Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 03:24 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,333,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
I get mine on the website and on Amazon. I don't pay attention to what Macy's is doing. Or any of the other department stores. I do my own thing.

I may be an outlier. When I was younger the department stores were everything. These days, if I do go into a store, it is probably a discounter. My interest in Nautica is from back in the day.
Our local Stein Mart carried it until it closed. The other two nearest Stein Marts only carry the dress shirts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2019, 03:46 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,450,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Our local Stein Mart carried it until it closed. The other two nearest Stein Marts only carry the dress shirts.
I like the dress shirts.

Old 04-14-2019, 07:55 PM

Since the closure of the Queen Creek Stein Mart I actually wonder why neither the Gilbert nor the Chandler location picked up the main Nautica sportswear line to fill in the void. Perhaps they already had existing contracts with other brands (I think the Gilbert location used to have the main Nautica sportswear line but dropped it a while back). I haven't been to the Tempe location, so I am not sure what brands they carry.

Old 04-14-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Since the closure of the Queen Creek Stein Mart I actually wonder why neither the Gilbert nor the Chandler location picked up the main Nautica sportswear line to fill in the void. Perhaps they already had existing contracts with other brands (I think the Gilbert location used to have the main Nautica sportswear line but dropped it a while back). I haven't been to the Tempe location, so I am not sure what brands they carry.
Department stores aren't always with their ear to the ground. If Nautica was more prominent in the street you'd see more at the stores. I'd just shop online.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Department stores aren't always with their ear to the ground. If Nautica was more prominent in the street you'd see more at the stores. I'd just shop online.
I just don't think it is very popular locally. As I stated earlier, I have also been noticing most local Macy's stores dropping the brand. Perhaps it may be popular elsewhere (Puerto Rico being an example).

Old 04-15-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I just don't think it is very popular locally. As I stated earlier, I have also been noticing most local Macy's stores dropping the brand. Perhaps it may be popular elsewhere (Puerto Rico being an example).
It isn't popular here either. I do see young Black males, usually teenagers, wearing it on a rare occasion. I never see anyone my age wearing it. Black men my age are still into Polo Ralph Lauren. Tommy Hilfiger is the exact same way. It's okay. But a young person new to Polo can't do it like you can because you know all the tricks of the trade. You'll spend less, and look better than a teenager spending more. Stop it already.

When you're near 50 you tend to do your own thing. Or at least you should. I'm resigned to the fact that the stuff at Macy's isn't for me anymore. I figure I need to exhibit some maturity in how I present myself. Men my age shouldn't be doing loud Balenciaga or Versace or Gucci or whatever. Advertising and telegraphing what we're doing. Let the young people have that. We had our time to shine.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:08 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,047,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwdst57731 View Post
Yes vineyard vines is very popular in the retirement and nursing home communities.
Are you being funny/sarcastic?

Old 05-08-2019, 11:47 PM

48 posts, read 25,439 times
I went to a store called Belk for the first time recently. (I hated it there.)
But they had a very large Nautica section.
So people must be buying it.

Personally I don't know why anyone would bother buying anything that doesn't have unicorns on it but whatever.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCST View Post
I went to a store called Belk for the first time recently. (I hated it there.)
But they had a very large Nautica section.
So people must be buying it.

Personally I don't know why anyone would bother buying anything that doesn't have unicorns on it but whatever.
As I said, its popularity is likely regional. I don't see it at Macy's locally anymore, and ever since the Stein Mart in my town that carried their main sportswear line closed the other two nearest locations in Gilbert and Chandler have not stepped in to fill the void (they only carry the dresswear). However, the last time I was at the Macy's at Superstition Springs Center in Mesa an employee told me they had it at the SanTan Village location in Gilbert, so perhaps it might have returned at that location (I haven't been there since). I still see it at Costco, T.J. Maxx/Marshalls, and Ross, however, as some should know many of the items sold at these stores are made specifically for these stores to be sold at a discounted price.

Old 05-26-2019, 11:29 PM

17 posts, read 6,272 times
As Halloween outfits, I'll say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty