Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 11:57 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,857,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
20 years ago, give or take the “perfect”figure was Pamela Anderson, and what people wanted when they got llastic surgery. All boobs no hips. Now it is Beyonce, J.Lo amd Kim K as the plastic surgery inspiration.

Says who? The vast minority of women who seek cosmetic surgery? The majority of women never wanted to--and never will want to--look fat, wherever that bulk is located. Thin will ALWAYS be in.

Believe it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 12:51 PM

19,709 posts, read 12,279,826 times
There is curvy hips, in width, and bubble butts. What girls are going for is bubble butt, which is mostly unnatural for white women. If you look at websites where young men post pics of hot women they often have a woman with a small waist sticking an abnormally large and sharply rounded butt cheeks at the camera. It's just weird. It reminds me of a cat in heat.

I think this switch from emphasis on breasts to buttocks has to do with a few things, some of it political and some sexual. Ugh.

Old 09-11-2018, 01:04 PM

28,694 posts, read 18,846,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
There is curvy hips, in width, and bubble butts. What girls are going for is bubble butt, which is mostly unnatural for white women. If you look at websites where young men post pics of hot women they often have a woman with a small waist sticking an abnormally large and sharply rounded butt cheeks at the camera. It's just weird. It reminds me of a cat in heat.

I think this switch from emphasis on breasts to buttocks has to do with a few things, some of it political and some sexual. Ugh.
There appears to be a genetic proclivity for black women to have that bubble but, but if you look at old photographs of African-American women...you don't see it. It's not there across the 20th century until you get to the late 80s.

And that corresponds with the overall epidemic of obesity in the US.

You don't even see as great an incidence of "bubble butt" in African women as you see today in African-American women.

It may be something that is fashionably celebrated right now, but I'm afraid it's actually a harbinger of a coming epidemic of diabetes and high blood pressure deaths that is going to look like genocide against African-Americans in about 30 years.

Old 09-11-2018, 01:18 PM

15,642 posts, read 26,294,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
And this was noted by the coroner with such precision for why?
Because if a coroner isn’t precise, his findings will become suspect, won’t be any good in court and he’ll lose his job.

Old 09-11-2018, 01:30 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,134,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post

I know many older people who grew up in the 1940's and 50's tell me that White women were never this curvy as they are today. Basicially there weren't that many Kim Kardashian types walking around. They are not genetically built like women of African descent. Also another person told me that's why a woman like Marilyn Monroe became such a big sex symbol during that time period because it was rare to find a White women with a body type like her. Nowadays you will see White Women that rival the bodies of Black women. Did all of these big breast and butts just magically appear on White women? How did all of these non-Black women get all that "junk in the trunk"?
Just so you know, Kim Kardashian does not identify with being white but as an Armenian woman of color.

Only people with European backgrounds identify as white. None of my Latino friends do and those women have curves.

Me? Hungarian and have the booty to prove it.

Old 09-11-2018, 02:02 PM

19,709 posts, read 12,279,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Just so you know, Kim Kardashian does not identify with being white but as an Armenian woman of color.

Only people with European backgrounds identify as white. None of my Latino friends do and those women have curves.

Me? Hungarian and have the booty to prove it.
Kardashian is white. Her mom is European and dad Armenian. White, and her butt is enhanced.

I have no idea why women (and men) are buying into this look of fat butts. I worked out incessantly to ty to get rid of mine and now it's supposed to be a good thing. And I would rather have people look at my front side where my face is. It is embarrassing walking away knowing men are staring at your ass and they make comments behind your back.

Old 09-11-2018, 02:19 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,134,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Kardashian is white. Her mom is European and dad Armenian. White, and her butt is enhanced.

I have no idea why women (and men) are buying into this look of fat butts. I worked out incessantly to ty to get rid of mine and now it's supposed to be a good thing. And I would rather have people look at my front side where my face is. It is embarrassing walking away knowing men are staring at your ass and they make comments behind your back.
Kim Kardashian does not identify as being white. Her sisters Kylie and Kendell do.

Old 09-11-2018, 02:57 PM

4,567 posts, read 5,438,345 times
Quote:
The changing beauty standards of non-Black women.

How did all of these non-Black women get all that "junk in the trunk"?
Its all thanks to Crossfit, Vinyasa Yoga, and a better understanding of health/fitness and nutrition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_qa1smc8Ho

Old 09-11-2018, 03:58 PM

2,001 posts, read 2,516,568 times
Quote:
When you look at the historical beauty standards of the USA, it is no secret that Black women have been known for their curvy bodies and being voluptuous while White women collectively have been known to be more slender and less curvy bodies. Fast forward to modern society and the beauty standards seem to have change. It seems that it is more common now to see more White women and non-Black women with big butts with a small waist.

I know many older people who grew up in the 1940's and 50's tell me that White women were never this curvy as they are today. Basicially there weren't that many Kim Kardashian types walking around. They are not genetically built like women of African descent. Also another person told me that's why a woman like Marilyn Monroe became such a big sex symbol during that time period because it was rare to find a White women with a body type like her. Nowadays you will see White Women that rival the bodies of Black women. Did all of these big breast and butts just magically appear on White women? How did all of these non-Black women get all that "junk in the trunk"?
Tt's the food industry. we all eat the sugar and processed foods and get "curvy". Even the children

Old 09-11-2018, 04:09 PM

1,996 posts, read 3,167,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Says who? The vast minority of women who seek cosmetic surgery? The majority of women never wanted to--and never will want to--look fat, wherever that bulk is located. Thin will ALWAYS be in.

Believe it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
There appears to be a genetic proclivity for black women to have that bubble but, but if you look at old photographs of African-American women...you don't see it. It's not there across the 20th century until you get to the late 80s.

And that corresponds with the overall epidemic of obesity in the US.

You don't even see as great an incidence of "bubble butt" in African women as you see today in African-American women.

It may be something that is fashionably celebrated right now, but I'm afraid it's actually a harbinger of a coming epidemic of diabetes and high blood pressure deaths that is going to look like genocide against African-Americans in about 30 years.
Again, you have white people equating overweight = curves.

Just because a women has curves or a big butt, does not mean she is overweight. That is just how she was made.

Quote:
"If you look at old photographs of black women....."
What are you talking about? Where are you finding old photos of black women? How old are you talking about? In these old photos, how are you seeing these ladies' butts???
"
Quote:
"You don't even see as great an incidence of "bubble butt" in African women...."
How do you know this? Do you live in an area with a lot of African immigrants...or have you been to Africa??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty