Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 09:06 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,533,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Notice the heels on the gals from DWTS. They are not stilettos; they are dancing shoes, usually a shorter, thicker heel with a strap that goes around the foot.

Try a kitten heel. They are lower but still attractive.
Exactly.
If you are not a high heels wearer, a kitten heel still looks smart.

Also find brands that are made on a laste that fits your foot. Spend some time trying many brands to f8nd several that fit perfectly. Then in future you will immediately be able to find what you need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 09:09 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
balls of my feet, torso bent severely at the waist, butt out, arms outstretched...boom-chak-a-laka, boom-chak-a-laka

Old 03-30-2017, 10:19 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,923,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
Congratulations! As the mother of groom what i did when my last son got married was I bought a pair of kitten heels to go with my dress to walk into the venue when they announce you, but I also bought a pair of dressy flats in a metallic shade and switched to them the remainder of the night. It worked out well. My feet didn't hurt and I didn't have to walk around barefoot.
That sounds just perfect-I'll do that for sure- thank you.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:45 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,317,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit82 View Post
That sounds just perfect-I'll do that for sure- thank you.
You're welcome! Enjoy the wedding!

I also bought a coordinating tote bag to keep my shoes in which came in very handy throughout the evening. I don't know about you, but when ever I go to a wedding I always end up being the caretakers of other peoples stuff.. my husbands wallet. somebodies tie, or cummerbund, the grandkids toys etc..

That tote came in very handy but best of all, I didn't have to search under the table for my shoes.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:50 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
Op - buy aerosoles brand, they are much more comfy and usually have soles that aren't slippery - you can wear all day without issue and run and dance in them A cheaper version but still comfy is LifeStride. They tend to be manmade materials vs leather with Aerosoles, still they are comfy. I have some for my walking days at work when I am in and out parking lots and buildings.
The only pair of heels I've ever liked was lifestride. They didn't kill my feet like every other brand.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:32 AM

1,347 posts, read 945,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
The only pair of heels I've ever liked was lifestride. They didn't kill my feet like every other brand.
I own a couple pairs of Life Stride heels, and I agree that they are very comfortable.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:58 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,038,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
the trick was to always practice walking tippy toe. It forces your ankles and arch to adjust.

My Ankles no longer endure high heels ....and my sense of balance is no longer par for wearing an accident waiting to happen.

Can you opt for heels that are wedges? THey tend to give fair balance and have height....
Exactly! This is how I learned to do it too. Practice and walk tip toe every day. A couple times a day is even better.

Old 03-30-2017, 12:16 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
A few people have already suggested walking on the balls of your feet. I don't particularly remember walking that way when I used to wear heels, but maybe I did without thinking about it.

I think it comes down to individual physiology. I can't wear heels any more without extreme pain in the balls of my feet. I've read that as you age, you lose the pad of fat in the balls of your feet. That must be it for me, because heels sure didn't used to put me in agony. Even with a gel insert, I just can't wear heels anymore. And I do miss their cuteness!
Yep -- fat pad atrophy. I have it in my heel. I wear either Vionics shoes or Tuli cups in my shoes and orthaheel slippers...or I am in agony. Essentially what happens is your fat pads cell walls break down over time and instead of the fat pad staying where it cushions the bones, when you step it squishes out and you are now bone on hard surface. Over time...it bruises your bones.

Although there is hope on the horizon. University of Pittsburgh medical school is doing a trial of doing lipo on you, then separating out those fat cells and injecting them back into your foot. I'll try it.

Not to wear heels...just to stop the pain.

Old 03-30-2017, 01:07 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,317,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Exactly! This is how I learned to do it too. Practice and walk tip toe every day. A couple times a day is even better.
That actually makes a lot of sense because I remember when I would take off my high heels, I usually walked around on tip toe without even realizing it. It had become such a natural way to walk for me from all my years of wearing heels.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:37 PM

81 posts, read 100,054 times
The only tip I can offer to any woman is to wear them as LITTLE AS POSSIBLE. Take a look at all the older female celebs and their mangled feet/toe bones.

Men invented high heels and have somehow convinced young women that the shoes are for their own benefit.

Think about it - women:
1) spend a fortune on heels so they can
2) end up barely able to walk without pain and then
3) spend a fortune on podiatrists all so that
4) men are turned on by their elongated-looking legs.

WTF?!

I guarantee this is one of the BEST pieces of advice you'll ever get. Oh, and also, don't wear tight-fitting flats either (length or width). These will mangle your feet too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty