Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 09:05 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,950 times

Advertisements

I wear jeggings all the time that I got from Nordstrom Rack that I love. They're so comfy, cheap, stylish and easy to restock. I rarely wear jeans anymore.

Other favs that I don't wear practically everyday:

-my black Frye leather booties from Nordstrom, I love the leather and the style and it's pretty comfy but has no traction
-my black knee high mixed materials leather boots from Nordstrom Rack, I will probably wear this to the end
-this black holey sweater that falls off one shoulder that I got from Modcloth. It looks like it's falling apart but it's held up pretty well for the last 4-5 years! I like wearing this to dates. Super sexy but not too showy.
-my black leather hooded bomber jacket I got from an Australian company that no longer exists. I love the softness of the leather and its loud understatement (yes, a contradiction which is why I like it)
-a gold plated diamond shaped locket necklace with a picture of my late dog in it. I wear it everyday now to remember him but I realize it's become a part of my style. I got this from a vintage store almost 10 years ago

I notice that I'll usually wear either one of these when I go out as they go well with almost anything! I think they're my classics. What's yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 09:45 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,584,857 times
My new favorite item......a pair of cigarette jeans from AG. It changes a lot tho. ^^

Old 05-01-2020, 10:59 AM

20,396 posts, read 14,673,179 times
I have various favorites for various occasions, seasons, etc. Right now among my favorites are a couple of tank tops that I picked up at concerts with cool March Fourth Marching Band logos on them. Not many people are familiar with the band, but that's OK, I love them for the cut and fit, and because I like the designs of their logo art. They are ideal for the warm temps we've been having.

You know something is a favorite, when as soon as you do laundry, you have a ping of happiness that this item is once again available to wear, and it's one of the first things you always pull out of the closet after laundry day! Heck, I've got some favorite socks & underwear like that, too. Not as much with the jeans/pants, though...I rarely wear my favorites, my old Tripps because I don't want to wear them out. One pair already has a hole I need to sew up...

Old 05-01-2020, 11:24 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,950 times
I actually feel a pinge of worry when I launder my favorites, hoping nothing happens to them in the wash. I try and hand wash if I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I have various favorites for various occasions, seasons, etc. Right now among my favorites are a couple of tank tops that I picked up at concerts with cool March Fourth Marching Band logos on them. Not many people are familiar with the band, but that's OK, I love them for the cut and fit, and because I like the designs of their logo art. They are ideal for the warm temps we've been having.

You know something is a favorite, when as soon as you do laundry, you have a ping of happiness that this item is once again available to wear, and it's one of the first things you always pull out of the closet after laundry day! Heck, I've got some favorite socks & underwear like that, too. Not as much with the jeans/pants, though...I rarely wear my favorites, my old Tripps because I don't want to wear them out. One pair already has a hole I need to sew up...

Old 05-01-2020, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella Geramia View Post
I actually feel a pinge of worry when I launder my favorites, hoping nothing happens to them in the wash. I try and hand wash if I can.

Even my favorite lingerie is fine on a delicate cycle with cold water & woolite tho. Hand washing is way too much work IMO.......

Old 05-04-2020, 03:38 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,673,179 times
Zero judgment, we all gotta do what we want with our laundry!

But I think most people would be somewhat horrified with my laundry habits. Not only do I never hand wash anything, I also don't iron. I do not own an iron or an ironing board. I refuse. If something is wrinkled, I'll toss it in the dryer for a very short time, then hang it up and it'll be fine.

Also, unless I have something that hasn't been washed much that is a color I expect to possibly bleed, I don't bother with sorting much. I usually will do one load of mixed clothing, and one of towels, every couple of weeks or so. If I must sort, it's only to put any bleedy-colors in with all black clothing, and then the rest in a different load.

I don't buy expensive brand name clothes, I don't tend to spend a lot on my clothing for the most part, and if it gets destroyed in the wash, then it simply was not fit enough to survive in my closet, I figure.

Though that almost never happens. I did have one spaghetti strap tank top I used to love, it had black and white horizontal stripes and black canvas straps sewn down the left and right of the front, with little metal doodads on the straps, it was a pretty unusual style. One of the straps got hung up on the thing in the middle of the washer, and stretched to death. I stowed the shirt away somewhere, with the vague notion I'd fix it somehow, but I've never gotten around to it.

Old 05-05-2020, 05:13 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,461,394 times
I got blasted for this before - but I seriously wear these to work. Straight legged polyester jammie bottoms that have an elastic waist with a tie. I have multiple pairs in black, grey and navy blue. I pair them with a professional business casual nice top, a pair of business casual shoes and get to spend the day at the exec meetings and at my desk in my jammies. I have even gotten some compliments on my outfits (probably because of the top) and accepted an award in these jammies. Gosh I love them. Got them all at Target.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:17 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella Geramia View Post
I am also a hand washer! I have many nice intimates, as well as tops and other items that cannot go in the washing machine. So I'm all for maintaining & preserving the integrity of these fabrics for as long as possible.

As for my favorites right now, I'm keeping it casual- definitely my white leather DKNY sneaks.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I am also a hand washer! I have many nice intimates, as well as tops and other items that cannot go in the washing machine. So I'm all for maintaining & preserving the integrity of these fabrics for as long as possible.

Just use a lingerie bag to prevent snags......on a cold & delicate cycle with woolite & line dry. I have too much lingerie to be hand washing it all..............

Old 05-06-2020, 11:13 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,104,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Zero judgment, we all gotta do what we want with our laundry!

But I think most people would be somewhat horrified with my laundry habits. Not only do I never hand wash anything, I also don't iron. I do not own an iron or an ironing board. I refuse. If something is wrinkled, I'll toss it in the dryer for a very short time, then hang it up and it'll be fine.

Also, unless I have something that hasn't been washed much that is a color I expect to possibly bleed, I don't bother with sorting much. I usually will do one load of mixed clothing, and one of towels, every couple of weeks or so.
You and me both! I have a favorite pair of cuffed capri denims and if the cuffed get really "funky" from the wash, I'll use my teeny hair flat iron to "iron" them back. I never separate colors.

My favorite clothing item right now (other than comfy pants) are those previously mentioned cuffed capris. They are Denizen (Target's Levi brand) boyfriend cropped denim pants and they are so soft and comfy and they run large so I get a size 6 which makes me feel really good about myself too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty