Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 11:28 AM

11,089 posts, read 6,681,584 times

Advertisements

I know "they say" everyone looks better with a smile, but as long as it's not a RBF, I don't think that's necessarily true.

I look much better "sober", like the old-time photos. Just don't have a good smile, but I do smile a lot. Not bad teeth, just....something else. Same with my husband.

Three or four friends I can think of, have DAZZLING smiles. I notice it every single time they smile.

What a nice feature to have! What about you?

I seem to recall, for some visa-type photo, we were told NOT to smile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2018, 03:46 PM

10,918 posts, read 7,440,288 times
I look a lot better with a genuine smile. Without one, I do have RBF. And a fake smile looks awful.

Old 09-22-2018, 04:14 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,988,565 times
Unfortunately, I do have RBF, and a smile always looks better on me than my normal face. The other night, we were at a party and when I got home, I realized that I had forgotten to smile at a new couple I met there. I could smack myself because I didn't remember to rearrange my face into a smile for them. They probably think I'm an actual b*tch.

It took me years to figure out that I absolutely must remember to smile at everyone all the time.

Old 09-22-2018, 08:32 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,084,656 times
No, I don't like my smile. I think my lips are too small/I show too much gum when I smile. And I have a teeny-tiny gap between my two front teeth.

I just try to keep a smile in my eyes because I'm sure I look like a B if not.

Old 09-22-2018, 08:40 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,140,396 times
I have a nice smile and am loving it more these days by using a whitening kit from the dentist. The kit is working great and was surprisingly affordable. The process is gradual but not painful like sitting under lights. I’ll be smiling a lot at my upcoming trip to a reunion.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:09 PM

157 posts, read 93,668 times
I'm not crazy about my smile. My full on, full teeth smile is kind of square and takes over my face. It's never stopped me from smiling or laughing, of course, but it's one of the reasons there are so few pictures of me.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:16 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,399,924 times
I like the way smiling makes me feel and how other people respond to me when I smile, so I try to do it often. As for whether or not I find my smile aesthetically pleasing, I suppose so. It's not something I really think about.

Old 09-22-2018, 10:19 PM

468 posts, read 358,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
No, I don't like my smile. I think my lips are too small/I show too much gum when I smile. And I have a teeny-tiny gap between my two front teeth.

I just try to keep a smile in my eyes because I'm sure I look like a B if not.
A smile in the eyes is the best smile of them all.

Old 09-22-2018, 10:33 PM

468 posts, read 358,104 times
I'm a happy man so I often appear to have a perpetual smile on my face...

Two examples from last year Thanksgiving time...sitting in my car and I remember it was quite chilly and the next picture is at Thanksgiving time with a great man and one of my best friends ever....His name is Dwain and he use to enjoy pulling the weeds in my yard each sprnig/summer and edging etc and just making my house yard look nice....his wife had terrible emphysema which required a constant oxygen tank but she was a real trooper and never ever complained...

Two of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet and sadly his wife passed away 2 years ago and Dwain has been so lonely and lost without her ( he is now 88 )...so I go visit him a couple of times each week to shoot the breeze and to make him smile and laugh too.....as I firmly believe that laughter is the best medicine....even for a sad and/or lonely heart.

Last edited by Yac; 09-25-2018 at 12:10 AM..

Old 09-23-2018, 02:45 AM

765 posts, read 475,165 times
I love love love my smile. It is an entity unto itself. It is infectious. It isn't so much dazzling as it is warm, truly sincere and genuine. for an old geezer? when i smile, i look 20 years younger. never ever vain, i haven't felt the need to wear makeup in my entire life .... my smile was my passport to the world
Attached Thumbnails
Do you like your smile?-me-july-resized.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty