Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 08:00 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,411,522 times

Advertisements

Ok, the day has finally come, I can no longer afford clinique products. I've faithfully used clinique for almost 30 years, and, I think they're worth it, but our budget doesn't support it anymore.

I continue to use the soap, at $12 a bar it seems expensive until you realize it can last 3 months, just keep it out of the shower!

But, the other stuff---well, I always use a sunscreen and my face really doesn't look my age. So, what is a good, inexpensive brand of facial sunscreen, and night time moisturizer? I sleep under a ceiiling fan, and if I don't use a moisturizer, my face is dried out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 08:27 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,841,371 times
Cetaphil soap and lotion are recommended by dermatologists. They are gentle yet work quite well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:30 PM

110 posts, read 379,472 times
Well, you are not alone...
My friend swears by Olay, and she is an aestetician. Another friend loves Cindy Crawford's Meaningful Beauty, the only problem is you have to order and they ship every 3 mos.
Personally, I tried Garnier, but now I like Aveeno, after giving up Dior...how the times change.
You will have to try a few until you find the perfect match.
Good luck

Old 08-03-2011, 08:12 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,715,382 times
^^^ both of those options don't agree with my skin and make me break out.

What lotion do you use from clinique? Use that as the guide for what you can use. Is it oil based? Water based? For age issues? Acne prone?

Old 08-03-2011, 05:24 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,052,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Cetaphil soap and lotion are recommended by dermatologists. They are gentle yet work quite well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
^^^ What she said. I love Cetaphil for washing my face and body. Except for me personally the moisturizing lotion doesn't work, it's too greasy for me, but if you have very dry skin you should try it. Might work for you. I buy Cetaphil in huge quantities for very cheap at CostCo.

I use organic olive oil for moisturizing and it works great for me. I just use a tiny amount and pat it on. A little bit goes a long way. I've recently been using it on my feet, too. Works so good! Even makes the area around my eyes feel wonderful.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Good, old fashioned Oil of Olay. Use the sensitive skin formula if you have problems with the regular. I also use their facial cleaner.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:18 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,355,097 times
I wash my face with Cetaphil and have just started using Boots No. 7 serum and day cream. The day cream has an spf of 15. I have used Perricone for years, but I am also cutting back on the expensive products. So far I am happy, but time will tell.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:47 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,267,127 times
Mary Lee, I swear by CeRave -- drug store stuff. You can get the PM facial moisturizer, or AM version with sunscreen, or the regular lotion that seems a bit more heavy (I use both becasue sometimes I need something a bit richer) and there is a skin cream, too. None of them are over 15 bucks. Very soothing and gentle.

I have rosacea, and an allergy to coconut oil and soy -- and soy is in everything lately! CeRave is really helping with the redness of rosacea.

There's a hydrating cleanser, too. Around the same price. It really cleans well with out stripping. I've used Cetaphil, and for me it doesn't clean well -- especially makeup. Very much so waterproof mascara. CeRave does. (At least it cleans L'Oreal's waterproof Lash Out, but I only use one coat, and sparingly...)

Old 08-04-2011, 02:51 AM

4 posts, read 21,673 times
Do not use cheap cream, brand cream always gave credit, I once use the cheap one, my face almost destroy!!

Old 08-04-2011, 01:55 PM

11 posts, read 46,812 times
I think one of the most important things a face cream needs these days is sunscreen. I've been searching for a while to find one that I like (and doesn't irritate my skin) and one of my favorites is Eucerin Everyday Protection. I work with Eucerin so I've tried a bunch of their products and another good one is the Redness Relief Daily Perfecting Lotion (SPF 15).

Youcan find either product at any drugstore for around $10-15 a bottle, and you can even get a $1 off coupon on the Eucerin Facebook page to save a little more. Hope you find something that works for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty