Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 09:33 AM

50,828 posts, read 36,538,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeCPA View Post
My answer to the OP's question would be a definite "No". That said, younger women are GENERALLY more desirable by men due to their physical characteristics. I believe this is prevalent throughout nature. There are many factors in attractiveness for a woman. Her physical features, personality, financial position, etc. Different men places different values on these factors. I don't understand what the purpose of this thread is. I thought it was common knowledge that younger people (both men and women but more so women) are more attractive to the opposite sex than older people.
The purpose or the thread is that OP is a young 20 year old woman. She keeps hearing on forums about how all young girls and women are beautiful. However she does not consider herself beautiful. She feels like an outlier in this respect. So she’s asking are all young girls beautiful the unspoken part is “except me?”. It’s easy to think all young people are beautiful if you get all your information from television forums and social media etc. To me again it goes back to the pressure that young people are under today to look a certain way.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixfeetunder View Post
My acne is hormone related and genetic(I was the unlucky one to only inherit the unfortunate gene (( )

Since age 18 & 19, I was prescribed birth control and Spironolactone for my hormonal acne and both were extremely unsuccessful with treating my acne. In fact, it made it 100x times worse. I'm trying to find a naturopathic doctor that can help without strong medications that leave severe side effects and not just band-aid my acne.

Fortunately, throughout the past 2 years, I've noticed that my acne and overall hair, skin, and nails dramatically improved and cleared once I began to drink green smoothies on a strict consistent basis. Along with consuming A LOT of fish, chicken, eggs, beans, soups, whole grains, fruits/vegetables, healthy fats/nuts, etc. It helped my body & my skin was literally so clear, rosy, and vibrant and this was all with just eating better and eliminating processed junk foods & especially dairy.
As someone who has had acne her entire life, (although never as bad as my brother) I want to add, that having oily acne prone skin will benefit you later. In 20 years you may look a decade younger than your peers who have perfect skin now.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:54 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
As someone who has had acne her entire life, (although never as bad as my brother) I want to add, that having oily acne prone skin will benefit you later. In 20 years you may look a decade younger than your peers who have perfect skin now.
I totally agree with this. My boyfriend had horrible acne when he was young and they actually put him on a medication that made it feel like all the skin on his body was painfully burning all the time...for YEARS, when he was a teenager. And yes, he told his doctor about this effect and no, they didn't suggest he stop taking it. Poor guy, huh??

But now he is 60, and I've asked people now and then, to guess his age. They ALWAYS guess it at least ten years younger, if not more. 48 is the most common guess.

Other factors have helped, I know. He hasn't always had the best diet, but he has never been addicted to any drug, never been a heavy imbiber of the boozahol, and never smoked anything ever. He's improved his diet in response to some digestive issues (as an older fella, his system is a bit more sensitive) and he's lost weight even from when we first met. I think he looks great!

To those adults who still struggle with acne, you have my sympathy. I do, too (at 40.) And I cannot use anything containing salicylic acid, it makes my skin go bananas with itchy rashy red bumps. Makes everything worse. The pores on my nose and cheeks look huge to me and I don't think there's much I can do about that.

But I tell ya one thing... When I was younger, teens and 20's, I did not think that I was attractive, or beautiful. Now, I look back at photos and I'm very annoyed with myself because I now believe that I really was, I just wasn't seeing it. I have learned to love myself more, to be kinder to myself, to step outside of my comfort zone and be brave (wearing a bikini in a public pool!? )... But still I do have my days where I get mad that I wasted my youth undervaluing myself, that I wish I could offer my man a sexier, younger body to enjoy, that I feel insecure that I may be what he's got but I'm not what he wishes he had, things like that. All I can say is that being overly critical of yourself in your youth is a massive waste of time that you will absolutely regret one day.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:56 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
All things being equal, yes, it seems men who are on the prowl are attracted to younger women.

There's a scene in a book called The Weird Sisters where one sister, in her 30's, who has always been considered beautiful and sexy, goes to a bar/pool hall to pick up a guy. There's a group of guys who are about her age and seem interested, she's kind of working the room, when a group of early 20s young women - less attractive than she but still attractive - come in and the men fall all over themselves for the group of younger women.

Really a sad place in the book, the moment where she realizes she's not all that young anymore, and younger women are de facto more attractive just because of their youth. And she can't possibly compete. And the main guy she was considering picking up wasn't really all that attractive, she was kind of lowering her standards, but suddenly he wasn't the least bit interested in her anyway.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:08 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,721,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixfeetunder View Post
I've been hearing this debate all over the internet about how younger women age 18-25 are sought after by all men of all ages and such. I've read numerous threads online about how they get free drinks, dates, offers, and just live a perfect life based on youth.

This has made me view myself as an odd exception and rather worthless because I'm in the quote on quote "desirable age group" (20 going to turn 21 next month) and guys generally never talk to me unless they're high, drunk, or dared by their friends. Yes, I'm young and have a firm body but my face isn't conventionally attractive or beautiful.

I always thought that men would like genuinely attractive women by their facial features, clear skin, hair, and body shape and not just because they're young. My skin is covered in flaws I don't wear makeup on a daily basis, and I look like a teenager who still hasn't finished puberty. I'd like to think a man would choose an attractive beautiful women in her 30s than a facially unattractive woman in her 20s because I'm that girl. I would be lying if I said this doesn't make me feel insecure at times.

So is this true or am I wrong (I hope so). It's just something I've observed from others online.
not all young women are beautiful.

but as far as i know, all genetic females have something that still feels pretty good! which is why any woman should never have a hard time finding a nice drunk guy for some short term romance.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:51 AM

15 posts, read 14,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
All things being equal, yes, it seems men who are on the prowl are attracted to younger women.

There's a scene in a book called The Weird Sisters where one sister, in her 30's, who has always been considered beautiful and sexy, goes to a bar/pool hall to pick up a guy. There's a group of guys who are about her age and seem interested, she's kind of working the room, when a group of early 20s young women - less attractive than she but still attractive - come in and the men fall all over themselves for the group of younger women.

Really a sad place in the book, the moment where she realizes she's not all that young anymore, and younger women are de facto more attractive just because of their youth. And she can't possibly compete. And the main guy she was considering picking up wasn't really all that attractive, she was kind of lowering her standards, but suddenly he wasn't the least bit interested in her anyway.
I've experienced this before and when I tell you how disgusted I was of these men for liking me solely because of my youth.

This time I have for myself us to focus on my health, education, and well being and not on the opposite sex. There was one 29 year old guy (who is now 30) that kept pestering me to go out with him and be his girlfriend and I was confused and skeptical as to why he couldn't pursue someone around his age & with someone that is more physically beautiful/attractive. My "youth" was the only reason he felt for me, and I'm not even pretty or attractive.

Old 06-12-2019, 02:04 PM

813 posts, read 601,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post

but as far as i know, all genetic females have something that still feels pretty good! which is why any woman should never have a hard time finding a nice drunk guy for some short term romance.
That was a bit creepy...

Old 06-12-2019, 02:07 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,270,399 times
Definitely not.

Old 06-12-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedjim View Post
That was a bit creepy...

In addition, those type short term "romances" as OP calls them, most always leave women feeling much worse about themselves, not better. Women get attached emotionally during sex, few are going to be happy just going around getting sex without any of the other aspects of a relationship.

Old 06-12-2019, 02:40 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post

Why would anyone want a short term romance with a drunk guy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.