Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 05:40 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,072,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1eutian View Post
Bingo Wing. I just got what that is and thanks for putting that image in my head!
That's ok. According to the Daily Mail, there are "six types of bingo wing", apparently...

The six types of bingo wing...and how to banish them for summer | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 06:54 PM

4,567 posts, read 5,437,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Eurgh... muscles on women looks gross. I mean, I'd like to be more toned, but there's no way I'd want to have noticeable muscles on myself.

There has to be a limit on muscles on a woman, otherwise they start looking like a man. And personally, I wouldn't want to look like a man. And it's no good these muscular women sticking fake boobs on themselves - they ain't fooling anyone!
I take it you didnt even bother to look at the links posted in this thread did you? Had you done that, you would have seen FIT STRONG and INCREDIBLY SEXY women who are NOT musclebound and who do not look like men.

And who said anything about boobs? This is just you making things up in your mind that have nothing to do with what this thread is about.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:11 PM

983 posts, read 739,934 times
For those who have seen it, how would you feel about a woman like Brienne of Tarth from GoT?

Old 02-11-2017, 07:26 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,547,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
To start, I am a male. I don't care for it. In my mind I tried to get used to it thinking its no different than a guy lifting weights and getting muscle bound. But I just can't get used to it. It gives me a feeling that a woman is trying to be like man. I grew up being used to women being feminine and that's what I like in women. But to each his/her own as they say. Just wondering what other people think of muscle bound women.
No I don't find it attractive at all

Old 02-11-2017, 07:41 PM

4,567 posts, read 5,437,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
For those who have seen it, how would you feel about a woman like Brienne of Tarth from GoT?
She's just tall - 6' 3". She has ZERO muscles. None. She doesnt even belong in the discussion of this thread.

https://cloudpix.co/hot-in-mini-dres...e-1411787.html

Old 02-11-2017, 09:04 PM

9,015 posts, read 13,859,350 times
So muscles are masculine?

Do you think cellulite is feminine then?

Old 02-11-2017, 11:45 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,412,153 times
I dislike the looks of really muscular women.Just not my type.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:18 AM

2,202 posts, read 4,334,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
To start, I am a male. I don't care for it. In my mind I tried to get used to it thinking its no different than a guy lifting weights and getting muscle bound. But I just can't get used to it. It gives me a feeling that a woman is trying to be like man. I grew up being used to women being feminine and that's what I like in women. But to each his/her own as they say. Just wondering what other people think of muscle bound women.
Did you notice how many people argued what you meant by "muscle bound", when it has a clear definition?

Given there are so few muscle-bound women (and I've never seen one in-person), I've never needed to be concerned with "getting used to it". I am used to the idea that some women engage in competitive body-building for a while. I'm used to it in the sense that some people will engage in things that I consider a "freak show" (both as participant and spectator) but I don't give it much attention or consideration.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:35 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,054,944 times
I prefer women to be soft and smooth, not fatty or muscle bound. That's just me though. To each his own.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:41 AM

258 posts, read 234,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
smh

You don't know how often women are dissuaded from lifting weights at the gym in fear of "looking like a man". I suppose the conventional thinking of women's workouts is mostly cardio with a little bit of 10 lb dumbbells thrown in. No thanks. I like picking heavy things up. I devote half my workout time to lifting weights. If having defined muscles and broad shoulders make me look like a man, then I'll take it. We train our bodies for our pleasure, not the ogling eyes of the opposite gender. I'm not into the powerlifting lifestyle because that's just not my thing, but I don't find anything wrong with women who are into that. I'm also definitely supportive of women actively lifting progressively heavier weight, especially as they age. I'm 41, and I want to keep and increase my muscle mass. If it's more than a guy's, then that's on them.

OP didn't ask why you did it. That's not the point. Obviously women do it for some reason or another. He is just asking if other people find it attractive. Seems like you are the one with the insecurity. Many people find it gross. If you can't take that, it's on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty