Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 12:05 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Per the census categories, Armenians are white though.

https://ajammc.com/2017/08/29/armeni...eness-america/
Again, Kim does not personally identify as white. Just as the cast of Shahs of Sunset do not, Middle Eastern. Armenia is not part of Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 12:10 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,624,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
You can be fat and curveless,you are all aware right?

Candace Swaponoel? is skinny and curvy.
There are lots of barrel shaped or just plain fat women advertising themselves as 'curvy' on dating sites.

Candace Swanepoel is definitely not 'skinny'. Thin, yes. Curvy? I don't think it works that way. Curvy REQUIRES some amount of fat. She is thin in the middle and has wider hip bones, that's it.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Just so you know, Kim Kardashian does not identify with being white but as an Armenian woman of color.

Only people with European backgrounds identify as white. None of my Latino friends do and those women have curves.

Me? Hungarian and have the booty to prove it.
So as a Hungarian, do you consider yourself white?

I'm half Hungarian and half-jokingly refer to myself as half-Hungarian and half-White.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Kim Kardashian does not identify as being white. Her sisters Kylie and Kendell do.
She can identify as an Apache attack helicopter, but it doesn't change the facts.

Armenians are every bit as white as Greeks or Serbs or Italians.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Again, Kim does not personally identify as white. Just as the cast of Shahs of Sunset do not, Middle Eastern. Armenia is not part of Europe.
Obviously you are mistaking 'white' for 'European'. They are not identical. Many European nationalities actually originated in the steppes of Central Asia.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:43 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
Obviously you are mistaking 'white' for 'European'. They are not identical. Many European nationalities actually originated in the steppes of Central Asia.
The prevalent anthropological theory of the evolution and migration of modern humans posits that the origin of our species is Africa (link), so when you get right down to it, all we Americans are African Americans.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:55 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
There is a wide array of builds in people of every race.

Saying, "White women are slender and less curvy" is B.S.
Exactly. I went to high school with white girls who were 5' 4" tall and 38-26-44, and that was 55 years ago.

Old 09-12-2018, 06:38 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
White, according our census and the way we categorize people doesn’t refer exclusively to people wit “European” roots. People from. North Africa, Central Asia and the Middle East all check the “white” box based on the definitions in our demographic designations.

Old 09-12-2018, 08:00 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,024,271 times
Okay...I mentioned in a post earlier in this thread that I think carrying a little more weight nowadays can make people seem more curvy.

Again, I don't mean that fat = curvy. There are plenty of overweight women who are very curvy and who have hourglass figures...just with extra fat on top. There are also plenty of overweight women who don't have much of a "shape" at all.

Additionally, there are lots of thinner and average women who are curvy and many who are not.

However, when y'all mention extreme examples of curvyness in thin women, that's not really what I'm talking about.

Of course, there are always the extreme examples. I took the OP as meaning more a general population type of thing, but maybe I'm wrong.

Many women are curvy and have hourglass or pear shapes, but not in an extreme sense. I am one of them. I'm 5'8". My curves were still there when I was 120, but they're more noticeable now that I'm around 150. I wasn't overweight then and am not overweight now.

All I'm saying is that AVERAGE (not extreme) curves may be more noticeable with a little more weight...

Old 09-12-2018, 08:27 PM

4,566 posts, read 5,421,205 times
WOW has this thread gone off topic with the back and forth bantering of just a couple of posters. Mod note: True. The thread was hijacked multiple times. The most recent off-topic posts have been deleted.

Bottom line is (like I already posted in this thread), people are absolutely more concerned with fitness that they are now obtaining outstanding bodies as a result. I've seen white, asian (from China), indian and even middle eastern women here in Los Angeles (UCLA, USC, Westwood, Santa Monica, etc.) with OUTSTANDING bodies. All as a result from yoga, pilates, running, crossfit, proper nutrition. It also helps that stretchy yoga type pants are all the norm to show off as well.

Unfortunately, a lot of black women seem to think that having giant booty bodies like Nikki Minaj and/or Blac Chyna is attractive. IT ISNT!! As much as I love Nikki Minaj, she needs to absolutely drop double digits in pounds and inches to be physically attractive.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-13-2018 at 09:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty