Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 09:37 PM

10,626 posts, read 12,177,945 times

Advertisements

Not "tiny" -- because of your height. 5'8" isn't super short (or short at all really). You're just thin. That's all.

"Tiny" IMO would be short AND thin.
For example, Little People are tiny in a general sense, compared to others. IMO
I had a male co-worker who was like 5'3" -- but because he was very heavy, I don't know that I'd say he was "tiny." He was certainly very short. But I don't know that I'd say he was "tiny" just because he was only very short.

Is your size bothering you? Did someone say something about it? What makes you wonder if you're "tiny?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 09:39 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,188,488 times
Small

Old 10-01-2018, 09:41 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,526,132 times
If you’re in shape like a UFC fighter then who cares if you are 125?

If you are a nerdy rail ... then get in the gym... you’ll probably pack 15-20 lbs o n fast.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:44 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,543,564 times
Weird, as I'd never call a guy petite, nor have I ever heard anyone else call a guy petite. Not sure if they meant anything by it other than you're thin. Maybe if you're effeminate it might have subconsciously influenced people to call you petite, as that's usually a term used to describe females.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:47 PM

587 posts, read 425,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeCPA View Post
Maybe if you're effeminate it might have subconsciously influenced people to call you petite, as that's usually a term used to describe females.
I think you are right

Old 10-01-2018, 10:40 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,386,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krosser100 View Post
I basically only eat fried chicken, ice cream, cookies & chips !
You need to eat more of it, and more often.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:07 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,929,073 times
My husband is 5'8" and 180 pounds. He could probably stand to lose 20 pounds, and you would probably look more filled out if you gained 20 or 30 pounds. But no one should be calling you tiny or petite, it's not polite to comment on another person's size unless you've asked for their opinion.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:08 PM

10,626 posts, read 12,177,945 times
How old are you?

If you're 18 and eating only "fried chicken, ice cream, cookies & chips" -- just keep living.
Aside from a medial condition, as you age eventually your metabolism may slow and you should/could pick up some weight.

If you're already a full adult, say older than 30 or 40, you still could eventually gain a bit of weight.
But you may just have to accept your general physical build type....examples:

Actors John Goodman, Billy Crystal, Jimmy "J.J." Walker and Clint Eastwood are all general body types.
-- Goodman, no matter how much weight he loses, may always be considered "a big guy" just because of his frame and build.
-- Crystal is average height, when younger he weighed 130 lbs (think I heard him say)...now he's older and a very little bit heavier from general aging most likely, but certainly he has the same "body type" he's always had.
-- Jimmy Walker and Clint Eastwood are tall lanky types, with Eastwood taller, at 6'4". Walker has picked up a teeny bit of paunch, but Eastwood is 88 and always was -- and still is -- skinny as a rail. He never did pick up any weight. It just wasn't his body type.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:39 PM

587 posts, read 425,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
How old are you?

If you're 18 and eating only "fried chicken, ice cream, cookies & chips" -- just keep living.
Aside from a medial condition, as you age eventually your metabolism may slow and you should/could pick up some weight.

If you're already a full adult, say older than 30 or 40, you still could eventually gain a bit of weight.
But you may just have to accept your general physical build type....examples:

Actors John Goodman, Billy Crystal, Jimmy "J.J." Walker and Clint Eastwood are all general body types.
-- Goodman, no matter how much weight he loses, may always be considered "a big guy" just because of his frame and build.
-- Crystal is average height, when younger he weighed 130 lbs (think I heard him say)...now he's older and a very little bit heavier from general aging most likely, but certainly he has the same "body type" he's always had.
-- Jimmy Walker and Clint Eastwood are tall lanky types, with Eastwood taller, at 6'4". Walker has picked up a teeny bit of paunch, but Eastwood is 88 and always was -- and still is -- skinny as a rail. He never did pick up any weight. It just wasn't his body type.
I'm in my early 30s

I accept my size, but it it just that several people have brought it up to me

Even when I went to Asia, looking for clothes, I found the "S" mens' adult sizes were still too big for me?!

I almost always have to alter my clothes for them to fit/ look trimly (which is how I like the look, not sloppy or baggy). But I secretly find some items in the childrens' sections sometimes (even though I am in my early 30s) if they are neutral styles

Old 10-02-2018, 12:22 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,950,187 times
I think for an Asian adult male you are actually taller than average but if you were comparing to general population you would be on the shorter side. While weight is not a definitive measure for body composition I would still say that you could probably use some extra pounds (muscle).

And who cares where you have to buy your clothes. It's better to find appropriate fitting clothes than to wear an "adult" size just because you're an adult. When I was a younger adult I had to go into the teen section to find correctly fitted items. Even now at my age (in my fifties) you can still see my in the child's section for shoes because even though I am between a 5-6 in adult shoe size, they never stock many of these sizes and I can easily fit in a child size and pay less :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty