Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 12:32 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times

Advertisements

Okay.

So.

I have been, er, cleaning things up down Netherly Way forever by shaving. I don't have much, I'll say that. But what I do have tends to be...errant. It's not, well, impressive, at least not in any sort of positive way...it kind of looks like the patchy chin of a homeless man who shaves every six days with a piece of broken glass. I just don't think that's ever a good look, whether it's positioned near the top or nearer the bottom. So I do maintenance.

But wow...I'm over shaving. I am just so sick of it. I wanted to wax, and go a few weeks between sessions. Let me put in here that I have waxed body parts before - just not this one. It was all good. It hurt a little, but that "a little" is important here, because my previous waxings gave me NO indication of what was to come with this whole bikini deali-o.

I chose to use a facial wax since most waxes I found online seemed to say they were for both tops and tails. I melted the wax, applied in Stonehenge formation (I'll let you use your imagination there) for that so-natural farm acre landing strip look and let things cool, and I let 'er rip.

Oh.

My.

GOD.

Actually, "God" isn't a strong enough word here. Is there something bigger than God? Or...more painful? If so, that's what I'd have been screaming, if I could have found a voice at all. Ever been past crying? Yep. That's where I was. So I tried just tugging. A little. OH DEAR BIGGER THAN GOD.

I stopped. Breathed. Squinted hard. (Why do we always think tightening up our faces will prevent pain? Does it ever?) And one, two, three, zip.

I'm not quite sure what happened after that. I get images of fading in and out; black, white, black, a woozy image of the green leftover wax in patches among screaming red under-layers of skin. The only thing that kept me conscious was the horrifying thought of the paramedics finding me there on the floor, patchy in green-wax-and-red-skin and one of the dudes chuckling to the other, "Look...she has a Christmas koos." Yeah, just nope. I gripped the basin, gulped deep breaths and...did the other side.

I staggered out of the bathroom on my knees, dripping wax curls.

There's still green down there. I don't have the emotional strength to pry it off with a fingernail. I can just imagine what my husband will say if he goes fishing for his Christmas present tonight. The rest of me is red just thinking about it. So basically, wherever I'm not wax-green or torn up, I'm blushing. Merry Christmas to me.

I'm thinking I did something wrong...

Anyone have any ideas?

I feel like maybe this just isn't the method for me. Is there one that doesn't involve ripping agony and praying for death to end the pain? If so, please chime in.

TIA.

Old 12-22-2016, 01:22 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Mod cut.

I would probably recommend using a cold wax kit (less risk of burning) designed for sensitive skin. And take a warm bath before waxing to soften skin and open up pores.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-28-2016 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 12-22-2016, 01:48 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,842,850 times
I would not use a facial wax next time...

Old 12-22-2016, 01:54 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times
You need the right wax for the job and it might be easier for someone else to do it. It's hard to do it with enough force to yourself. Especially now that you know how it will feel.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:03 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Ohhhhh,so glad I never tried that! I actually do maintenance by plucking/trimming. Yeah, it takes awhile but the results are good and it is almost a zen-like experience doing it. I hope the "smarting" from the experience has calmed down by now!

Old 12-22-2016, 02:19 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Okay.

So.

I have been, er, cleaning things up down Netherly Way forever by shaving. I don't have much, I'll say that. But what I do have tends to be...errant. It's not, well, impressive, at least not in any sort of positive way...it kind of looks like the patchy chin of a homeless man who shaves every six days with a piece of broken glass. I just don't think that's ever a good look, whether it's positioned near the top or nearer the bottom. So I do maintenance.

But wow...I'm over shaving. I am just so sick of it. I wanted to wax, and go a few weeks between sessions. Let me put in here that I have waxed body parts before - just not this one. It was all good. It hurt a little, but that "a little" is important here, because my previous waxings gave me NO indication of what was to come with this whole bikini deali-o.

I chose to use a facial wax since most waxes I found online seemed to say they were for both tops and tails. I melted the wax, applied in Stonehenge formation (I'll let you use your imagination there) for that so-natural farm acre landing strip look and let things cool, and I let 'er rip.

Oh.

My.

GOD.

Actually, "God" isn't a strong enough word here. Is there something bigger than God? Or...more painful? If so, that's what I'd have been screaming, if I could have found a voice at all. Ever been past crying? Yep. That's where I was. So I tried just tugging. A little. OH DEAR BIGGER THAN GOD.

I stopped. Breathed. Squinted hard. (Why do we always think tightening up our faces will prevent pain? Does it ever?) And one, two, three, zip.

I'm not quite sure what happened after that. I get images of fading in and out; black, white, black, a woozy image of the green leftover wax in patches among screaming red under-layers of skin. The only thing that kept me conscious was the horrifying thought of the paramedics finding me there on the floor, patchy in green-wax-and-red-skin and one of the dudes chuckling to the other, "Look...she has a Christmas koos." Yeah, just nope. I gripped the basin, gulped deep breaths and...did the other side.

I staggered out of the bathroom on my knees, dripping wax curls.

There's still green down there. I don't have the emotional strength to pry it off with a fingernail. I can just imagine what my husband will say if he goes fishing for his Christmas present tonight. The rest of me is red just thinking about it. So basically, wherever I'm not wax-green or torn up, I'm blushing. Merry Christmas to me.

I'm thinking I did something wrong...

Anyone have any ideas?

I feel like maybe this just isn't the method for me. Is there one that doesn't involve ripping agony and praying for death to end the pain? If so, please chime in.

TIA.
Mother nature is trying her best to tell you to leave it in it's gorgeous natural state. Shaving "netherly" for a woman is about like painting a big X through a Picasso masterpiece.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:30 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Oh that sounds horrible. Do you have some aloe Vera or tea tree oil. Even coconut oil should help too.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:36 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Mod cut.

Go to a professional, or go back to the razor.
Try an electric one! Really not that difficult....

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-28-2016 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:43 PM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Mother nature is trying her best to tell you to leave it in it's gorgeous natural state. Shaving "netherly" for a woman is about like painting a big X through a Picasso masterpiece.
To quote my favorite movie 'It's Complicated' starring Meryl Streep & Alec Baldwin:

"I love that you stopped bikini waxing. You've gone native!"

Old 12-22-2016, 03:05 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
Your description of the ordeal is too funny!

I was going to try waxing my lady bits at one point in time. I decided to try a patch on my arm and I was glad that was the only place I tried. I had a bruise that lasted several weeks. Not sure what I did wrong but I'm sure I would have done the same thing down below.

If you don't mind some initial pain the first time or two that you use it, an epilator will get rid of the hair and keep it gone for a couple of weeks, sometimes a bit longer. You may figure out a time of month that the hairs seem less firmly attached and easier to remove. I've noticed I have a couple of days like that and I plan my hair-removal efforts for those days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty