin reactions from face products since I was a teenager- until I started the oil cleansing method about 6 yrs ago.. (which I love and still do)

Nivea just works for me- as a super heavy-duty & non-irritating winter moisturizer.

Last year I was dealing with flakey dryness that no amount of coconut oil or shea butter could fix! Lol.

Of all things, vaseline remedied that, but it's just too greasy to wear under makeup.

Old 01-13-2017, 10:45 AM

19,722 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post

I had a similar reaction from an Olay Regenerist(?) cream. Burning, redness, and a bumpy rash..

Old 01-13-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I had a similar reaction from an Olay Regenerist(?) cream. Burning, redness, and a bumpy rash..
Yep. We should all sue them, lol!

Old 01-14-2017, 09:29 AM

26 posts, read 21,871 times
Smile My favourite one is Margarita

There is this really good brand in Lithuania called Margarita. I have been using their creams for a very long time now. 5 years if not more. I have a very dry skin and especially struggle in winters. However, this cream saves me. I think you could be able to get it on ebay.com. It's natural and simply great. Not expensive at all.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:18 AM

466 posts, read 581,751 times
Quote:

Thanks for the link. I had no idea it was manufactured in Germany?? I always thought it was British, you live and learn! Only used the handcream way back in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty