Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 09:44 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,421,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I'm curious to know everyone's definition of a too muscular woman... I watch a lot of fitness models on YouTube and admire many of their bodies..

Here are two I like....

https://www.instagram.com/ashleynocera/

https://www.instagram.com/nikkiblackketter/

Do you think the have too much muscle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
The ONLY ones I've noticed who have that are the few who actually compete in the Crossfit Games. Every other woman I see who lift regularly (even at Crossfit) dont have that "box" or "square" look which really only comes from having really developed obliques. I'd say its really only just those "elite" competitor athletes who have it. It is not someone that other women should be worried or concerned about because they are NOT going to get that look.

Katrin Davidsdottir kinda has that look but its subtle and her body is still crazy SEXY:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR5saAwBqks

Susanne Svanevik has a bit of it as well, but like DAvidsdottir she's sexy as all get out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTqNRNRFhWs

Melissa Molinaro lifts but she doesnt have that box look. She's just drop dead sexy gorgeous:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eoHa8HGW9w

Quote:
Originally Posted by James1202 View Post
Did you notice how many people argued what you meant by "muscle bound", when it has a clear definition?
Instead of relying on a person's own personal definition of what they my think "muscle bound" means, how about just taking a look at the examples that were already posted in this thread? I've included the links for you (and others) above for ease of viewing.

Notice how these women are still very beautiful and feminine? They are NOT "bodybuilders" (which is not attractive) but instead are just athletic, beautiful, sexy women who I am willing to be my life on, have absolutely ZERO difficulty in attracting potential mates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 10:51 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
i got to respect the hard work they are putting into their bodies....

yes i find it attractive....

takes a lot of discipline...

now if shes taking testosterone and her voice is deeper than mine.....thats different

Old 02-12-2017, 12:58 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
thanks for the photos as examples.

Kudos on the abs and upper shoulder parts.

the thighs and bums are Blah....

Old 02-12-2017, 04:25 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Nope, I like my women feminine and soft. I think muscular women are a turn off. But, to each his own.

Old 02-12-2017, 05:47 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,235,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Same here.

I don't much care for any gym-rat overmuscled body, whether it's a man or woman. On a woman, it's downright gross, IMO.

That is not my thing either.

As far as women are concerned, I do like "curves and muscle". The skin and bones overly tall ectomorph body that many fashion models have and women seen to favor - does nothing for me. I know that some status conscious men think "model types" - over 5'8", skin and bones, not much in the way of muscle tone - to be their ideal. I am not one of them.

Personally I prefer women at their normal weight, who are firm, not bulky, with curvy calves, toned arms, and thighs and a compact body.

I don't like women who look like female "Arnold Schwarzenegger". Similarly, I do not like the super model "Olive Oil", Melania Trump or Twiggy type. Too tall and skinny are not my thing.

Old 02-12-2017, 05:55 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny74 View Post
OP didn't ask why you did it. That's not the point. Obviously women do it for some reason or another. He is just asking if other people find it attractive. Seems like you are the one with the insecurity. Many people find it gross. If you can't take that, it's on you.
And why would I be insecure? I'm not a bodybuilder/powerlifter. If you bothered to read my posts, I made that pretty clear. And that wasn't my point. My point was that women are constantly discouraged from strength training in the mistaken belief that they're going to be "muscle bound" like bodybuilders. That's ludicrous. I have definition (and getting better) courtesy of lifting. I don't have any saggy triceps/bat wings. My arms are firm, not squishy. Again courtesy of lifting. My shoulders are nice and rounded and defined, which looks pretty awesome in sleeveless tops. And, you know what? I look pretty darn good at 41 years old, better than I ever did being "soft" in my 20s. Women should be encouraged to lift, not discouraged. As Grandview Gloria said, the average woman lifting is not going to be as muscular as powerlifters. No way, no how. It's a lifestyle followed by both men and women. Lifting something higher than 10 lbs is not going to turn you into Ms. Olympia.

Women could use increased muscle mass and should strength train, and I stand by what I said earlier. As for the bodybuilder women, they honestly don't care what many people think of them. It's a world that the average Joe/Jane isn't a part of. When they're not competing, they don't look like that.

Last edited by riaelise; 02-12-2017 at 06:06 PM..

Old 02-12-2017, 07:17 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,049,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
smh

You don't know how often women are dissuaded from lifting weights at the gym in fear of "looking like a man". I suppose the conventional thinking of women's workouts is mostly cardio with a little bit of 10 lb dumbbells thrown in. No thanks. I like picking heavy things up. I devote half my workout time to lifting weights. If having defined muscles and broad shoulders make me look like a man, then I'll take it. We train our bodies for our pleasure, not the ogling eyes of the opposite gender. I'm not into the powerlifting lifestyle because that's just not my thing, but I don't find anything wrong with women who are into that. I'm also definitely supportive of women actively lifting progressively heavier weight, especially as they age. I'm 41, and I want to keep and increase my muscle mass. If it's more than a guy's, then that's on them.
I get so tired of women using that lame "excuse". They act like if they lift a 5 lb dumbbell they will magically turn into Chyna from the WWF. It takes a lot more effort and work (and maybe some steroid stimulation) to get on the level of an actual female "bodybuilder".

I have dated a few "fitness" freaks back in my hey day, and truth be told, most of them have some sort of "issues" as to why they feel the need to put so much effort (and drugs) into building the perfect physique. The same can be said about male bodybuilders I guess.

Old 02-12-2017, 07:27 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times
Being feminine is being strong...in all areas including physically. Women don't have to be weak in order for men to like them.

Guys, admit. You're just intimidated by strong women.

Old 02-12-2017, 07:40 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,998,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

top example...........NO

lower example........YES

Old 02-12-2017, 07:42 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,049,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Being feminine is being strong...in all areas including physically. Women don't have to be weak in order for men to like them.

Guys, admit. You're just intimidated by strong women.
No...at least I don't like a women who feels the need to "bitchy" about proving to the world that she is "strong" and doesn't "need" a man to justify her existence. I want an EQUAL partner...this is not a competition. No intimidation here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty