Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 12:58 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,931,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey86 View Post
I like being tan because it makes me look thinner, and my teeth whiter, and i have to wear less makeup because i no longer have circles under my eyes....

but whenever i tan, i feel guilty and get paranoid about the long-term effects....and a few people i know who are "tanaholics" are my age, or a couple years older than me, and they look TEN years older than me...and thats NOT attractive.
IMHO, the long-term effects of tanning on someone's skin far outweigh the short-term aesthetic benefits. Especially for someone like me, with super pale Irish skin--I'm happy to say I haven't never tanned or burned my skin. I know that if I was more careless I'd have to deal with the effects of sun damage down the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 11:56 AM

1,806 posts, read 5,707,580 times
Asian pressed rice powder or talc, dusted over LIGHTLY with a very full, fluffy brush. (My skin is too dry now, shows every wrinkle, but on young skin - works.)

Loreal had shades that would wear lightly enough without looking like paint, but it's been so many years...also, the translucents were something I always hunted down.

I don't wear cosmetics anymore unless for a special occasion, but out of curiosity I am going to try a sample of the minerals. Again, because my skin is so dry, may not work for me now.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:20 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,167,485 times
I'm Irish -American with pale complexion and find that no foundation is fine as long as women use mascara and sometimes eyeliner. Accentuating the eyes is essential-to me.
If I have on my mascara and a little lip color and my hair is clean and shiny then I am good to go.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:25 PM

320 posts, read 1,070,264 times
I love the Prescriptives custom blend makeup. You sit there and they match it to your skin EXACTLY.

Now, the bad news: this cosmetics line is being shut down. My only hope is that since it is owned by Estee Lauder, they will move the custom blend option to one of their other lines. You could keep an eye out for that.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:29 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post
YAY for super pale chicks!

I've finally, after a long time searching, have found luck in Make Up For Ever's Face and Body Foundation in shade Pink-36. I have issues because most pale makeup is still to yellow for my pink-ish skin tone. This is the first I've found that actually isn't yellow-based.

Here's a link for it for Sephora: Sephora: MAKE UP FOR EVER Face & Body Liquid Makeup: Liquid Foundation

PS--I used to live in FL and now I live in Southern CA, both not exactly places teeming with super pale people.
That line looks like it has a lot of good range too. If you have to go cheap and yellow for whatever reasons try a purple primer or finishing powder to cancel out the yellow tones. NYX makes a purple finishing dust, your make-up forever makes a purple primer, smashbox has a primer and everyday minerals makes a purple concealer.

(those are just the ones I know)

But even try it with what you have and it just makes your face look babydoll perfect. You may need a bit of blush if you use a purple. I think the more mauve blushes work best on pale skin with yellow tendencies.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:11 PM

2 posts, read 1,607 times
It took me a looong time to find any foundations that match my pale skin. I would suggest going to Sephora to find a foundation. They have a new thing called skinID or something where they can match your skin color to products in the store. The Kat Von D foundation goes really pale. And Illamasqua has a white foundation that you can mix with their darker foundations. MAC has a foundation (only available in pro stores or online) called the 'full coverage foundation' that comes in nc15, w10, and also in white(for mixing) (I think those are the colours).
Good luck with finding something that works!

Old 11-06-2013, 10:32 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
I am pale but not ivory. My skin is sort of peachy. I can relate to the trouble you are having. It is hard for me to find lipsticks, especially, but often makeup lines don't make a light enough shade for me. I've found that for some of us, Revlon has the best colors. I can't find the right sort of lipsticks anywhere else. And they seem to dig light complexions. I'd try finding what I wanted at the Revlon counter.

Something else to try is Loreal. They've come out with a lot of different tones in their makeup line. I don't know how their light selection is, but with all the choices they might have something.

And, once a few years back, I had someone at Ulta recommend a foundation for me. I still wear it, although not as often as before, now. It is a Smashbox product. If you presented yourself to the folks at Ulta, you might get a good rec for products.

Being pale is a pain. But I imagine you have beautiful skin. So, you are right to take good care of it.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:46 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
I am very fair, and for the most part, I just don't wear foundation. If I need coverage for any reason, I've been using Coty Airspun powder for years...it is matte and gives more coverage than the typical powder, and comes in very light shades as well as translucent colorless. It was essentially made for very fair skinned people, and is a cosmetic classic (try to find the original cardboard packaging style, not the newer plastic packaging)...been around forever. It gives the impression of being poreless without being cakey or mask-like, as it is quite finely milled. For me, it negates the need for foundation at all. I usually just put it on as soon as my moisturizer has been absorbed.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:22 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
I take pride in my pale skin, as it's not something you see too much anymore, especially in happy and healthy Floridian teenagers. I keep it fresh and clean and out of the sun, but I have a problem...

I can't find a product that matches my colour. At all. Even the palest of the pale products don't match my colour. Worse yet, instead of having colour on my cheeks, it sets in around my nose and makes it look like I have a perpetual cold. Even worse than that is how I've got several tones of ivory in my skin... though not that noticeable, it's enough.

Pale chicks! Do you have any products that match your skin's tone without making you look deathly ill?
I'm very light skin, I don't wear foundations, just Neutrogena SPF 30 ...

Old 11-07-2013, 06:58 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
I take pride in my pale skin, as it's not something you see too much anymore, especially in happy and healthy Floridian teenagers. I keep it fresh and clean and out of the sun, but I have a problem...

I can't find a product that matches my colour. At all. Even the palest of the pale products don't match my colour. Worse yet, instead of having colour on my cheeks, it sets in around my nose and makes it look like I have a perpetual cold. Even worse than that is how I've got several tones of ivory in my skin... though not that noticeable, it's enough.

Pale chicks! Do you have any products that match your skin's tone without making you look deathly ill?
People think that because I have a lot of color in my cheeks naturally, that I am a darker hue than I actually am. In fact, I have to use the very lightest foundations. I agree - it's hard to find something that doesn't go yellow or brown on me.

I've finally settled with Super BB cream - the kind from Korea. Then I finish it off with a dusting of powder to set it. Don't be alarmed - it looks positively GRAY when you first put it on, but it immediately blends in seamlessly, and it's light, moisturizing, and has sunscreen in it. I love it!

Amazon.com: SKIN79 Super+ Beblesh Balm BB Cream VIP Gold (Gold Label) 40g (Autheticity label & perforations with Free Hot Pink Sample!!!): Beauty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty