Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2019, 05:59 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had air sculpting done? It's considered non-invasive, no surgery or downtime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2019, 06:28 PM

1,045 posts, read 758,228 times
This is the first I've heard of it. I hope someone responds, I want to know more about it too. I'll probably Google it later. There's a website I visit where members post reviews & photos of their plastic surgeries, dental implants, acid peels, etc. Maybe there's info about air sculpting there.

Edit: found some info.

https://www.realself.com/question/ai...e-results-good

Last edited by Screenwriter70; 10-08-2019 at 07:06 PM..

Old 10-08-2019, 07:16 PM

It seem inexpensive compared to traditional plastic surgery/facelift.

Old 10-10-2019, 12:34 PM

554 posts, read 622,708 times
Is airsculpting the same as coolsculpting?

Old 10-13-2019, 12:44 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
AirSculpt may have skin tightening effects but there is little evidence to back this up. It still leaves small scars. Since laser lipo is very similar to AirSculpt, the benefits can be considered comparable, but this still amounts to extrapolation and should not be taken as an exact reflection.
No studies have yet confirmed the safety of AirSculpt. The inventor claims that the procedure doesn’t damage the skin or cause swelling. However, all lipo lasers use heat and can burn the skin if not used with care. Safety profiles of certain FDA-approved laser lipo devices remain questionable.
The most common complications from laser lipo include deformed shape, unsatisfactory results, burns, and scarring.
This is a new technique, so it's probably hard to find a doctor who has already a good reputation and good results. I wouldn't want inexperienced doctors to hone their skills on my body.

Ethical question - are they harvesting the fat?
Elite Body Sculpture offers sculpting for the whole body and specifies that the removed fat can be transferred to improve other areas - for instance, natural breast augmentation, a Brazilian butt lift or infused into hands for a more youthful appearance. Could your fat be inserted in someone's butt?

https://www.zwivel.com/blog/airsculpt-liposuction/

Airsculping and coolsculping aren't the same:
Laser liposuction is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that uses a laser to melt away fat under the skin. It’s also called laser lipolysis.
CoolSculpting is a noninvasive cosmetic procedure that uses a cooling applicator to freeze away fat beneath the skin.
CoolSculpting is noninvasive, while laser lipo is a minor surgical procedure.
Laser lipo carries many of the same risks and side effects as traditional liposuction, but on a smaller scale. And while laser lipo results are immediate, CoolSculpting results take several weeks (and up to two months) to be noticeable.
After the procedure, the frozen fat cells die and are processed away and absorbed by your body over a period of several weeks to two months.
https://www.healthline.com/health/la...ing#candidates

Old 10-16-2019, 03:53 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
CoolSculpting is a noninvasive cosmetic procedure that uses a cooling applicator to freeze away fat beneath the skin.
CoolSculpting is noninvasive, while laser lipo is a minor surgical procedure.
Laser lipo carries many of the same risks and side effects as traditional liposuction, but on a smaller scale. And while laser lipo results are immediate, CoolSculpting results take several weeks (and up to two months) to be noticeable.
After the procedure, the frozen fat cells die and are processed away and absorbed by your body over a period of several weeks to two months.
https://www.healthline.com/health/la...ing#candidates
As with many things,it doesn't always work. I have a friend with a $3000 belly...same one she had before the CoolSculpting.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
As with many things,it doesn't always work. I have a friend with a $3000 belly...same one she had before the CoolSculpting.
Hope she got her money back.

Old 10-16-2019, 11:50 AM

11 posts, read 5,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Has anyone had air sculpting done? It's considered non-invasive, no surgery or downtime.
Unfortunately, not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty