Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 12:58 PM

10,611 posts, read 12,120,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Yeah there is. The industry doesn't call anything "granny panty" or they wouldn't sell. But it's a specific style.
OK yeah.....what I meant to convey is that a "granny panty" it's a high-waisted brief. IMO, the "style" is a high-waisted brief (with full buttocks coverage.) But people who want to sell hipper, cooler "more fashionable" panties needed to find an out-dated, disparaging term for it, so....the regular old brief, which people have been calling that type of panty for decades.....is now made fun of as the "granny panty."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2019, 01:58 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,568,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
If you want to see granny panties, check out the Vermont Country Store catalog. I think they even have bloomers.
No bloomers but this is a good example
https://www.vermontcountrystore.com/.../product/78115

Old 06-14-2019, 07:21 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,263,569 times
Granny panties, whatever they are, are more about the granny than the panties. Granny can wear G-strings if she wants.

Old 06-15-2019, 10:20 AM

57 posts, read 76,243 times
I don't like things that are high waisted.
But I think that some girls look good chilling in those giant bikini bottoms poolside.
Like vintage pin up girls.
But I don't think I can pull them off.
Or I just don't want to because I think high waisted stuff is too restricting and uncomfortable.

But high waisted jeans etcetera are great for people with short legs.
It creates the illusion that their legs aren't as short as they actually are.

Old 06-15-2019, 10:34 AM

797 posts, read 238,420 times
"Great whites", high-waisted, full bottom panties.

Been a granny wearer my entire life... both cotton and nylon-antron.

Old 06-15-2019, 10:37 AM

Was just having a laugh reminiscing about the name my oldest daughter gave my grannies when she was younger.

She called them "balloon pants".

Old 06-15-2019, 11:02 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,130,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
IMO...

2) Even when grannies are referred to -- the first photo is not it.
3) The second photo is what some manufacturers call high-cut briefs.
High cut briefs generally refer to the leg openings being high cut
https://jv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cawet#...tyles_-_en.svg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Good gawd. Talk about first world, I don't even know what to call such a trivial discussion. Thus it will probably be 20 pages long on CD. Who cares what these are called or if women choose them over G-strings? (And yes, I clicked and commented out of boredom and the desire to waste three minutes of my life.)
I clicked it so we could get more use out of the word panties!

Old 06-15-2019, 11:57 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,247,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Me too. I hope real "granny pants" come back in style though. Those are made of comfy cotton and are high waisted, very comfortable. We tried all the types long ago--low rise with elastic that cut into your hips, nylon that made you sweat, tap pants, a few others that I can't remember, but just plain old cotton underpants are the best! It only bothers me a little bit that they now call them "granny pants."
If my mother were still here, she’d tell you — you need granny panties. Every woman needs at least one pair. There’s always that one thing you wear that requires them. For her it was a pair of gorgeous linen pants she made. The only underwear that looked good under them was her nude colored nylon granny panties.

I think proper underwear has largely been forgotten art.

Old 06-15-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
If my mother were still here, she’d tell you — you need granny panties. Every woman needs at least one pair. There’s always that one thing you wear that requires them. For her it was a pair of gorgeous linen pants she made. The only underwear that looked good under them was her nude colored nylon granny panties.

I think proper underwear has largely been forgotten art.
Agreed. I reserve my cotton grannies for general, all around wear, but when it comes to going out in slacks, nothing beats nylon-antron.

Old 06-15-2019, 12:06 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,894,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btsts View Post
I don't like things that are high waisted.
But I think that some girls look good chilling in those giant bikini bottoms poolside.
Like vintage pin up girls.
But I don't think I can pull them off.
Or I just don't want to because I think high waisted stuff is too restricting and uncomfortable.

But high waisted jeans etcetera are great for people with short legs.
It creates the illusion that their legs aren't as short as they actually are.
I agree, I hate things that are high-waisted too. I was happy when low-waisted pants came out

I grew up in the 80's with the horrid high-waisted pants and no thank you. They look good on some people and some people love them so they can have them.

No granny panties for me either. Too uncomfortable, they show when you wear low waisted pants and yikes, panty lines, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty