Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 02:10 PM

734 posts, read 842,105 times

Advertisements

I have seen posts here where a guy claims that his girlfriend or wife got him to start wearing sandals or flip flops.

Just about every girlfriend I have had has tried getting me to wear sandals or flip flops.

Just about every woman I know wears them. The only guys I know who wear sandals or flip flops are with women. I don't think any of the single guys I know wear them.

I was at a shoe store a couple weeks ago and this lady was making her guy try on sandals.

Ladies, what's the deal? Do you really like guys in flip flops or sandals, or do you dress guys in them to scare other women away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 02:24 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Plenty of single guys wear flip flops and sandals around here.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:26 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,509 times
This is a good wuestion...for some reason women seem to feel really strongly about flip flops...especially men wearing flip flops. I was talking to a woman the other day who said it drove her up the wall to see men in flip flops...but women in flip flops were fine by her...who wouldve though anyone would even care?

Old 06-26-2017, 02:28 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago45 View Post

Just about every girlfriend I have had has tried getting me to wear sandals or flip flops.
So what do you wear, then? Are you the guy walking on the beach in shoes and socks?

Old 06-26-2017, 02:29 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times
My husband wears wool socks in the middle of summer. He'd laugh so hard if I tried to "make" him wear sandals or flip flops! I've never even considered it.
I've never given it much thought. My dad used to wear these cool sandals he got in Vietnam. But I haven't seen him wear them in a long time.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Plenty of single guys wear flip flops and sandals around here.
Are you in a state like FL or CA? I am just going by what I have noticed amongst friends and relatives. I live in more of a rust belt blue collar area tho so maybe that has something to do with it.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
So what do you wear, then? Are you the guy walking on the beach in shoes and socks?
I don't go to the beach. I usually wear black sneakers with ankle socks with shorts.

Old 06-26-2017, 03:09 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,641,430 times
I'm a guy who has nice pedicured feet, so I show them off. I wear flip-flops a lot!

Old 06-26-2017, 03:48 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago45 View Post
I usually wear black sneakers with ankle socks with shorts.
And that's why your girlfriends have tried to get you to wear sandals.

Switch up the footwear, dude. Get some boat shoes, some loafers, and some athletic sandals for summer.

Old 06-26-2017, 03:51 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
I'm a woman and I hate flip flops. I don't like anything between my toes, it wigs me out! I own two pairs of sandals, and rarely wear them. Mostly because I like skirts, and I can't wear heels, and these are nice sandals that look good with a long skirt, when boots aren't appropriate (like in the summer.) Long white skirt, nice sandals...it works.

I would never tell a man what shoes he ought to wear. My 15 year old son (who is in the identity crisis/fashion disaster phase of life apparently) found a pair of Adidas flipflops that he likes and he wears long athletic socks with them. With shorts and a hoodie, even if it's 90 degrees out, and a fedora. I try to tell him he looks silly, but hey...parents don't know nothin' about nothin'.

I sometimes wish I could waylay a nice looking young girl in public, pay her to tell him he looks silly and should not wear socks with sandals, and then disappear. Just to try to get the point across. But that would just be weird. So I let him do his thing... I hope nobody thinks his footwear choices had anything to do with me! lol

EDIT: Actually I don't judge him TOO harshly, when I think about some of my own clothing choices when I was in 9th grade...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty