Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2018, 09:37 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times

Advertisements

I’m pulling a Pink Jazz here and talking about one brand.

Anyone seek out Lauren jersey dresses?

I’ve gotten a few over the years in different patterns and shapes. They are pretty magical - great shapes and cuts that work well for a bunch of figure types. And pretty timeless. Good for work and dressing up for a night out.

Typical version.

https://www.ralphlauren.com/women-cl...men%2Fclothing

I’ve seem them in florals, solids, abstract print and even sparkles for the holidays. The are easy to find in the outlets and off-price stores (Marshalls et al). And of course Macy’s. Also the sizing is very predictable which is a plus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 11:50 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,594,158 times
I love my bathrobe from RL I purchased 3 years ago in navy blue, it has held up and way comfy ~ Going order another, plus it has come down in price. I paid 100.00! ~ The size run a little large, I'm a size 4 petite and XS was like a S...

https://www.bloomingdales.com/shop/p...Style+%28US%29
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone a fan of Lauren by Ralph Lauren Jersey Dresses-lauren-ralph-lauren-short-shawl-collar  

Old 05-28-2018, 11:10 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I’m pulling a Pink Jazz here and talking about one brand.

Anyone seek out Lauren jersey dresses?

I’ve gotten a few over the years in different patterns and shapes. They are pretty magical - great shapes and cuts that work well for a bunch of figure types. And pretty timeless. Good for work and dressing up for a night out.

Typical version.

https://www.ralphlauren.com/women-cl...men%2Fclothing

I’ve seem them in florals, solids, abstract print and even sparkles for the holidays. The are easy to find in the outlets and off-price stores (Marshalls et al). And of course Macy’s. Also the sizing is very predictable which is a plus.
Yep. I always find them at TJ Maxx and Marshall's, who both get a LOT of RL overstock. They hold up extremely well, no pilling, which is key in jersey dresses. I have several Cynthia Rowley ones, too, from the same retailers, that also resist pilling and have flattering cuts.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:01 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,085,230 times
Most all my dresses are Ralph Lauren. I agree they have flattering cuts that work for more than 1 body type.

Not all my clothing is Ralph Lauren, but I do prefer his dresses.

Old 05-28-2018, 05:48 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,358,184 times
I don't wear dresses often, but I do like the jersey dresses from RL.

I have a a couple of them, both sort of faux wrap style dresses. I think I did buy them both at T.J. Maxx. Last time I needed a new dress, I specifically looked for another one. I didn't like the print at the local Macy's, and they didn't have any at TJ Maxx that year.

Definitely can be dressed up or down. The sleeveless one came with a rhinestone pin in the side of the waist. I wore it to a wedding reception with a silk scarf I used as a wrap. The other, a black and white floral, I've worn to dinner at nicer places. Can't remember why I bought that one, but I really like it.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:45 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,348,840 times
If you were wondering, Lauren Ralph Lauren is essentially the semi-premium brand, slotting above Chaps at the mid-range level but below Polo Ralph Lauren Blue Label at the premium level.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:55 PM

4,993 posts, read 5,296,465 times
I have one Ralph Lauren dress in black and ivory. It's a wrap dress. I've worn it a couple times... a wedding, and a night out with my husband at the theater. It was very flattering.

Old 05-30-2018, 05:31 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,348,840 times
Remember, as stated there is a difference between Polo Ralph Lauren and Lauren Ralph Lauren as far as price (not necessarily quality) goes. Lauren Ralph Lauren slots below the original Polo Ralph Lauren (aka Blue Label) brand in price, but above Chaps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty