Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 02:13 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Well, it may be subtle enough for you. It's not for others. I find B&BW very strong and overly sweet/flowery. Whether you spray a little or a lot.

If you like it, enjoy. It's not for me. And there's nothing wrong with that.
Did I say that there was something wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 02:15 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I tend towards the spice and herb fragrances, like ginger, rosemary, lime etc.
When I was in Junior High I had a French girlfriend. She use to use "Fa" deodorant and soap. It smelled so good. Back them it was green and smelled like lime. I'm not sure if it the same anymore but this was the company.

I like light scents but have trouble finding ones that linger. I have been wearing Versace's Versense which is light and also Pleasures by Estee Lauder is nice.

I haven't used highly scented creams in a long time.

Last edited by ylisa7; 01-09-2018 at 02:44 PM..

Old 01-09-2018, 02:28 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Did I say that there was something wrong?
Yes, by telling us that we should just apply less.

I think you misunderstand what we're saying. It's not the quantity of the scent, it's the quality. Applying less doesn't resolve the fact that it's too heavy on the sweetness or the citrus or whatever prevalent scent it is. Like when you eat a dessert and it's too rich ... these scents are too rich. Applying less doesn't help.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:48 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:

I think you misunderstand what we're saying. It's not the quantity of the scent, it's the quality. Applying less doesn't resolve the fact that it's too heavy on the sweetness or the citrus or whatever prevalent scent it is. Like when you eat a dessert and it's too rich ... these scents are too rich. Applying less doesn't help.

That's fine and that is your opinion but don't put someone down because they like the scent. That is rude, IMO.

Apparently a lot of women like the scents of B&BW and don't have issues since there are so many stores and scents.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
That's fine and that is your opinion but don't put someone down because they like the scent. That is rude, IMO.
When did I do that?

Old 01-09-2018, 03:14 PM

2,001 posts, read 2,513,608 times
i'm addicted to lancome's "La vie est belle" perfume and lotion

Old 01-09-2018, 03:21 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,318 times
Quote:
You smell wonderful because of the product you're wearing.

Just like you look nice because of the outfit you're wearing.

There's nothing wrong with complementing the person.

Save
How is it a complement to the person?

You have good taste in body wash?

Old 01-09-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
How is it a complement to the person?

You have good taste in body wash?
What's wrong with that? Yes, it's a compliment. People like being told that they've made good choices.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:38 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
Quote:

Lol! Really? I wasn't telling anyone anything, jeez. I was (as I have since I posted in this topic) talking about myself personally. I have not told anyone to do anything. I think you are the one who misunderstood. And I'm done with this. You don't like b&bw scents, I do. The earth continues to rotate on its axis.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:30 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Funny you should ask. I haven't worn it in many years, but at one time I was addicted to Trish McEvoy #9. I was just thinking about seeing if it's still around because it's winter, and I'm craving a good body lotion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty