Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2018, 10:16 AM

7,329 posts, read 12,393,130 times

Advertisements

I recently bought for my second cousin from Puerto Rico a sleep shirt by Macy's private label Ande. I was wondering, does anyone have any experiences with this brand? How is the quality? How is the fit? I thought this brand would be nice for her since they are available in familiar shades of pink (Fairy Tale and Cradle Pink) and pink is her favorite color, and she has a lot of pink sleepwear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 10:27 AM

16,434 posts, read 12,589,516 times
Buying sleepware for your female second cousin?

No, nothing odd about that.

Sorry ... I have no experience with the brand.

Old 11-02-2018, 10:43 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,274,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Buying sleepware for your female second cousin?

No, nothing odd about that.

Sorry ... I have no experience with the brand.
This. Stop buying clothing of any kind for distant relatives. Get a gift card at best. I would think it was really bizarre if my kid received a pajama gift from a grown man.

And you already said she has lots of sleepwear. You are obsessed literally obsessed with pink....maybe she isn't.

And some realllllllly obscure "label"? Lawd.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
This. Stop buying clothing of any kind for distant relatives. Get a gift card at best. I would think it was really bizarre if my kid received a pajama gift from a grown man.

And you already said she has lots of sleepwear. You are obsessed literally obsessed with pink....maybe she isn't.

And some realllllllly obscure "label"? Lawd.
I do know for a fact that pink is her favorite color.

At least for my male friends and family I have been buying less pink than I have in the past. For my pastor's birthday this month I bought a blue gingham button down. For my grandfather for Christmas I bought some beige golf shorts.

For my other second cousin I bought her accessories from Stein Mart.

For my younger first cousins I bought them gift cards (a Forever 21 gift card for my younger female first cousin, and a Chili's gift card for my younger male first cousin). Still undecided on my older first cousin but I am thinking a Banana Republic gift card.

For my aunt in Puerto Rico (I will be going there for Christmas) I bought her a blouse from Stein Mart. I just need to figure out what to give my grandmothers, but one of my grandmothers probably needs money.

My brother I will probably give him an Amazon gift card.

My mother I will probably buy her a Stein Mart gift card. My father I will probably buy him a new belt.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:49 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,089,201 times
You must have a small family. I don't even buy for first cousins. We draw names at Thanksgiving for a Christmas gift exchange and call it a day.

It's pajamas, I'm sure they are fine...

Old 11-02-2018, 03:07 PM

15,161 posts, read 27,887,814 times
I personally think you don't buy someone clothing (certainly not your pastor!!!) - unless you know them really, really, really well!

Old 11-02-2018, 03:38 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,274,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I do know for a fact that pink is her favorite color.

At least for my male friends and family I have been buying less pink than I have in the past. For my pastor's birthday this month I bought a blue gingham button down. For my grandfather for Christmas I bought some beige golf shorts.

For my other second cousin I bought her accessories from Stein Mart.

For my younger first cousins I bought them gift cards (a Forever 21 gift card for my younger female first cousin, and a Chili's gift card for my younger male first cousin). Still undecided on my older first cousin but I am thinking a Banana Republic gift card.

For my aunt in Puerto Rico (I will be going there for Christmas) I bought her a blouse from Stein Mart. I just need to figure out what to give my grandmothers, but one of my grandmothers probably needs money.

My brother I will probably give him an Amazon gift card.

My mother I will probably buy her a Stein Mart gift card. My father I will probably buy him a new belt.
I know you probably mean well but do NOT buy clothing for your pastor or a blouse for your aunt.

People would much prefer the cash you spend on stuff YOU like vs. them.

Old 11-02-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I personally think you don't buy someone clothing (certainly not your pastor!!!) - unless you know them really, really, really well!
I know all these people very well. I keep in contact with them a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty