Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 12:18 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,420,669 times

Advertisements

I just want to know if we are supposed to wax it all off, or just a little? What is the trend? I def do maintenance, but is everyone completely hairless now?

Old 12-24-2016, 07:34 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,325,155 times
I don't wax or shave; I use a trimmer and keep the "lady bits" in as close to a buzz cut as possible. I would never put hot wax there in a million years.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:38 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
There was a woman hobbling around the office a few years ago. My wife's friend looked at her and knew immediately that she had just gotten a brazilian wax because that's how she walks after she gets it done.

I don't understand how they can go to a place for a stranger to do that work.

Me either - I won't even go for a massage because I don't want strangers touching me much less a stranger face to face with my hoohah. :-)

Old 12-24-2016, 09:09 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,431,422 times
a short word about Neet or any hair removal cream.

Your fingernails are made of keratin which is HAIR, wear gloves unless you want your nails to melt/soften/peel.

Old 12-24-2016, 12:43 PM

230 posts, read 173,422 times
I think after all that you would just go back to shaving

Old 12-25-2016, 12:49 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbad View Post
I just want to know if we are supposed to wax it all off, or just a little? What is the trend? I def do maintenance, but is everyone completely hairless now?
It's not a weird question, people just don't talk about it much

"A study, published in JAMA Dermatology this week, surveyed a nationally representative sample of 3,316 women, 84 percent of whom reported engaging in some form of pubic hair removal by scissor, razor, wax, tweezer, depilatory cream, laser, or electrolysis.

But The Times focuses its analysis on the segment of women who choose pubic baldness. “Sixty-two percent … opted for complete removal of their pubic hair,” Jan Hoffman writes. An overwhelming majority of the country’s women, completely hairless under their underwear."

Old 12-25-2016, 05:00 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,886,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbad View Post
I think hairless is popular with ladies in their 30's and 40's. Some of the younger generation don't want to do anything to it at all...my kid has to wear a bathing suit with a skirt or bike shorts because she refuses to "tamper with nature." Basically, we went bald as a backlash to the full 70's look and now our kids are having their own backlash to the baldness.

If you ride a bicycle often, hairless can be the most comfortable, but only if you have a hair removal method that doesn't involve stubble or ingrowns. I can't think of a lot of other real physical reasons to take it all off, other than personal preference.

Old 12-25-2016, 07:44 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I think hairless is popular with ladies in their 30's and 40's. Some of the younger generation don't want to do anything to it at all...my kid has to wear a bathing suit with a skirt or bike shorts because she refuses to "tamper with nature." Basically, we went bald as a backlash to the full 70's look and now our kids are having their own backlash to the baldness.

If you ride a bicycle often, hairless can be the most comfortable, but only if you have a hair removal method that doesn't involve stubble or ingrowns. I can't think of a lot of other real physical reasons to take it all off, other than personal preference.
I do a 17 mile ride every weekend when the weather is nice. I've never had any discomfort at all...have not even thought that it would be an issue for anyone. But I guess maybe there are women that have more than their fair share....

Old 12-25-2016, 07:47 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
It's not a weird question, people just don't talk about it much

"A study, published in JAMA Dermatology this week, surveyed a nationally representative sample of 3,316 women, 84 percent of whom reported engaging in some form of pubic hair removal by scissor, razor, wax, tweezer, depilatory cream, laser, or electrolysis.

But The Times focuses its analysis on the segment of women who choose pubic baldness. “Sixty-two percent … opted for complete removal of their pubic hair,” Jan Hoffman writes. An overwhelming majority of the country’s women, completely hairless under their underwear."
You neglected to post the rest of the information from that article. What you posted was misleading, because this follows:

"The 62 percent bald figure is not quite accurate, though. The survey actually found that 62 percent of women have ever removed all their pubic hair, not that they “prefer to go bare,” in the Times’ parlance, all the time. Nearly 34.6 percent of the women surveyed had removed all their pubic hair five or fewer times; that likely means they’ve tried it but prefer not to go bare. Less than 21 percent of study participants said they’d gone bald 11 times or more—this is more likely the population that wants a completely bare vulva for life."

Old 12-25-2016, 08:02 AM

14,254 posts, read 14,754,235 times
My girl friend has me trim hers up. I use my men's battery operated grooming kit like the one below. No pain, pinching, etc. She loves it:

https://grooming.wahl.com/products/t...sman%C2%AE-pro
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty