Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2020, 05:32 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,185,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
That's not sockless. There are very clearly socks.
Yes, I know. This is a better illustration.

I do not care if people are using ankle socks or no socks. It is the pale (winter) ankles that bother me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2020, 05:41 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,658,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarfsiclex View Post
I tried... but I just found it gross. Don't think I know anyone who wears sneakers without socks, although it may look like they don't because of no-show socks.

I rarely go without socks but many people have gone without socks since at least the 1960s. It seems like I see more people today who don't wear socks with any kind of shoes. Regarding athletic shoes, I used to run a lot of races and I noticed quite a few guys who did not wear socks with their running shoes. That surprised me since I had a tendency to rub blisters and tried many expensive running socks. When I asked a few people about it, they said it was more comfortable not to wear socks.

Old 04-09-2020, 06:18 PM

8,492 posts, read 4,735,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
Agreed. It is gross right along with the people that waddle through stores in flip flops. People anymore are gross and feel it is OK to be so in public and even on planes. I went to a friends house one time, he pulled off his shoes and threw his feet up on the coffee table where we were going to watch TV. I got up and left. If I wanted to see or smell nasty old shoes and feet, I would get a job passing out roller skates at the rink!
In my case, I favor flip flops more because I find closed shoes to be really uncomfortable and annoying. That makes me sort of a barefooter at heart if not in practice. Why you looking at my feet, anyway? Lol

Old 04-09-2020, 06:49 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post

I do not care if people are using ankle socks or no socks. It is the pale (winter) ankles that bother me.
I love that look.

I'm always pale. And I'm not going to cover it up. Nor am I going to tan. Anyone who doesn't like it will just have to look the other way.

Old 04-09-2020, 07:12 PM

1,137 posts, read 448,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
He did this at his house?
Yep, so I left. I didn't expect him to change his behavior in his own house, but I didn't figure I needed to hang out either.

Old 04-09-2020, 07:21 PM

1,137 posts, read 448,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
In my case, I favor flip flops more because I find closed shoes to be really uncomfortable and annoying. That makes me sort of a barefooter at heart if not in practice. Why you looking at my feet, anyway? Lol
In stores, I can ignore them. I just think bare feet and flip flops in public are an indicator of other personal hygiene habits I don't want exposed to. I just can't imagine going into public restrooms, walking though parking lots and public grass areas where people take their pets without shoes. But, I am an old man, long since retired and it is a new world.

Old 04-09-2020, 07:24 PM

35,063 posts, read 31,284,584 times
I will sometimes for older sneakers.

It smells up the shoes too badly for any shoes I care about.

Old 04-09-2020, 09:18 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,449,930 times
I don't always wear socks..be it heels or athletic shoes. Haven't really been concerned what others think. It's not their feet.
My DIL buys boxes of disposable slip socks for any guest visiting. Shoes off....slip socks on. Took awhile to realize she did that so no one was tracking out door or street debris in her home.

Old 04-10-2020, 11:41 AM

2,347 posts, read 1,395,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
I haven't worn socks in years! Of course I wear sneakers (and any other type of shoe) without socks.

I don't have smelly feet
Same here....no smelly feet. I only wear sneakers with no socks.

Old 04-10-2020, 12:00 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,396,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post

So sorry that the fair skinned among us are so bothersome to you. You'll just have to deal because many of us are not going to risk aging skin and skin cancer so you don't have to see our fair skin.

That look is perfectly fine. You are definitely in the minority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty