Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 07:56 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
it has to be athletic shoes (not just the look of athletic shoes) since i do a lot of very physical activities when treating/evaluating patients. at the same time, they have to be leather, or water resistant, so i won't end up with wet socks after doing two bathing assessments.

thing is too, i have very small feet. i need size 4 for ladies, size 2 for kids.

Check out--

shoesforcrews.com

They specialize in shoes for restaurant and health care workers. My kids both work in restaurant and I buy these for them. They come in a variety of styles, slip resistant, leather, athletic, arch support, etc.

To keep socks from getting wet, have you considered high-tops? I believe SFC carries high-tops.

Both my kids say the SFC provide great traction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 08:18 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
actually, i work in healthcare, and have to assess how patients bathe/shower themselves, hence the need for shoes that have good traction on wet floors. and not just that, athletic leather shoes so at least it'll repel some of the spray. i usually end up with wet socks after two showers, and i typically do 2-3 in a day, ~3x a week. i do have zippable shoe covers that i use on weekends when i mostly do bathing assessments and they have better traction on wet floors than any of my current athletic shoes, but not on weekdays when i have to transition from non-bathing treatments to bathing assessments within 5 minutes between patients, and those shoe covers are not easy to put on/take off, especially when wet.
Look for non-slip shoes. Payless sells some. Shoes for Crews makes only non-slip work shoes.

https://www.shoesforcrews.com/

Old 05-22-2017, 12:43 AM

1,449 posts, read 2,354,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Check out--

shoesforcrews.com

They specialize in shoes for restaurant and health care workers. My kids both work in restaurant and I buy these for them. They come in a variety of styles, slip resistant, leather, athletic, arch support, etc.

To keep socks from getting wet, have you considered high-tops? I believe SFC carries high-tops.

Both my kids say the SFC provide great traction.

thank you for the link!

they do have high tops but not in the size i need. i tried a boy's high top, but they still slipped around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty