Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 07:17 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times

Advertisements

Some overviews of some new options. Although sometimes I wonder if people just pay more for the word "luxury."

The $20 Luxury Face Cream
There’s a boom in low cost skin-care products with a luxury vibe. Here, some of the best of the new class.

The meaning of luxury is broader now. Products are changing because we have changed.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/29/s...ace-cream.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2020, 07:27 PM

777 posts, read 1,872,917 times
Paywalled!

Old 02-09-2020, 03:36 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Does luxury still mean "fancy ass packaging"? Because if so I'm not the luxury type.

Old 02-15-2020, 01:01 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
I am a sucker for nice packaging. But I am also looking for greener ingredients too. My beauty counter has a mix of drugstore, "clean beauty, " indie, and midrange Sephora stuff. I have definitely tried some of the items on the list. They have that modern luxury vibe with their packaging.

Glow recipe has really nice packaging. An the Ordinary and the Inkey have glass bottle for everything making it feel a lot fancier.

Old 02-17-2020, 06:28 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,752 times
The packaging doesn't go onto your face, so it doesn't matter to me.

I use products that help keep the lines and age off my face and my money in my pocket. Olay sunscreen works well for both.

Old 02-19-2020, 08:21 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Spend your money on serum not moisturizer.

Old 02-19-2020, 09:06 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times
My teen daughter (who has great skin) is into all the latest face creams. She has gotten me into Glow and Glossier. But I have been using the Origins line for years. I like the ingredients, smell, and what it does for my skin, and it’s pretty environmentally friendly.

My daughter and her friends also swear by the $60 Estée Lauder face cream, which is funny to me because I associate that with my grandmother and wrinkly older women. For some reason Estée Lauder seems pretty popular now with the younger generation.

Old 02-19-2020, 09:23 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post

My daughter and her friends also swear by the $60 Estée Lauder face cream, which is funny to me because I associate that with my grandmother and wrinkly older women. For some reason Estée Lauder seems pretty popular now with the younger generation.

Estee Lauder does have a lot of anti wrinkle & skin repair products for older women BUT.....they have some newer products for every age range. The Bronze Goddess powder line...for a touch of sun kissed... is super popular from comments on my channel...(tho I don't use powder)....AND the Estee Lauder New Dimension Shape+Fill Serum.

Old 02-19-2020, 09:49 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Estee Lauder does have a lot of anti wrinkle & skin repair products for older women BUT.....they have some newer products for every age range. The Bronze Goddess powder line...for a touch of sun kissed... is super popular from comments on my channel...(tho I don't use powder)....AND the Estee Lauder New Dimension Shape+Fill Serum.
Maybe it is the shape+fill serum - that sounds familiar. I’m going to try it. I just thought it was funny my teen had a $60 Estée Lauder face product on her Christmas list, along with all the other “trendier” face products. I just can’t shake the image that Estée Lauder is my grandma’s face cream. Cool that you have a beauty channel...

Old 02-20-2020, 08:47 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
My teen daughter (who has great skin) is into all the latest face creams. She has gotten me into Glow and Glossier. But I have been using the Origins line for years. I like the ingredients, smell, and what it does for my skin, and it’s pretty environmentally friendly.

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't be thrilled to have teens so busy thinking about face creams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty