Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 01:37 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
T shirts, no way. Unless you're buff and have the body of a Marine (as per above post), leave the shirt untucked and salvage some of your dignity. Honestly, I'm not a fan of it being tucked in even if you're buff, unless it's a requirement for a uniform.
As I've said, I do usually wear an undershirt I tuck in due to the belt issues. I only tuck in my normal shirt if I don't have an undershirt on or I am at work where I typically do even if it is a polo or a tee...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 01:53 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,730,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Talking mostly designer T shirts for casual wear. I know for formal type shirts they should be tucked in.
Which do you prefer? You should do that.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:15 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times
Everyone should tuck, regardless of gender, in my opinion. And I have no idea why anyone, but especially a man, would be wearing a designer t-shirt, if that means something like a t-shirt with the name "Armani" on it.

Old 07-08-2017, 05:23 PM

50,369 posts, read 63,964,084 times
I'll just add that I live in a southern tourist town. It's ungodly hot for most of the year, so men wear sandals, shorts and untucked shirts for most of the time. Everyone is fine and dandy with this.There are only a few restaurants where this attire wouldn't be acceptable, especially at lunch.
A few weeks ago, an actor, who most of us would recognize, happened to be outside the front window of a restaurant where my dh and I were dining. He wore khaki pants, saddle shoes in which the saddle was the same shade of green as his tucked in shirt, and a nice belt. He looked very nice.

I'm aware that a man can look nice without a tucked in shirt, but if it is tucked in, it looks intended, and it looks as though the man has a clue.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:28 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,821,339 times
There aren't many "Shoulds" in fashion, if you want to tuck in your shirt, go ahead! But if you don't, you don't need to!

Old 07-09-2017, 08:38 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
I don't like tucking shirts in. Too much inside the pants to make the pants tighter in the waist.
The tucking doesn't look right today in most places.

Old 07-10-2017, 04:44 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,822,087 times
I don't like tucking in shirts for any reason. One reason I avoid fancy looking belts/buckles. Uniform or not. Sometimes it can look good, but I still do not like it.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:34 PM

21,873 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I tuck my wolf howling at the moon t-shirt into my sweatpants all.day.long.

I'm firmly in the camp that men do not wear "designer" t-shirts anyway. That's something boys do. When you grow up, part of it learning how to dress like an adult. There's obviously different subcultures, but that's really pretty universal. Whether it be football jerseys that are two sizes two large or prepster madras button downs, men just do not wear designer t-shirts. There's a bit of a resurgence in tucked t-shirts as trendy fashion (outside of paired with some cowboy boots and a giant belt buckle where it's always been in) but like the cowboy look the tucked t-shirts tend to not be designer. Or if they are designer at least understated. Obviously not to say don't wear t-shirts but when you're trying to do a bit more than slouching around in your favorite pair of jeans and a t-shirt while still being casual... designer t-shirt is basically not the way to go.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:43 PM

365 posts, read 258,201 times
Lady friends insist that a man with a good physique can tuck in his shirt and wear tight jeans.

The rest of us should be less conspicuous about showing off our build.

Old 07-13-2017, 10:37 AM

501 posts, read 1,064,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post

I'm firmly in the camp that men do not wear "designer" t-shirts anyway. That's something boys do. When you grow up, part of it learning how to dress like an adult. There's obviously different subcultures, but that's really pretty universal. Whether it be football jerseys that are two sizes two large or prepster madras button downs, men just do not wear designer t-shirts.
Where are you from where it's universal that men don't wear t-shirts and jeans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty