Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 01:54 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I guess not. You'd think if mass produced they would be competitively priced. If and when I ever get to that point, I want cat or dog prints on mine.
I haven't bothered to look. I do know that Zyrtec from a chain pharmacy costs quite a bit more than the Equate brand from Walmart. I suspect that the trim underwear with flowers or prints is being introduced by the leading (name brand) manufacturers first and cost more than the puffy, white, discount ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 02:01 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
So it's not the price of the product that bothers you; it's just that you feel squeamish about seeing ads for such items? Well, I've got news for you: mild to severe incontinence is a pretty wide-spread problem that unfortunately does not get the attention it deserves from either the medical profession or the market for products like the one that has weirdly offended your sensibilities.
So true. I have read that there are more adult diapers sold than ones for children.

Old 10-27-2018, 03:06 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
They're what I would call high-priced. If you google fashionable incontinence panties, you'll see. However if you google incontinence underwear you'll see less expensive versions.

Here's a very lovely pair that are three for $40+

https://www.amazon.com/3-Pack-Regula...07D1DGJHW&th=1
No one is saying that they aren't expensive. I would expect incontinence underwear to be more expensive than regular underwear. Just questioning the assertion that "companies [are] raking in the money for sticking a flower on a pair of incontenance pants" I haven't seen any evidence of flowered varieties being more expensive than their unadorned counterparts.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:19 PM

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
They're what I would call high-priced. If you google fashionable incontinence panties, you'll see. However if you google incontinence underwear you'll see less expensive versions.

Here's a very lovely pair that are three for $40+

https://www.amazon.com/3-Pack-Regula...07D1DGJHW&th=1
Geeze, you can get a whole case of kid's pull ups for that much.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Geeze, you can get a whole case of kid's pull ups for that much.
What adult would want to wear anything as bulky as a kid's pull up?

They're expensive because it's not easy to create underwear that is discreet, absorbent, and not demoralizing to wear.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:45 PM

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
What adult would want to wear anything as bulky as a kid's pull up?

They're expensive because it's not easy to create underwear that is discreet, absorbent, and not demoralizing to wear.

Well, maybe so, but my nephew's pull ups are pretty darn thin. It's amazing how much better disposable diapers are now.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:55 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,174,886 times
No one sees my underwear but me, but I can't bring myself to wear white "granny panty" briefs. I like pretty underwear; it makes me feel nice. So if I ever get to the point where I need incontinence undies, I'd probably like a flower on them, and frankly, since no one else sees it, it's none of their business, right?

Old 10-27-2018, 04:56 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,967,886 times
Okay (she said, sighing, anticipating the jokes) here’s what I use:

https://www.amazon.com/Depend-Silhou...orr&ref=sr_1_7

They don’t show under yoga pants and they are reasonable at about $1.08/each on average if you shop around. Three colors (beige, black and purple) to a box.

Note this is the moderate absorbency. Maximum absorbency will show under yoga pants.

I do like the more feminine styles people have linked to and will try some of those.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Well, maybe so, but my nephew's pull ups are pretty darn thin. It's amazing how much better disposable diapers are now.
Still not something an active adult would relish wearing.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:44 PM

6,868 posts, read 4,870,251 times
They should have to suggest that a woman go see her doctor about surgery to correct the problem before settling for incontinence undies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty