Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 06:35 AM

7,327 posts, read 12,353,866 times

Advertisements

It seems that the trendy colors apply more to womenswear than they do to menswear. I know with the Spring 2018 color forecasts, IZOD only has two of the predicted colors in their Spring 2018 collection (Ultra Violet and Little Boy Blue). Many of the other colors were brought back from Spring 2017 as well as a few new colors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 07:15 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,702,267 times
Well that explains why some years I can't find anything I want to wear. I tend to wear colors with a blue undertone and some years when the undertone is yellow or red I won't buy anything new. The same with furniture. I remember one year looking for a couch and all the available colors were unappealing to me. The next year there was a plethora of options that it was difficult to make a decision.

Old 03-08-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retire in MB View Post
Well that explains why some years I can't find anything I want to wear. I tend to wear colors with a blue undertone and some years when the undertone is yellow or red I won't buy anything new. The same with furniture. I remember one year looking for a couch and all the available colors were unappealing to me. The next year there was a plethora of options that it was difficult to make a decision.
I personally don't buy many Fall colors, although I did get for Fall 2017 a polo shirt in Fig and button-down shirts in North Sea, Agate Green, and Saltwater Red. I even got a fleece in Fairy Tale which is normally a Spring color but was the only Fall 2017 product in that color.

Old 03-08-2018, 10:06 AM

16,080 posts, read 21,176,728 times
I tend to follow colors to a certain extent, I really love colors. There are certain colors I don't care for or don't look good in so I shy away from those, maybe can do them if they are small accent colors in a pattern.
I hear lilac/lavender is supposed to be an IT color this year. Too bad I look dreadful in it, however I have bought a piece that is mostly turquoise with small pink and lavender flowers in the pattern mix, and another that is black with turquoise flowers and small lavender polka dots. I think I have it covered, lol.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I tend to follow colors to a certain extent, I really love colors. There are certain colors I don't care for or don't look good in so I shy away from those, maybe can do them if they are small accent colors in a pattern.
I hear lilac/lavender is supposed to be an IT color this year. Too bad I look dreadful in it, however I have bought a piece that is mostly turquoise with small pink and lavender flowers in the pattern mix, and another that is black with turquoise flowers and small lavender polka dots. I think I have it covered, lol.
Pantone's color of the year is Ultra Violet, a deep Violet. For my favorite brand, other violet/purple shades that are being offered this spring depending on product are Sheer Lilac (returning from Spring 2017) and Dahlia Purple (returning from Spring 2016 after going on hiatus in Spring 2017).

Old 03-08-2018, 11:43 AM

8,779 posts, read 5,074,069 times
Not everyone looks good in certain colors that are popular. I love coral, don`t care if it`s popular or not. It reminds me of summer and the beach....my favorite things

Old 03-08-2018, 11:48 AM

29,752 posts, read 34,428,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retire in MB View Post
Well that explains why some years I can't find anything I want to wear. I tend to wear colors with a blue undertone and some years when the undertone is yellow or red I won't buy anything new.
Right, you can usually find something black or white, but some seasons it seems like everything is the same shade of coral that looks terrible on me, or that one shade of green that I'm looking for is nowhere to be found.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Right, you can usually find something black or white, but some seasons it seems like everything is the same shade of coral that looks terrible on me, or that one shade of green that I'm looking for is nowhere to be found.
Black and white are year-round colors with almost every brand it seems. I would consider pure red and navy to be year-round as well.

It seems that at least with men's clothing there is the chance that some of the same seasonal colors might return the same season next year alongside some new colors. That is far less likely with women's clothing which usually only offers the trendiest colors.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:04 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,363,220 times
I don't pay any attention to the color of the year or the trendy color. I know what colors look good on me and gravitate towards those. If something I want is only available in a color I don't like, I don't buy it, trendy or not.

I look washed out in most pastels, blue being the exception, so rarely wear them.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:44 PM

1,299 posts, read 824,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
As Katharine Hepburn once said, "Fashion is for the uncourageous."
Love it!

I know by now which colours I'm likely to buy, so if if any of them aren't in stores, I'm not buying. I do most of my clothes shopping in thrift shops, so what's in this season doesn't matter to me a whit that way.

A couple of years ago I was decorating a room in my house, and wanted yellow pillows. Could not find them in stores here, until I found a couple at Wal Mart of all places. Now yellow is everywhere. So that's once in the last 25 years that colour fashion mattered to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty