Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 07:51 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,493,841 times

Advertisements

I've never been more perplexed and it's probably just me, but I cannot stand elastic ankles on sweats. Why in the world would I want my comfy warm sweatpants to bunch up and expose my ankle or other skin constantly forcing me to push them back down. Sorry I am not wearing long socks jacked up to cover, that looks even weirder to me.

What brought this about was the endless search for my wife, we both enjoy wearing lounge gear at home with loose bottom sweats and hoodies, but it seems VS has cleared their inventory and now only has these bungee bottoms that look atrocious. I'm on the hunt for a good quality women's sweats that have open boots, so far I've hit walls so if you have suggestions I am open to them. It's quite an annoyance for me because even men's styling seems to be going the route of the elastic bottom, thankfully Nautica still makes a good loose fit sweat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 09:53 PM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
^^ I just bought a pair of Russell brand open bottom sweatpants.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:32 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
This only works if you are short enough: I buy elastic bottom sweats and cut the elastic off the bottom. It works for me. I'm wearing a pair right now. The bottom is pretty generous.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:48 PM

3,067 posts, read 2,394,719 times
Here you go. I love these. Now I just wish they'd make a hoodie without the tight bottom band.

https://www.nyandcompany.com/velour-...-prod14710007/

Old 12-05-2018, 07:54 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,056,040 times
I'm just the opposite! I don't like sweats that have non-banded ankles. I find the ankle bands keep them from riding up when sitting or working, exercising in them. Open ankles flop and flap around, etc... and I just find banded ankles more comfortable in general.

To each their own, I suppose...

Old 12-05-2018, 08:19 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
I've never been more perplexed and it's probably just me, but I cannot stand elastic ankles on sweats. Why in the world would I want my comfy warm sweatpants to bunch up and expose my ankle or other skin constantly forcing me to push them back down. Sorry I am not wearing long socks jacked up to cover, that looks even weirder to me.

What brought this about was the endless search for my wife, we both enjoy wearing lounge gear at home with loose bottom sweats and hoodies, but it seems VS has cleared their inventory and now only has these bungee bottoms that look atrocious. I'm on the hunt for a good quality women's sweats that have open boots, so far I've hit walls so if you have suggestions I am open to them. It's quite an annoyance for me because even men's styling seems to be going the route of the elastic bottom, thankfully Nautica still makes a good loose fit sweat.

I know someone who bought sweatpants for their son because he needed elastic waist pants.

They bought the ones with the elastic around the ankle because they were easier to find and less expensive.
They cut a small hole/slit on the inside of the hem and clipped the elastic and pulled the elastic out.

They look like the ones made without elastic and they last just as long. No raveling or anything.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:56 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,409,952 times
I cannot wear nothing but Joggers (elastic at ankles). I actually get really bothered by the flappy wide leg ankles on sweats especially while running or working out because its really annoying and distracting.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:58 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
I have six or seven pairs of Hastings and Smith sweat pants with open legs. I, too, dislike the elastic ankle thing. They're well-made with elastic waist and side pockets. Quite comfortable.

I bought these at Boscov's and they wear like iron. As I recall, they were bought after Christmas and were half price, but even at full price they are relatively inexpensive.

Currently, they seem to be available on-line with FREE shipping on orders over $25.

Old 12-07-2018, 12:11 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,409,952 times
Matter of fact, I donated a bag full of wide leg sweat pants to salvation army last month. I replace them all with Joggers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty