Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 09:56 PM

915 posts, read 3,181,820 times

Advertisements

Is there a place I could find an agents that will take a look at our child, to see if he is can be fashionable? All the one I see online, required like payments...

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 10:26 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myselfdotcom View Post
Is there a place I could find an agents that will take a look at our child, to see if he is can be fashionable? All the one I see online, required like payments...

Thanks
Do you mean modeling agent? Do you want to find out if your child could model?
Look up "model agencies" in the yellow pages of the nearest big city to you and find out when they see people. Bring a few different current pictures of your child that are clear so they can get an idea how they photograph. Don't get professional pictures yet. If an agency thinks there is a market for your kids type and look and wants to represent them they will tell you where you should get pictures done and what you need to do from there. Good-luck!

Old 03-19-2008, 01:12 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,034,538 times
One thing to keep in mind. You should not need to pay an agent unless they get work for your child. Anyone who wants you to pay up front is not reputable. In Baltimore you are near NYC. I'd look there.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:19 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
One thing to keep in mind. You should not need to pay an agent unless they get work for your child. Anyone who wants you to pay up front is not reputable. In Baltimore you are near NYC. I'd look there.
Gentlearts is correct. Do not pay anyone anything up front as there is no such thing as any upfront costs.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:29 PM

979 posts, read 3,829,629 times
Yeah if you are talking about MODELING agencies then yes the above are right. I have modeled through one of those stupid models as a kid. My parents fell for it. I as well as they, have learned our lesson. NEVER pay a dime until you are getting legtimate work. There are some reputable agencies in smaller cities but I recommend looking in L.A., Miami, New york. Have your child start with some professional headshots. Where are you from? Maybe you can check agencies online for your area.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziSu View Post
Yeah if you are talking about MODELING agencies then yes the above are right. I have modeled through one of those stupid models as a kid. My parents fell for it. I as well as they, have learned our lesson. NEVER pay a dime until you are getting legtimate work. There are some reputable agencies in smaller cities but I recommend looking in L.A., Miami, New york. Have your child start with some professional headshots. Where are you from? Maybe you can check agencies online for your area.
Don't get professional pictures yet. You wouldn't really know who to shoot with. Wait
until you find out whether your child has a chance and then let the agent suggest some photographer who they know and respect.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:33 PM

Yeah I guess you're right. I guess I had never gotten photos until I started with an agency.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziSu View Post
Yeah I guess you're right. I guess I had never gotten photos until I started with an agency.

Yeah SuziSu, and they can be so expensive! It would be awful to waste the money.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:42 PM

Yes this was a VERY long time ago but I remember them being around $500 or more. and that was 14 yrs ago!

Old 03-19-2008, 06:13 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,188,037 times
My mother claims that when were were really young and playing in Central Park NYC, a man came up to her and wanted to take professional pictures of us. His name was Richard Avedon. At the time, my mother had no idea of who he was, so she never called him up. *sigh*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty